2 worlds colliding tomorrow at my 30th birthday...asking for some prayers

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 09:00 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As you ladies know DH is Jewish, though an athiest..lol, and his parents are MORE JEWISH..yet, lol..don't really believe in that stuff either. Well, tomorrow my husband and parents are throwing me a 30th birthday party. DH has always asked me not to be OPEN ABOUT MY FAITH with his parents for a while because of how they are and wanting to avoid unecessary conflict. He is convinced they didn't apprive of his ex-wife because she was Christian. They have confided in me that although they would have preferred her to be Jewish, she was not a nice person which is why they didn't like her. (not so sure of this) There have been numerous things that have happened since including their seeing my pics of my girls at my parents at Chrsitmas and calling it "devestating and embarassing." My mom is my birth, Jewish and I think at first presented herself more Jewish to them until there was this feud before the wedding in which she let all her true colors show; some being very Christian habbits. (minus the true faith) I have agreed because I'm worried that anything more stressful on him in relation to my faith will cause him to rebel even more. However, I am having my BFF....the wonderful friend who witnessed to me, her entire family, including her father who is a pastor, come tomorrow. I don't ever want to dis' the LORD or not honor him but I'm scared that my inlaws will come in contact with them, find everything out, and there will be a crazy war!!!

I know my in laws would be wrong for caring and yet I so am not ready to take on the drama with everything already causing conflict.

I'm so happy my pastor from afar and my bff and family are coming but I'm scared something will be said, my in laws will find out, and all you know what will break out! I'm tryusting in the LORD, or trying to, but can't help but worry something will happen that will cause me to want to run and hide. I have to live with these people for the rest of my life and being a people pleaser, I worry about being in conflict or feeling uncomfortable; despite having CHRIST on my side. Shame on me I know.

So, if you wonderful ladies could pray for a peaceful and separate worlds night that would be so helpful! Hope you are well...xoxoxo always!!
January 12th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Praying for a good time for you Erica !

January 12th, 2013, 11:50 AM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for a peaceful and joyful celebration

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
January 12th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
*hugs*

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

January 12th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS Erica!! Hang in there mama and no matter what - have fun and enjoy your time! And, happy birthday!!!
January 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Super Mommy to be
just seeing this but praying all went well, and will say a pray now just in case the party is still ongoing. It is tonight right?

Let us know how it went.

In prayer for you
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
January 13th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been thinking about you and praying for you! How did everything go? This is your birthday and what a terrible thing if it didn't go good. Hugs, mamma!

January 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Super Mommy
Just now seeing this post but I just wanted to say HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!! I hope your party went well.
~Mother of Miracles

January 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Super Mommy to be
How did the party go??
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search