Update and Pics!

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mollie is almost 4 weeks old now. We are finally starting to settle down into a routine and getting back to normal life (well...the new normal). She is doing great. She's not the BEST sleeper but she's definitely not the worst! Some nights I feel like I'm up all night and others we're up a couple times for normal feeding. She doesn't really full-on CRY very much but sometimes she's just kind of fussy/whiney and not content. She seems to have a lot of gas and at least some degree of reflux. I just thought yesterday...wow...she hasn't spit up in a few days, maybe she's outgrown it....then this morning she spit up A LOT while she was still nursing!! She has hiccups like crazy all the time. None of it is bad enough to make me feel like she needs medication or anything. I'm hoping over time it will just get better and better.

I finally started driving about 2 weeks ago (it had been since December 10th!) so we've pretty much been every where....grocery store, walmart, target, church, homeschool group, etc. She sleeps soundly whenever we're out and about. I was the most worried about returning to church but actually people haven't been that bad.

People tell me I look good but I'm starting to feel bad about my post preggo body. Maternity doesn't fit and neither do my old clothes. It's a crappy in-between stage. It doesn't really bother me when I'm home but when I have to "get dressed" to go somewhere I realize I have NOTHING and I don't know what to wear. I'm hoping this too will get better with time but my rapid weight loss has stopped so I'm scared this is it. I've got this 10-12 extra pounds for good.

Its definitely hard trying to homeschool, breastfeed and take care of my house....and forget cooking. I haven't even attempted that yet. *sigh* I try to just tell myself it'll get better with time. I made brownies today! That's a start! haha But...she'll never be a newborn again and unless I have a surprise, I won't ever have a newborn again at all so I'm trying to cherish this time!

Ok...so much for the "quick" update! Here's some pics!

Here's one in the hospital right after she was born:

Mollie and big brother, Denton:

My family:

My little sweet girl!

Bath time!

Here's a link to my birth story:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...birth-day.html (Mollie Mae's Birth Day!)

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Last edited by mamaginger; February 3rd, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
February 3rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful family you have Ginger!! Congrats on Mollie and glad that overall you seem to have a good birth. She is adorable!!!! And, glad that you are able to drive and get out and about again. So happy for you and your newest little bundle
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
February 3rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Thanks for the pictures , The birth sounded a little rough, but a great out come ! She is beautiful !!

Thank You tasha_mae

February 4th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful pictures! Glad mommy and baby are doing well. Don't stress too much about that last 10-12 lbs. It will be much easier to think about getting it off when you are getting more sleep consistently and have energy to get out and walk with the kids. As you said, right now it is enough just to keep kids fed, house at least straightened up (clean is not required at 4 weeks either), and if you are schooling on top of that you are doing great!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
February 4th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mollie is so cute!! I'm sorry you had such a rough time....so glad everything turned out good though.

February 4th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You have a beautiful family, and sounds like things are going just fine...just the normal chaos with a newborn

I could never really lose weight after babies, I eat when I'm tired, so it never really happened until much later. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search