The NEW WORLD...what is to come, Revelations? Questions?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mamaginger
  • 1 Post By mamaginger
  • 1 Post By Buggymom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2012, 03:49 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I watched a program today on Revelations and became a bit well, terrified! Okay, so after the 7 years of tribulations, Stan is chained for 1,000 years until the final battle where he meets his demise correct? Are we fighting in this battle? Us literally? Could we die in it?

Then GOD will create a new world and the final judgemenent will be made. Now, grantid we are saved from Hell, but will we potentially be punished for other things? This is scary.

I talked to my pastor about it and asked him if in the "New World" will anyone ever wrong CHRIST again, will sin be able to enter in, could there be wars...or will it be a place of complete harmony.?" He said "We'll see" This confused me bc I thought Heaven was an eternal perfect place, not a place of a New World that we really don't know if something awful could ever come....

"Book Of Revelations"...not for the faint at heart...=(*

I read a pastor's sermon that said the fearful of GOD or the fearful of man will perish in hell?? It's kind of hard not to be fearful. Why do some Christians believe that when you are saved you are saved and others believe you still can go to hell for "works" done wrong? Maybe we are wrong...........

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
December 24th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess the way I look at it is that every film director, every pastor and every person has to take away what they believe it all means for themselves... All a pastor does is interpet what they think it means. It's essentially their personal opinion. Based on hopefully many hours of research, but there is a reason, I believe, that there are hundreds of thousands of pastors, and many teach different things when it comes to the end times.

My own thoughts are that God used symbols like war, natural disasters and famine, to signal the end times... well surprise...there has ALWAYS been war, natural disasters and famine. He specifically said we will not know when Christ is to return. To me this means that we should be focused on how we live now. Not in fear of what may or may not happen based on human opinion. As for Revelations. It is not a pleasant thought, that we may suffer for our faith, but reality is that people for the history of time have had to stand persecution for being Christian. Horrible horrible things. It may not be pleasant. It actually will probably be really awful, but focusing on that doesn't seem very productive to me, now. Instead I try to focus on the amazing ways God has revealed himself to me. And how he has never failing, never ending love for his children. I do whatever I can to live in such a way that is pleasing to him, but I am human and I have my shortcomings and screwups... I ask for forgiveness when I need it, and I KNOW that he always forgives.

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

December 24th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I rarely watch/read anything about Revelations, just because it seems like so much of it comes from personal interpretation. Or there is so much information that I can't process it.

I once did a bible study that included a bit of Revelation that looked at each of the 7 churches in their cultural context, and then it made more sense than any of it ever did before.
I believe all that is written in the Bible is true, but I'm still working on covering the stuff that my mind can comprehend, so I don't go to Revelations very often. Romans 8: 37-39 is an excellent verse!
December 25th, 2012, 07:54 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got lots of verses that are very clear on this topic ( and many of them are outside the book of revelation). I can't do them all right now cause its Christmas Day...lol.

I will say that you don't need to worry about fighting or dying. When Jesus comes all of us from creation to the day he returns will already have been raptured and changed to our glorified bodies. We can't die or sin ever again. Jesus will do all the "work" battling the Antichrist and his followers. He will also be the one to cast Satan into the lake of fire after the 1000 years and the period of time that he is "loosed" again. We Christians will live in Jerusalem, ruling and reigning with Jesus during that 1000 years. There will still be regular worldly people outside the city. They will live as we live now in a mortal body, marrying and having children, sinning and being saved. After the 1000 years there will be a judgement of the wicked. The bodies of all the wicked will be resurrected and they will all be judged. Many are already in Hell (the ones already dead) so I don't know what "judgement" they will receive. This is the "white throne judgement." It's not for us. Our judgement is called "The judgement seat of Christ." (If you wanted to look those up) Again....don't know what it entails because the Bible doesn't really say. After the 1000 yrs and all evil cast into the lake of fire, the earth will be renovated back to perfection (like Eden). This will be the new earth where we live forever with no more pain, sickness, death, sin, evil...nothing bad ever again. God won't allow it. It will be perfect. It will be our earth, only better....not some wispy, spiritual place in the sky we can't imagine. This is comforting to me. I know Heaven as it is now is a wonderful waiting place but I look most forward to the new earth! Ill post all the verses for this later.

Merry Christmas!!
jeweluv likes this.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Last edited by mamaginger; December 25th, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
December 25th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Oh and don't believe what you see on tv! I just recorded a bunch of stuff on the history channel but I know it's all crap. Lol. I just want to be aware of what nonbelievers think and where they get their crazy ideas from so I can have an educated conversation with them about it. I watched the Davinci code for the very same reason. It's total blasphemy and completely false. It's amazing how people will be so obsessed with the "false gospels" and other books rejected by the very earliest believers but they'll never seek out the true scripture. It's like they WANT to believe a lie.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Last edited by mamaginger; December 25th, 2012 at 08:01 AM.
December 25th, 2012, 08:14 AM
One more thing...just because someone is a pastor doesn't mean they've researched every topic. We have 3 pastors. Our senior pastor went to seminary and Jonathan (the one I always talk about that teaches my Sunday school class) literally has only a high school education but Stephen (Sr. Pastor) will tell you flat out that Jonathan knows more than him. He's always joking about Jonathan quoting scripture from memory and how he himself can't hardly do it. You'd like to think all pastors know the Bible inside and out but the truth is, they don't. Many of them know a lot more about scripture that has to do with salvation and Christian living but not the deeper subjects that new Christians may never delve into because they think its too hard to understand and only care about "making it to heaven." I know from experience that every pastor can NOT be trusted. I trust my three with all my heart but if I want to ask a question about anything Biblical...I'm going to Jonathan. The other two pastors admit they do the same thing.
jeweluv likes this.

December 26th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Revelation can be scary. One thing you have to remember is it was written a long time ago...and different things could mean something different now.

I do believe in the rapture....and we won't have to suffer because of this.

TV....does have a way of twisting things, or making things scary because they are trying to get ratings. Take it with a grain of salt.

Also, pastors are people and can make mistakes....so sometimes what they say may not be 100% correct...if you feel like you don't agree with something that was said, go with your gut feeling and don't worry about it.

If I read or see something scary about the end of times I get freaked out too! All the bad things you read and hear going on only make it worse. You're not the only one and I think it's normal. The things above always make me feel better when I think of them.
jeweluv likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search