Update and prayer requests

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2012, 09:57 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I've been on JM. I've missed you all.

I guess I'll just jump in with a prayer request. One of Rick's nieces was diagnosed recently with end stage brain cancer. It can't be treated so we are just doing everything we can to make her last few months with us as joyful and comfortable as possible.

She is a beautiful young woman and her faith is strong. She doesn't fear death. But this is still very hard on all of us and we could use your prayers.

Also, I'm sure the tragedy in CT hasn't escaped anyone's thoughts or prayers these last few days. But I just wanted to ask that we all keep the entire community of Newtown in our prayers for as long as we can remember to. A friend of mine is a teacher in that school district (not the same school).

Between dealing with all that and all the usual craziness that the holiday season brings around here, I have had no free time to be on JM. I've really missed it. Hoping to have some time this week to get caught up with everyone. Praying for many blessings for you all!

December 17th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Anna! I noticed you hadn't been on lately and was wondering how everything was going with you. So sorry to hear about Rick's niece - how tragic! Glad that she has faith though and knows where she's going. That's at least some comfort in the time of all this. I'll be praying for her and all her family.

I've though of the shooting multiple times. It just hit a big empty pit in my stomach. Your friend must have been really shook up over all this! I couldn't image knowing someone that worked in that school district. DH works for a school district and we were talking about it and he said if he was at a school (he goes to every school site in the district daily) and heard gun shots that he'd go and try and run towards where they are in order to try and stop more tragic from happening. That just makes me stop and think more.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

December 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everytime I think about the tragedy in CT I cry. I can't imagine what the families are going through. You're friend in the district must be devestated. My heart aches for everyone. I will keep all of those people in my prayers.

I'll also be praying for Rick's niece and all of their family. She sounds like a wonderful young lady. She has a strong faith and is a very strong person. I'm really sorry to hear about what she is going through and that you all have to go through this.

Glad to hear from you Anna. Merry Christmas!

December 19th, 2012, 08:34 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Anna, I am so sorry. How old is this young woman? I will pray for her peace and her families and that GOD keeps her even closer in these next months.

I have been praying for those poor families daily....words cannot even describe...xoxo thinking of u!!

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
December 19th, 2012, 09:58 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear this... Lord touch her and her family

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search