Have Any of You Read These Books

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 07:33 AM
thepburn's Avatar Veteran
I have found a really great website, www.reviveourhearts.com, that allows you to listen/read radio broadcasts on a wide range of topics. They have had some really great one. I've mostly been listening to the one dealing with marriage, being a woman of God and motherhood. There were a lot of books that were mentioned and I just wanted to see if any of you have read any of them.

For Women Only

Let Me Be A Woman

How To Get Your Husband To Talk To You

The Politically Incorrect Wife

Power of a Praying Wife

Liberated Through Submission

The Master's Degree: Majoring in Your Marriage

Are any of them worth purchasing or getting at the Library?

Thank you,
Turkessa
July 26th, 2006, 08:51 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I have read power of a praying wife.
I am a firm believer is using the library and not buying books.
I suggest going to the library and checking out all of the books!

July 26th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I have also read Power of A Praying wife.
I like the library too, but I know that in some places these type of books aren't available at the local library, like where I live. There is NO WAY I could find Christian non fiction there, and there selection of Christian fiction is slim.
Anyways, POAPW was very good, I would reccomend buying it if you can't get it at the library!

July 26th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
Quote:
I have also read Power of A Praying wife.
I like the library too, but I know that in some places these type of books aren't available at the local library, like where I live. There is NO WAY I could find Christian non fiction there, and there selection of Christian fiction is slim.
Anyways, POAPW was very good, I would reccomend buying it if you can't get it at the library![/b]
rusha, does your library have a website?
My local library doesn't have a big selection on non fiction and fiction Christian books. I go online and place books on hold from all over my state. That is the only way I have been reading all of these books lately.

hey, have you finished up the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury yet?

July 31st, 2006, 06:47 PM
Veteran
I've also read Power of a Praying Wife.
We're very fortunate here that our libraries have a wonderful selection of Chrisitan ficton, I don't have a lot of time to read and that's all I read when I do have the time. I LOVED the Redemption series, I just saw the new one of the Firstborn series is out and I can't wait to read it. I also love Francine Rivers, I jsut finished her Mark of the Lion Series, it was amazing, I definately recommend it!!!

August 1st, 2006, 10:12 AM
Quote:
I've also read Power of a Praying Wife.
We're very fortunate here that our libraries have a wonderful selection of Chrisitan ficton, I don't have a lot of time to read and that's all I read when I do have the time. I LOVED the Redemption series, I just saw the new one of the Firstborn series is out and I can't wait to read it. I also love Francine Rivers, I jsut finished her Mark of the Lion Series, it was amazing, I definately recommend it!!![/b]

I have read the first 2 of the "first born series".. I am #72 at the library for the new one . Most of the Ohio libraries have not gotten in it yet, but hopefully in the next month I will be reading this....

August 3rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
The Power of a Praying Wife I personally loved and would totally say to spend the money to put it into your library at home. That way you can work through it at your pace, write in it or highlight in it, and you can revisit it when ever you would like. I know I try to pick it up several times through out the year, or if I am feeling particularily not like praying for my hubby.....I pick it back up again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search