Thoughts and prayers needed please

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's with a heavy heart that I write this! We were out of town for the holiday and left early Friday afternoon. Sunday morning DH gets a text from his mom saying that his grandpa is really sick and isn't expected to live long. We didn't really know what to do since we were several hours away and originally planning to stay with our friends until Dec 26th. Well, Sam(DH) got another text at around 7pm Sunday saying grandpa is expected to die within the hour. His grandpa died early morning Monday So, our holiday was cut short and we drove home Monday. Tuesday we went and saw his grandma and wanted to encourage her. She seemed pretty good and in good strength even though all she just went through loosing her husband of 60 years(I believe that long - they got married really young). Well, Sam just got a text saying Grandma is in the ER My heart is just broken!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed Sam grandparents and yesterday when we went and saw his grandma sadly the house was not the same with grandpa not sitting in his usual chair Anyway - if you could really please pray for us and DH's family we'd really appreciate it! We don't know any more details about his grandma and why she's in the ER but please just pray that if it's the Lord's will she may get better.

The really sad part (I really hate writing this) is that DH's grandpa was not saved, he just never really cared much for "religion" as he'd say and didn't really want to know about where he'd go after he died. It's soo soo hard for us to know that he's most likely in hell and will be in forever pain So hard to know that we will never get to see him again. And, sadly, his grandma doesn't profess to be saved either. She doesn't really care to listen to things about Christ either so it's just really hard right now! I wish we could just talk to her and make her try and listen before she gets too weak.
Baby #2 is on the way!!
December 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Praying for you your family Ashley

Thank You tasha_mae

December 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Super Mommy to be
praying for your family!
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
December 28th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Ashley! That's terrible. I am so sorry to hear that. I will be praying for you and your family right now. Praying for Sam's grandma.

December 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Veteran
So sorry to hear that
I will be praying for you and for your family.
December 28th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies!! All your prayers are VERY much appreciated!!!

Sam's grandma cough the same flu that killed his grandpa. She was released at one point and then started getting really sick to her stomach so the ambulance took her to the hospital. DH got word this morning that his grandma is refusing meds and her white blood cell count is really high and she's fighting an infection still. So sadly, it sounds more like she has just lost the will to live after loosing her husband. Sam's dad is taking this really hard especially since he knows his parents are not saved. My FIL has been at the hospital so much between his dad dying and now his mom sick that he himself is really weak and super tired. I'm wishing we could go by and see grandma before she gets worse (well, praying that she gets better) but have been told this whole time to just stay away so that she can rest. I just hope she doesn't loose all the will to live and then possibly die quickly and we never get to see her again. I didn't realize how exactly close I was to Sam's grandparents until now. You never know how bad you really miss someone until they are gone or possibly will be gone
Baby #2 is on the way!!
December 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry... just pray for her. You never know how the Holy Spirit may have moved in his Grandfather in his last hours. There's always hope. ((((HUGS)))))

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 30th, 2012, 09:14 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
...always hope...........praying for you guys....healing prayers, peace prayers.............pain is hard but the LORD is healing. Please rech out and know you are in our thoughts and hearts..............we don't know the LORD'S plan but we can be sure he never leaves us........xoxox <<<hugs>>>>>>>>>

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
January 1st, 2013, 09:43 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Take hope in knowing that you weren't there when his grandfather died, you don't know what his last words were, or even his last thoughts. *hugs* I hope someone can get through to his grandmother!

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

January 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you all and the whole family!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! Sam's grandma did get better and is now at home but is SUPER weak still! They are having a memorial Jan 19th for grandpa and if you could please pray that we can possibly be an encouragement to his grandma and possibly talk to her about Christ. She (his g-ma) has stated she wants time to try and heal so that's why the memorial is so late and also so that she can regain her strength before going through the tiring time of a memorial.
Baby #2 is on the way!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search