2014 by 2014 ???

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree46Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a long trip to take with a little one, hope you have a fun time.

Do you have to travel far for the homeschool conference?

It is a VERY exciting day for our church, it's the first Sunday in our new addition (unbelieveable what got done this week) we also have a kids choir join our kids choir. It feels like we're celebrating.
February 10th, 2013, 06:48 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here. Somehow I managed to delete ALL of my bookmarks in Firefox and for whatever reason, I cannot get into prayer partners even though I am showing that i accept cookies. Did the password change or is my firefox just dumb?

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
February 12th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the pw for prayer partners changed in October so not sure if you have that correct password or not.

We have been super busy here. We arrived safely in TX after about 8 hours of flying and layovers. Such a tiring day last Thursday when flying but we have been having a blast and have been SUPER busy.

How is everyone here?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
February 12th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Super Mommy to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupti View Post
I'm here. Somehow I managed to delete ALL of my bookmarks in Firefox and for whatever reason, I cannot get into prayer partners even though I am showing that i accept cookies. Did the password change or is my firefox just dumb?
Message the host and ask for the new password
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
February 14th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i'm leaving for 10 days, going to Holland to see my Oma and some friends and relatives, and hopefully get in a few day trips. The kids are on the bus so the worst part of leaving is over. I had been dreading leaving, but I finally got excited about it yesterday. And the time will fly by, I'll be back in a flash.
February 15th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
That sounds like a great trip ! You have been to Holland before ?

February 15th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh ... I see we do need some help getting to 2014 and I have been lax, so here is my contribution.

I decided a week or so ago that I was going to take the kids pacifiers away from them at bedtime starting tonight. No real magical reason for now other than that we are down to our last two pacifiers in the house (Abigail likes to chew hers) and I said ages ago I wasn't buying more. I picked this weekend, because I have a four day weekend, so if sleeping was rough I would be ok. So far it has gone better than my wildest dreams though. Abigail was looking for hers when we said prayers and kept looking at me saying "pa" (her word for pacifier), but I just said g'night and walked out. She half heartedly fussed for maybe 2 minutes. Noah fussed while I was in the room, but I didn't hear him at all after I left. They were a little more restless than normal over the monitor for the first 15-20 min (I usually hear nothing and I heard some movement), but that was it. Now granted, they have only been asleep for 2 1/2 hours and I am not counting my chickens before tonight is over, but wow. I had geared myself up for a miserable experience going to sleep and almost didn't know what to do with myself tonight when there wasn't one ...
Countrymom4 likes this.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
February 16th, 2013, 06:29 AM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is totally my browser, b/c the password works on the phone. So stupid I have been battling a cold all week and now my sweet Elias has it. He was so congested last night it kept waking him up and making him cry!

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
February 17th, 2013, 05:12 PM
did you get into the prayer partners ?

Hope everyone is doing good !

February 19th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How are the twins sleeping without their pacifiers? still doing good? Kynslee in the last few months has been requiring a pacifier to go to sleep. I try without it occasionally and she just cries and cries. Up until recently she has never really been a pacifier child. I just hope that it's easy to take away from her at bed and nap times in a few months.

We are back from our trip to Texas. Such a wonderful time and great to visit my Church that I grew up in and re-visit all my friends.
#5in2005 and Countrymom4 like this.
February 20th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How is everyone doing today?

Kynslee went down for an early nap so I get a little relaxing time and then am hoping to get caught up on ebay listings from our trip and a little house work.
February 20th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Good to have you back Ashley !!

We are getting ready for our homeschool conference this weekend. It is only 3 hours away but we are staying at a hotel with 4 other homeschool families, so the kids are super excited. I can not wait to go to conferance and learn myself ! Then next weekend we go to the same city for a skating competion for another 3 nights.

Last edited by Countrymom4; February 20th, 2013 at 01:49 PM.
February 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks

Wow, you are going to be busy! But, sounds like lots of fun!

Kynslee is down for a nap and I'm tired. I woke early again this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.

I'm wishing for big chocolate bar, a good book, and then a nap - LOL!! But, I don't need the chocolate so maybe just my book and then possibly a quick snooze myself
February 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Today is more of a slow day. I had to fight Kynslee to take a quick nap. I'm going to wake her in about 40 mins and head to DH's work. Everyone there enjoys seeing Kynslee and I'm packing lunch to eat with DH. Then we have to head up the hill and get our taxes done. I'm hoping we get a decent amount back so we can pay off another small credit card (or at least pay a big chunk off) like we were able to last year.
February 23rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
We are back, had a great time. What is everyone up to ?

February 24th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not much. After church today they had bbq'd chicken and everyone brought side dishes. Soo yummy!! Then DH went fishing with the guys. I'm glad as he doesn't do much fun things with the guys anymore and so even though I wish I could have spent the afternoon with him I'm glad he went. I'm about to wake Kynslee from her nap and go meet DH back at a friends house.
February 25th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am back too I had a super great time, but it's great to be back with my family. I've been to Holland before, I used to live there. It's been 5 years since I've been, it was fun.
February 25th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you have a great time.

We are about to head out to the park for a bit. The whole house took a nap today (including me) so time to go play at the park until dark!!
February 26th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Go to the park just made me laugh...then I remembered you are in Californa We have so much snow our parks are half covered

We are home from the homeschool conference, great time ! Now to get some school done inbetween the skate show practices. Then off to the city again for a 3 night stay for skating competion. Home for a 1 1/2 weeks then back to the city for another 3 night stay for DH's conference This is the same City everytime!!

February 26th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The weather is crazy here but it's nice when I have a toddler that likes to go outside. It's predicted to be in the 70's later this week - wow!! Unusual for this time of year but I'm not complaining. If it was raining I'd be fighting a grumpy little girl saying side, side, peas (outside, outside, please - LOL!).

Skating sounds like so much fun! I like ice skating but haven't been in a long time. The last few times I've went I try and go too fast and do fun moves when first get on the ice and fall down. But I don't want to be the slow one trying to get my balance before taking off. I pay for it later everytime I fall but I still enjoy it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search