2014 by 2014 ???

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree46Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope your thanksgiving goes off without a glitch.

I am SO glad that I get a few quiet-ish days at home. I really needed to catch up on a few things....and as per usual, it's the calm before the storm.

right now I'm just paying some bills, and finding excuses to stall on finishing putting my stuff in the computer.
November 29th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did everyone's thanksgiving go?! Mine went pretty well, ate way too much food and got to spend some time with my family and play some cards. I still have thanksgiving round 3 to go to tonight..i dont think there is any more room left in my stomach!
Countrymom4 likes this.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

November 29th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I went Black Friday Shopping !! We made plans yesterday at noon and left for the States at 7. We just drove into Williston ND. So not lots of people or too crazy. We got some killer deals and back home by 4 today.

November 30th, 2013, 06:30 AM
you brave soul! lol ive never gone black friday shopping, too scared! did you get any good deals?

November 30th, 2013, 07:54 AM
We did find some great deals... a 14 inch trampoline $168 here close to $300. Camo sweaters in the pink $10.00 here at Cabelas close to $70. When we were shopping there was never a lot of people even when a store would just open there was maybe 15 people waiting.

December 1st, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our thanksgiving was a nice week with my family. Much quieter than DH's side and sometimes that's nice lol. The hardest part of traveling for us is knowing how tired we will be because Lily doesn't usually do well with overnight visits anywhere. She did ok this time though. Because we got there Tuesday night and left Saturday, she had time to get a little used to it and we weren't too tired to enjoy seeing everyone. We all had a good time and celebrated all of our family's birthdays falling in winter, including mine and DH's, and DD's, who is 2 today!

DH and my dad went Black Friday shopping and my dad scored a 40 inch HDTV for $178! The next day, my dad took me and my aunt to Ikea. Very awesome store. I'd love to go hog wild there lol.

We are back in town and getting back into the swing of things here and getting ready to celebrate DD's second birthday today after she wakes up from her nap. Poor kid has a slight cold for her birthday and now I've got it, too (that makes cold number four this pregnancy). It's very mild thankfully. Not one of those super miserable ones. She won't be too sick to enjoy herself.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Last edited by SkyBaby; December 1st, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
December 3rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy birthday to your DD, hope she felt well enough to celebrate a bit.

School has been cancelled for the last 2 days and they've already cancelled for tomorrow, although I don't know why really. And I had planned to do a LOT of cleaning tomorrow with no little people around, but anyways, it's okay.
December 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM
40 inch tv for 198?! thats awesome! Happy bday to your dd! hope her and you feel better!

School cancelled? is it snowing where you are at? please done send it my way!

December 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
kids are in school today, tomorrow is off. What a crazy week.

I am working on my Christmas letter. It's not going well
December 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM
It has been sooooo cold here -40c which is -40F . The tractors really don't like starting in that weather

December 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds miserable Chrystal! It's been cold here, but our coldest temps are in the teens at night and barely climbing above freezing in the day, certainly nothing below 0F. That's unusually cold for us, though. Normal winter temps barring a storm or cold front moving in are 40-50s F in the day and just below freezing at night.

We just got a little snow over the weekend and schools have been closed on and off from all the ice that refuses to melt until the last couple days when we finally got our normal temps back. We are supposed to get another storm this weekend and I hope so because I love winter storms.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

December 12th, 2013, 11:41 AM
oh wow! def do not send it my way! its been between 8-18F here the past week or so and i am sooo over this cold! i swear im moving south when i get the chance

December 12th, 2013, 12:41 PM
ya those temps are not fun.

Dh and I have a night out tonight . It is a Christmas party for the rural council board DH sits on. Did I say NO kids
#5in2005 likes this.

December 13th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The coldest spot in the world was 5 miles from my house last friday. Those temps are miserable, but thankfully it was short lived.

"our" ski hill opens tomorrow! and it's only going to be -5

Hope you had fun at your Christmas party!

We're going Christmas shopping with the kids tonight, so then we'll be all set. They each have to buy for a family member and a cousin so it's managable.

My oldest got her drivers license this week. We've had so much snow that the roads still aren't very good, but we might let her drive when they clear up a bit. Maybe
Countrymom4 likes this.
December 13th, 2013, 09:14 AM
We had so much fun at the Christmas party. We rented a party bus ( seats 20) and all of us drove up to Regina together to a dinner theater.

How much does a babysitter cost in your area ? Do you pay per child ?
Rainbow Momma likes this.

December 13th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Party buses are so cool! My grandma rented a party bus for all of us to take us to the port when we went on our cruise last January. That was so much fun! The only weird thing was our party bus had a pole in it for.. Ya know.. Lol

I've never looked into a sitter. I have no idea what one costs in town. We have family in town and DH and I just plan our movies and date nights on their days off so they can watch her. There are several daycares in the area though and there's one connected with our church so that's an option if I started working or something.

We did all of our Christmas shopping Amazon lol. They wrap it and send it either to us or straight to the person receiving the present depending on the shipping options. Its easier for us that way since we'd have to drive almost an hour to find department stores. I do like going shopping and getting out of the house though while DH is more of a home body. I left the Christmas shopping up to him though so he did it all on Amazon lol.

December 14th, 2013, 06:36 AM
i did half of my shopping on amazon and half of it in stores last night. i love giving gifts it just always puts a too big of a dent in my pocket book!

December 16th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I still have a couple things to pick up...but I keep putting it off because the stores are so crazy. Hoping to take the children shopping tomorrow. They go to the dollar store and pick presents for everyone(they put so much thought into it). Then Wednesday night hope to finish mine.
Rainbow Momma likes this.

December 16th, 2013, 01:39 PM
its such a great feeling having all my shopping AND wrapping done! now i just hope my puppy doesnt tear off the wrapping to the presents

December 23rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I did a fair bit of shopping on amazon too. So easy.

My kids get paid a minimum of $5 and hour for babysitting, mostly it's around $6.50.

We are going to this house tonight that's got over the top Christmas lights. I have a cold so all I really want to do is sit under a blankie on the couch, but it's not like I can't function, so it's ok.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search