2014 by 2014 ???

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree46Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Super Mommy
Can I get in on this 2014 by 2014 thing?

Sinus infections are no fun. Hope you're on the mend.

Justin's at the hospital with Leah and all three of my other little ones are asleep at the moment. I know this won't last long so I'm enjoying every second of it.
~Mother of Miracles

January 15th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Wow are things getting crazy here ! Sorry I have not been on much
Skating is back in full swing. Teagan had decided not to compete this year..... well that changed now we are everywhere.

January 16th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How many times a week are you on the go for skating?

All of our activities are on tuesday (6 all together) and wednesday, for right now, 2 kids are in church choir and 2 play basketball.

I made some freezer meals last night (I had nowhere to put the groceries for them, so I just made them) and am going to make 4 more tomorrow. I only loaded the dishwasher last night and cleared the island, so I've got a messy kitchen waiting for me. Oh well, at least supper is made for tonight already.
January 16th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Well skating on Tues skating starts at 3the girls skate, 5:45 Cohen skates then the girls go back on at 6:30-8

Wed the girls have piano
Thursday the girls skate times depend on what club we skate with(we are registed with 2
Friday Teagan skates
Sunday afternoon we have a couple hrs of skating if 4-H is not on

We have a pretty good schedual compaired to when we had one girl in hockey too. That was 7 days a week at the rink!

January 16th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! You are really busy Chrystal!

I love watching Hockey. I so glad that the NHL will FINALLY start soon!! I'm a big Dallas Star's fan! Any pro hockey lovers? I would love watching little kids practice also but haven't really got the chance. Hockey is just fun!

DH has been sick and I think he's finally starting to get over it. I HATE having sick people in the house.

Sure Audrey - jump right in! Yay for having all 3 asleep for a bit. How is Sarah adjusting to being home? How is Leah doing?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

January 17th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I need to make 2 batches of banana bread but decided getting on the computer sounded more fun. And, I have a load of laundry ready to be put in the dryer and some clothes soaking to be ready to put in the wash. Fun Fun ..... I'd rather be reading a book. Oh, and a little monkey that needs to be put down for a nap so I can get it all done

January 17th, 2013, 06:46 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh is a huge Dallas Stars fan. Which means that hockey will be on 4 nights a week. Which means I will be ready to scream in about 2 weeks

Finals week at school and it has been nuts.
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
January 18th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No one in my house likes hockey (yay)

I find it hard to balance the activities, it's great for the kids to do and be in stuff, but I don't want my home life to suffer too much AND I want my kids to have time to play outside etc. Up until recently we stayed away from sports teams, instead we all go skiing on saturday in winter and ride horses in summer. That said, we have 6 activities on tuesday, 2 on wednesday and 2 on thursdays, but anyways.

Dh and I are going on a date tonight It's been a really long time, and looking at our calendars it will be quite a while before we actually feel like going somewhere on a free night.
January 19th, 2013, 03:44 PM
How was the date night ?

Balance is a hard thing, trying to balance for everyone.
2 kids going to grandmas for a couple days, Taking Teagan cloths shopping. So frusterating !! She wears a sz 14 or 16 but most stores don't sell those sizes.

January 20th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupti View Post
Dh is a huge Dallas Stars fan. Which means that hockey will be on 4 nights a week. Which means I will be ready to scream in about 2 weeks

Finals week at school and it has been nuts.
They won their first game!! My dad works at the American Airlines Arena where the Star's play and he can sometimes get free tickets. We are going back to TX early Feb and I was hoping we could go to a game. But, they are on the road that week except for days we are not available I'm sad as I was hoping Kynslee could go to her first game.

Yay for a date night!!! How did it go?

Our Goodwill's in the area have half off tomorrow so we are going thrift store shopping and I'm hoping to get Kynslee some more clothes. Especially sleepers. I hate spending so much $ on just something to sleep in!!
lupti likes this.

January 21st, 2013, 03:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The date was great fun, it's so good to be a "couple" sometime, if you know what I mean. Dh is a sweetie, he had bough me a necklace (that I really wanted but would never buy for myself) that went with earrings I got for Christmas.

How old is Teagan? 11 or 12 by any chance. I have found that to be the very worst age to shop for. There's stuff for kids that is almost too child-ish and there stuff for teens that is in no way appropriate for a child. There's not much that's nice for that in between stage. Did you have succes shopping?

And how about at Goodwil? Did you score?
January 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM
How was your goodwill ? Ours is very small and hit and miss on clothing

yay for date night and Dh's nice gift !!

Teagan is turning 11 in a couple months....by far the worst age to shop for. She has quit wearing underwear because they are way too big or to small.

January 22nd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Goodwill was pretty good. We wanted to hit several but neither DH or I was feeling very good so only went to a couple. I did find some things for Kynslee so that was nice. I only found 1 sleeper though so I need to keep looking for those for her.

Yea for a great date night! Our 5 year anniversary is this Saturday (the 26th) but we are not sure what we are wanting to do yet. Our friends are stopping by for a quick bit on their way up to Tahoe but don't know what we will do that evening.

Right now DH and I both have the flu (just a mild case but still no fun!!). So, hopefully we both get better in time to want to do something Saturday. Please pray that Kynslee doesn't get this flu - I'd feel so bad if we passed it on to her But, my doc said she's already exposed especially since both DH and I have it and that there is a good chance she'll get it unless good immune system. She's been good fighting things off before but I was still bfing then her and she had my antibodies.

January 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had to work late tonight and I didn't even get to kiss the kids goodnight 30 min with the kids in a day is not enough! I usually get at least 2 hours, sometimes a little more or less depending on what time they wake up.

I hate too that I didn't even get to give DH much warning on it today. It is hard on him as well.

But thankful I have the job and that it is the exception and not the norm to work late.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What kind of work do you do?

Hope everyone stays well.

I had the 24 hr bug, ugh. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad the kids are bigger and fend for themselves. It makes me feel bad, but it was just short.

I am wearing a shirt I haven't worn in years, and don't look like a sausage Yay.

Doing my bookkeeping *shudder*
January 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am an analyst .. numbers, data, history for the program that I work for. I love my job, but I hate being away from the kids so much. I do have weekends off though, and every other Tuesday so it could be worse. I am actually going to be taking a lot of time off here, because Noah just got recommended for Speech Therapy, which they want to do 2 times a week starting next week (we just had his evaluation with the actual therapist today). She said for the first few appts she likes a parent to sit in and then if the child is doing well and feeling comfortable with her then often the appts go better without a parent to distract. At the beginning though, that means I will be taking off a few hours 2 mornings a week to take him. That way DH can stay with Abigail, because having her in the room there also would be VERY distracting. That is bad for work, but good for me to spend a bit more time with the him. Luckily I have plenty of leave built up and work should be flexible enough to just let me take a few hours off those morning (I meant to talk to my boss about it today, but things just got so busy when I got back to work that it never happened).

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 25th, 2013, 09:06 AM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Marjorie- has anything been decided about the budget? Been thinking about you guys.

Both boys have had a stomach bug the last few days. So gross. I am not good with vomit-though thankfully that was reduced to one episode. I am doing laundry like a crazy person.

Can you buy a vat of bleach?

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
January 25th, 2013, 05:27 PM
There has been so many flu bugs going around

Skating test today Teagan did good and passed her 14 step dance !
Off to coffee party tonight then 2 birthday partys tomorrow and deliver Teagans friend she has over tonight home.

I need baby updates from everyone ! How are the twins ? Are they both home ? How are things Ginger ?

January 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, can I join the thread while it's still young?
January 27th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn View Post
Hi ladies, can I join the thread while it's still young?
Yes!! Jump right in - happy to have you want to join us. I'm Ashley, married to Sam and mommy to 16 month old Kynslee.

I think we are finally over the flu!! Not quite 100% yet but TONS better then what we were. We didn't ever end up doing anything yesterday for our 5 year anniversary since we didn't really feel up to it and still weak from flu. But, hopefully tomorrow we will get to have a date night. We are hoping to take maybe take Kynslee to inlaws for the evening and enjoy an evening alone. Not sure yet but I could really use a date night!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search