I know this is played out..................

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mamaginger

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I watched a sermon on TV today and the pastor mentioned Mark 10:21 and how CHRIST used this as a picture to show this man that his treasures and GOD resided in his posession and not him; CHRIST...and that the way to eternal life or to be saved was to give his entire self to him and follow him. The man did not like this answer (as you know) and did not do it.

I try to be honest with myself and GOD so that I can truly grow. We all have desires and besetting sins. My greatest desires and treasures lie in having children not money, or riches, or status. At times, I do think this consumes me because of how bad I want it. I try to refocus and give it to GOD, but my feelings are always there. Does this mean I have not given up my posessions to CHRIST? If we still possess sinful feelings (such as my desire for more culdren) does this mean we haven't truly put our trust in him? I am not doing anything biblicly wrong to make this happen or doing or not doing anything (just have the feelings) but simply have the desire on my heart. I trust GOD and his will and know what he wants will be but I can't change this strong desire. I can't change my feelings. I can only choose to NOT do anything biblicly wrong and to keep studying my faith, practicing in trusting him, and continue to try to push and squash this desire down.

Sorry...having a tough day....

Is this false guilt......?

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
January 27th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Wish I knew!

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

January 27th, 2013, 06:18 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not entirely sure how to answer this, but I will give mho (which may be wrong, so take it as you will)

We are human, and as such prone to sin and sinful thoughts-trusting God is giving him our sins and asking Him for forgiveness and trusting that He will fill you and help you fight them. We can't fight sin without God, and some of our sins (that have been habits or are strong thoughts may take a great deal of God work!)

God, I am willing to do anything you ask except:___________________ (fill in the blank)

Whatever that thing is, ask God to help you trust Him with it, and keep praying on it.

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
January 28th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree...if you find the thoughts all consuming ask for Gods help in getting through it. Like for me....if I find myself even for a moment thinking about material things....or like a bigger house, whatever....I recognize it right away and started praying that God will help me to be content with what I have and to the let the Holy Spirit work through me instead. The wonderful thing about being a Christian is the awareness we get when we are in the face of sin so that we don't be consumed by it and instead turn to God right away....where some people don't notice until the damage has been done. I am not too sure how to answer your question either Erica...because really having a bigger family is a different kind of want and believe me I'm there with you. Just keep your trust in God like you are doing!!

January 28th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Remember - no one is perfect and everyone is a sinner! If you are having struggles and thoughts it's not because your lack of faith or because you're not a strong enough Christian..... but that we are sinners and just have to trust in God. I'm sure every one of us has thoughts, questions, and wants that we want God to fulfill but trusting in Him and not letting those desires consume us and know that if it's His will He will bring it to pass but only in His time. It's sometimes hard to trust but we have to Let go and Let God.

I'm not sure either about the answer to your question but remember - God gave us feelings and it's not wrong to have feelings, especially when the involve blessings like children. But, I think the thing is to also remember that put those feelings into Christ and not let them consume you and let them block your walk with the Lord. I think that would be what the pastor may be trying to get through? To give your feelings/burdens, ect...ALL to the Lord and not with-hold anything from Christ and not let your feelings be blinded by Christ. If that makes sense?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
January 31st, 2013, 01:12 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's not sinful at all to desire more children. God commanded us to be fruitful and multiply. However, we aren't suppose to put anything before God...even our children. This is a hard one for any mother. God gave us the strong, unconditional love and sense of protectiveness so all of that is normal. If you do/say/think/feel something wrong, the Holy Spirit will convict your heart. You will realize you are wrong and change it/make it right immediately. If you feel obsessively guilty and accused about something then it's not the HS...it's the enemy accusing you and you get to ignore him.
jeweluv likes this.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Last edited by mamaginger; February 2nd, 2013 at 08:22 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search