2014 by 2014 ???

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree46Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Being sick sucks so bad !!! Pray for health for you.

We were at bible study tonight and Rogan(was sitting between us on the couch) started vomiting . So we striped him to his undies and home we came.

November 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh dear, I hope he feels better soon AND I hope you don't get it.

It's #3's party today, the kids get out at 1 so I better get to making those cupcakes.
November 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes.. Yeah definitely hoping you don't catch that and that he kicks it quick. Stomach bugs are miserable.

Baking is so much fun. I have all these pastry recipes I've been wanting to make, but it takes energy which is something I've been lacking these days.

Tomorrow, I plan on just relaxing at home. Hopefully I can sleep past 3 am tonight if my squished bladder doesn't wake me up again lol.
Countrymom4 likes this.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Last edited by SkyBaby; November 7th, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
November 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM
So far it has held to just Rogan and just last night...keep the prayer it stays there

We have the last day of swimming lessons tomorrow (doing a dance).
SkyBaby likes this.

November 9th, 2013, 02:02 PM
We have great neighbors !!! Dh has been working off farm in the semi, but the feedlot is filling and we only have one hiredman here(one in semi also). When the cattle come in they all need to be processed(needled, taged etc). It takes at least 4 people to do this. We have had two neighbors come help me and the hired hand do 100 thia morning.
#5in2005 likes this.

November 10th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome Crystal!

I lost my voice on friday, and it's unbelievably annoying.
November 11th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you've got awesome people here to help you, Chrystal! Farm life isn't easy like people tend to think it is.

We were sick a week ago, but it wasn't too bad. Just a slight sore throat and congestion. We're fine now.

I'm scheduled for an OB appointment today but since it's a holiday today, the scheduler may have made a mistake. They call like 2 weeks ahead of the appointment just to confirm in case i need to change it and the woman I talked to then didnt mention anything about the holiday. The hospital where my OB's practice is is almost an hour away. If we get there and they're closed, that would be a waste of a drive. I'll see if DH is willing to take me shopping in that event.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get some shopping in

I have a voice, but only sortof. My brother and nieces watched the Titanic the other day, and we realized I do a fantastic Rose in the end when she calls out "Jack! Come back!" It's a nuisance, my brain feels like it's only half functioning.

Hey, newbies that just introduced themselves, jump right in to this thread!
November 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
pray you get your voice back.

Tomorrow we are going to Agribition(a large farm show). The kids are so excited, there is a building of exhibits just for kids(all farm related). So a big homeschool teaching day

November 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If I lived in SASK we'd be going to Agribition too, hope you have a fun time. But I'm in AB, so I went to the CFR and farmfair last weekend. And to the waterpark at West Edmonton mall, that was super fun, but super expensive for a family as big as mine, but we'd never gone before so we thought we had to do it even if it was just once.

My throat is getting a little better bit by bit.
November 12th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow sounds like you guys all had fun weekends! My weekend was pretty busy. DH, FIL, me and Lily took the three hour drive to Los Angeles to visit my MIL who is in the hospital recovering from surgery on her digestive tract. I don't want to give too many details, but the operation went so wonderfully, much better than anyone expected. We all hoped and prayed, and results were fantastic. She is sore though and still unable to eat. We are thanking God for the success of the surgery and praying she can eat something soon. It all upsets her tummy too badly.

Then we stopped and visited my parents since we were in the area after leaving the hospital. It was really nice seeing them unplanned like that and visited for a couple hours before we started the long drive back home.

DH had Veteran's Day off so we spent that extra time getting more little projects started and others finished. DH and FIL installed a new gate for DD in our house which gives her access to the hallway now. After that, DH's dad took him to a big tool store and got him this awesome new power drill for an early bday present and he's excited about that.

I had a prenatal appointment yesterday which you can read more about in another thread here. That went great!

Today, I am cleaning more. I can never quite seem to get caught up on laundry. Hoping to be done today. It's nice and cloudy outside and I am very much enjoying that. Call me a vampire but I prefer cloudy weather to sunny days. Overcast, rainy days energize me. I feel good right now!

November 13th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you had a good weekend too!

I am organizing...once again. I want to put a new floor down in one of the bedrooms, (I've only been planning this for a year and a half) and instead of taking all the stuff out and then cleaning up the disaster post new floor, I want to find a home for everything before I start making a mess. The carpet in there is GROSS.
Speaking of gross, part of my cleaning and organizing spree is because of our mouse problem we had, shudder. I found their pathway into the house in the garage and filled it in with spray foam, but that ment they lost their way into the garage, so I had essentially trapped them all in our house. YUCKY!!!!!!! Anyways, we haven't seen any for over a week now, so I hope the problem is over. They were BAD this year, and also very agressive in what they were getting into. Are you all shuddering? I still am.
November 13th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Snap traps baited with peanut butter. Works every time. We had a mouse in the house last year sometime. The no kill traps baited with peanut butter didnt work. One night of snap traps baited with peanut butter and the problem is solved. Of course, you've gotta dispose of a body afterwards, but it's a million times better than the poisons people use. The mouse eats the poison then wonders back into your walls and dies and stinks up the whole house. Seen that happen with a mouse in a classroom and swore I'd never try that lol. It was disgusting.

Bible study has been cancelled tonight, so I might spend the time finishing all the cleaning I never got done over the weekend lol. DD needs a nap now and I'm looking forward to an interruption free shower before anything else lol.

November 13th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I hate mice so bad We had mice get into our new car and they totally trashed it. We had to go through insurance to get it cleaned and seatbelts replaced.

Agribition was great, the kids had a blast. We did not stay for the rodeo this year. To get tickets would have cost us $200..... for a rodeo.

I have laundry baskets everywhere, they are clean but I have had NO time to clean up anything. Tomorrow morning we are off to the city bright and early to take the cat in to get fixed. Then off to skating in town 30 mins the other way.

November 15th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that's exactly how we catch the mice, with peanut butter. UGH.

Crystal, you're not very convincing at being a stay-at-home mom I think I'm forever catching up on my house, just to get busy enough to have it all fall apart.

It's snowing here!
November 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Being we home school too it takes most of my day. I can have everything orderly but I still have weeks when everything hits the fan . Oh well thats life with kids.

DD is at a youth group event with Kyle. Bigger or better event. He has taken her to the last couple. I think it is good for them to spend some time together.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forum Runner

November 18th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My organization plans have gone out the window for now. DD had a tummy bug so I spent all of Friday cleaning up projectile puke. Poor kid couldn't keep anything down and was obviously feeling very crumby. She's better now, but now I caught it.

DH and I just saw Thor 2. Good movie. My stomach was sort of bothering me in the theater but not too bad. Walking out to our car afterwards though was a different story. It was my turn to get sick every where. I hate being sick in public. It's embarrassing, especially when you can't make it to the trash can 15 feet away. :/ I spent all of last night tossing my cookies and only got a few hours sleep. Food is not an option as I'm struggling just keeping fluids down long enough to help my body. I really can't catch a break here. Three colds over the last couple months and now a tummy bug. Just what I need. My wonderful DH stayed home today with me because I can't take care of DD feeling like I do. Please pray this nastiness is over fast so I can start keeping fluids down again.

November 18th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Being sick like that is THE worst!! At least with a cold you can kinda manage, but I hope you feel better soon, and your dd too.

It's nice that your dh takes dd to stuff like that Crystal! My pastor told me the other day that if you're going to get a relationship right, it should be mother/son, father/daughter. Not that other ones aren't important of course, but I do tend to agree. I can be the most fantastic mom ever, but my girls all look to be validated by their dad. I told him that if he affirms them they won't look for that kind of affirmation elsewhere (read: boys) until they're a little older. Now the whole boy thing freaks him out still, so he takes his role very seriously, and it's working...so far anyways.
SkyBaby and Countrymom4 like this.
November 18th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I agree Linda !!! It is very important to have their fathers mentoring them to the husbands they would like to choose

I really know I should start watching what I am eating, my weight is slooowly creeping up . It seems like I have to go on a full out diet to ever lose weight.

November 18th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! Thought its probably about time i jump on into this thread
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search