2014 by 2014 ???

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree46Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2013, 09:22 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We were at volleyball games tonight too. So proud of my young ones they came and sat and played with the toys we brought.

I also got the last of my potatoes in storage today !!!! Now to fertilize the garden and till.

October 4th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's so nice that they played nice. I'm not going to lie, I'm not sad that my kids are bigger when it comes to that kind of thing.

I totally needed to do that housework yesterday and I just didn't get going. I ended up paying some bills and making a decent meal. That's something.

Volleyball tournament this weekend, but thankfully it's in our hometown so that's so convenient. I am really looking forward to a few days at home next week though, and I'm really looking forward to thanksgiving long weekend, 4 days at home sounds great!
October 4th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm way behind on house work thanks to my cold that turned into the flu, complete with low grade fever, chills, coughing, and aches. I'm feeling a little better and may do a load of dishes in a little bit.

Other than that, I plan on staying home and relaxing this weekend so I can finally beat this nasty bug. We were going to go visit my parents, but since I got sick, i just haven't been up to it. I'm hoping we can go next weekend.

I used to love volleyball, both watching and playing. I haven't played since high school so it's been a while lol. Have fun at your tournaments!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you feel all better soon.

We got our family pics done today. We had a lady come out to our farm so it's got our horses and longhorns in the back. We've had a few pictures taken when the oppertunity was there (sisters wedding etc) but we haven't actually done them since my youngest was 1. She's almost 8 now. And we really wanted them done here, so hopefully we got some good pics.

I really didn't get a whole lot done today with volleyball and the pictures, but I got the kids helping me for 20 minutes tonight (mostly because I didn't feel like cleaning up all night) and it's amazing what 6 of us can do in 20 minutes. The whole house is in an acceptable state.
Countrymom4 likes this.
October 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM
ooooooh share pic

We had my sister inlaws baby shower today, she got so many cute things

October 7th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will share a pic when I get them. I can't wait, but will have to, she did 8 families this past weekend.

I am home today. For real. Just taking a little computer time and then I'm going to attack my bathrooms. Love the blue sky and fall colors outside.
Countrymom4 likes this.
October 7th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I am going to have to start cooking again I have been so slack it is crazy!! So tomorrow I will be making homemade soups and granola bars.

October 8th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What have you been eating? Lately, with so many activities after school I've been better about decent meals, it's been forcing me to plan ahead a little so it's been a good thing. And when I don't get anything accomplished because of all the running around I can tell myself that at least I've made a decent meal.

I should have done this years sooner, but I am having my oldest cook once a week. She doesn't like it but she will thank me one day
October 8th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Teagan would cook dinner...grilled cheese, or a sandwich of some sort, mac and cheese.

Yes with more activities I have had to plan more and make real meals.

October 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey, dinner is dinner!

I am at my bookkeeping again. Finished April. This is an accomplishment, because a month normally takes me about an hour to put in. this one? SIX!! Now I'm back at it, but I already can't find the receipt for a deposit I made the firs of May.

I am cleaning my holiday trailer later. My mom is coming to help me, mostly because we visit while we clean, and it's such a boring job on my own.
October 9th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I love chatting with you Linda ,but kind of wishing someone would join us

I have to start books for the business and farm I have not does any for this year !!!! I have been keeping my fathers grain elevator books up and just have not found time with no kids to interrupt.

Do you enter in on a computer program ?

October 11th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know exactly what you mean. We will keep "talking" and keep telling others to just jump in. They will sooner or later.

I use Sage 50 Pro. Its what I've always used so Im used to it. Im getting a boatload of GST back so thats nice.

Its thanksgiving, so we have a 4 day weekend, YAY. Time to enlist the troups and get some stuff done outside. Its also the first time in ages that we dont seem to be running all over the place, and we're all really ready for some home time.
October 12th, 2013, 02:10 PM
we have my IL here for Thanks Giving. My parents are in Arizona and my brother/sister are busy.

Did some more canning (so done with this). I have the apples now done!!! But I still have tomatoes

October 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy Thanksgiving.

We did the family dinner thing yesterday, so today we went to church and now the girls want me to take them to the riding arena in town. I said sure, if you help me get the house cleaned up. And so my house is tidy and we're going in a while.
Countrymom4 likes this.
October 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM
My middle two kids when with the IL for a sleepover . So DD#1 and I went Geochaching.

October 14th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's not yet Thanks Giving here in the states, but this weekend, we stayed busy getting the house back in order. DD and I are finally over this danged cold and completely well. Being sick while pregnant is much worse than being sick while not pregnant because pregnant mommas can't take much of anything. Just to avoid going through that for a third time, i might become a germaphobe for the remainder of my pregnancy lol.

I'd love to garden, but my thumb is so black. About the only thing I don't kill are succulents lol. I have been wanting to do a doomsday prepper type garden with some of everything if I can figure out how to keep things alive lol. Home grown stuff tastes so much better! We seem to have a good climate for farming and gardening out here, when we're not in a drought, if all the commercial and private farms and orchards out here are anything to go by.

I can't wait until Lily and this baby are old enough to help out around the house. That would be great. We have a small house, but cleaning up still isn't easy.
Countrymom4 likes this.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 15th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Help around the house is always great !!

So today was my day to get books done up I went into the elevator today and got my bank rec done to August ok so not done

I seen a great stew that was cooked in a pumpkin, It looked great, I will have to try it.

October 17th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Way to go on the books. I have every intention of getting my GST for the third quarter filed on time.

Stew in a pumpkin sounds cool.

It's just a good thing for everyone when I get to spend a day or 2 at home during the week and stay caught up. Today is that day for bathrooms and everything. We have a potluck tonight from our Gymkhana club. I am parent helping tomorrow, but have to sneak away to my oldest school, apparently she is getting an award. I don't think she knows, and I haven't told her I was going because she'd try to talk my out of it I am proud of her, she has gotten some very good grades, but she has to work hard for them.
October 17th, 2013, 09:06 AM
What is the award for ?

This fall has been crazy around here, just running everyday it seems. DH and our hired hands are working off the farm in the semi's right now, that means me everyday all day with the kiddos I could use a day off.

Today is no different, school early dinner, friends coming (taking their kids our of public school to come on a homeschool tour) to go to the Hutterite colony. Some Geo caching along the way to volleyball games 2 hours away . So a full day 4 kids plus a friend and her two kids( the kids will all play together and my dd and her dd play volleyball.

October 22nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A few of my kids have gone on a field trip to a hutterite colony...I've missed out everytime.

I know what you mean about not seeing your dh. But hurray, we finished combining yesterday! Isn't there snow out your way.

My oldest got some scholarship money for having an above 80% average, $400. If she manages to do it again, she will get $800 next year.

Just to prove miracles do happen: I washed all my windows last weekend.
Countrymom4 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search