2014 by 2014 ???

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree46Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupti View Post
Can you buy a vat of bleach?
You crack me up!! I need to by a vat of OxiClean
Countrymom4 likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
January 27th, 2013, 06:09 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A vat of oxi clean is good too. It stinks b/c one of my little men is super sensitive and I have to rinse things that I wash with oxyclean on a second wash- or he breaks out in hives. sigh

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
January 27th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
Yes!! Jump right in - happy to have you want to join us. I'm Ashley, married to Sam and mommy to 16 month old Kynslee.

I think we are finally over the flu!! Not quite 100% yet but TONS better then what we were. We didn't ever end up doing anything yesterday for our 5 year anniversary since we didn't really feel up to it and still weak from flu. But, hopefully tomorrow we will get to have a date night. We are hoping to take maybe take Kynslee to inlaws for the evening and enjoy an evening alone. Not sure yet but I could really use a date night!
5 years! congratulations
I hope you get to celebrate once youre all feeling better.
Its so nice to have family to babysit for special date nights!
January 28th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No fun Heather having to re-wash everything or else your son breaks out.

Thanks Eowyn(sorry, don't know your name). I agree, family is so nice to have around. I'm thankful for the inlaws and what they have been to us! My parents are in TX so it's hard not always having them close to do things with but at least one set of parents is close. And, what grandparents usually don't like to have a grandchild to play with all evening? Actually, this is only our 2nd date night since she's been born and only about 1 1/2 hours max then since she was still bf'd at the time. So, we are hoping tonight is a longer night and possibly walk the mall just the 2 of us or something afterwards. Not sure, but it'll be nice to just have couple time
Countrymom4 likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I'm Emily
Nice to meet you!
My little ones are 3 and 6 and Ive been married 8 years now, and the only times we get dates out alone is when my parents can watch our little ones, but we live a bit of a distance so even though theyre happy to watch them for us it still is pretty rare.

We are planning on moving much closer so maybe dates out will be more frequent, especially if they can come over and 'babysit' in the evening when the kids are in bed so they dont have to keep up with them (they're older so I'm sure its more work to keep track of little ones when youre in your 60's)
But they are really great and my kids just love them so everyone is happy about being able to move closer to them and family. The only thing is that
it means DH will have to have to commute to work everyday, and that will be difficult as times for everyone I know...I am praying that in time he might be able to find work closer to our new location so he doesnt have to have such a long drive everyday!
January 28th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Emily!!

That's nice to be able to move closer to family. Inlaws live about 15-20 mins away so not bad at all. We usually when not sick try and go about once a week to be with them. That's a bummer that your hubby will have a commute but praying that he may possibly find a good job closer to your new location.
January 29th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Date nights are great.....not that we get lots. Maybe one a year, alone now. we used to take the baby(who ever that was).

My Il are 3 hrs away , my parents are 15 mins but are not a helping grandparent.

We have been having a blast in our warm weather and snow !! We have had a couple sled partys, been out snowmobiling and more sledding all day yesterday. Wow are we blessed to have noi school on days like that !

January 29th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How fun to be able to play in the snow! I've never been snowmobiling but sounds fun. I really want to go up to the mountains and have a sled day but it's no fun just DH and I (well, and Kynslee but doesn't really count since we'll be having to watch her all the time). I'm hoping we can get some friends together and all head up there some day.
January 29th, 2013, 06:48 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not a fan of snow at all. Hence why I left upstate NY and got to TX. Funny watching people around here when is snows though (even myself on occasion). Everyone gets giddy and goofy.

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
January 31st, 2013, 09:20 AM
I like the snow ( fun to play in) I don't like the -30c cold that we got.....It is suppost to warm up tomorrow.

January 31st, 2013, 09:37 AM
I have a love snow and hate snow....haha!
I love how pretty it is, especially around christmas time.
I love building snowmen and snow forts with the kids.
We love sledding and snowboarding.
We don't have a chance to snowmobile very often, but it is REALLY fun.

I don't like how wreckless people are driving in winter conditions. >
We're in Wisconsin, yet it seems like everyone forgets how to drive in the snow-EVERY winter! You'd think people would be used to being extra careful on snowy roads!

I guess I was left a bit traumatized after getting into a car accident in the winter years ago- Someone ran a red light in a blizzard and smashed into me!
Ever since then I refuse to drive unless the roads are dry.
February 2nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I'd like the snow if I had to deal with it all the time like a lot of you ladies. We are having very nice Winter weather currently. Yesterday we went to the park and had a picnic lunch and then let Kynslee play. We all had lots of fun! The temp was low 60's and it was nice and sunny out.
February 4th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Only days when the roads suck, or when it blows banks behind the vehicles. I don't like snow I like the snow hate the cold.

Hoping for a good week of school, we have had a hard time getting into it after our December break.

February 4th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with Schooling Chrystal.

Busy busy days for me. We are getting ready to leave for Texas and I have several things to get done before then - especially appointments for Kynslee and myself. Can't wait until Friday when we will be in Texas!! Well, we get in late Thursday night but hopefully can relax from jet lag on Friday.
February 4th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Sounds like fun Ashley !!

School went good, took the girls to the doctor and took in 3 hours of snowmobiling/sledding. The kids wanted to stay till dark so they could night sled...So we did

We gotta pick up the pace if we are going to get 2014 in 11 more months.
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How fun to go night sledding! Kinda makes me wish we had snow closer that we could play in.

Sam (DH) is working an hour late today so I may take Kynslee to the park later. DH works for a school district and they are having a meeting with the local police and sheriff to try and come up with a plan to do a fake "gun man" at a school to see how to react and everything. It's so sad that schools need to even plan things like this. But, it seems shooting are sadly becoming more common and they want to try and be ready if anything should happen. This world is getting more and more crazy and dangerous like the Bible states would happen closer to end times

I also agree that at the rate we are going we won't be able to reach 2014 but hopefully things will maybe pick up and we can at least get closer.
February 7th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
haha, I was just thinking the same about getting to 2014.

I am doing my books today...not bad once you get going, but very overwhelming beforehand.

I leave on my trip in one week, so if I don't get a big dent into the books I'll have a panic attack.
Countrymom4 likes this.
February 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I am so close to finishing our books for last year. It is a job i don't care for

February 8th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck on your book work!

We arrived to Texas safely! Kynslee is teething her bottom set of molars so she was a crab once we finally landed (we had several stop-overs and so it ended up being almost 8 hour trip). She cried and cried all.the.way to my parents house last night and it's over an hour drive. But, she seems much happier today. And, she's taking a nap right now so I'm hoping that she will stay happy once she wakes up as they have Sing practice at parents church today and I can't wait and see all our friends!!
February 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Have a great time Ashley !!

I am getting excited in 2 weeks in our homeschool conference. I have never been to it but really want to see all the programs there are !!

Other than that we are the same old same old. DH and the kids are out snowmobiling / sledding again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search