Praying

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
At what did you start teaching your child about prayer?
At what age did you start teaching them about praying before meal time?

Kynslee is only 14 months but we've been trying for about the last month to try and say a quick prayer before we put her in the high chair(usually something like Dear Lord help me be a good girl today and let me obey mama and daddy and thank you for this food; Amen) . Let me add that Sam and I always pray before a meal together and have always done that - I'm saying last month for Kynslee getting involved. I know she's still young but I'm hoping that she picks up on the value of saying prayer before meals. I though it was pretty young but then we went to a friend's house and their 16 1/2 month old would already put her head down and mumble things(baby talk) then say amen. That got me to thinking and really start trying to teach Kynslee while young and picks up on things easily. I know she doesn't understand fully the meaning of prayer but it's the idea of getting her use to the idea so when old enough she'll already understand some.

What did you mamas do at this age?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

December 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We have always prayed at meals, the kids heard us and started on their own. Usually we have 2 or 3 kids pray each meal(they fight over who gets to)Rogan(2yrs) prays often "Thank you food, thank you mumble thank you mumble AMEN ".

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search