Are you ahshamed?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2006, 09:45 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I am sitting here listening to a program on the local christian radio station. Not sure who is speaking, but I am busy doing other things, so I am only half listening ...ok it is Walk in the Word.
Anyways, I am busy so I am only half listening and then all of a sudden I hear the guy say

I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST!

It made me think.

Sometimes, I don't act Christian. So much so that other people don't even know I am.

Am I ashamed?

Are you?

July 31st, 2006, 11:44 AM
Natalies_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This happens to me too at times. This past week, while I was 'exploring' other churches, and went with a friend to her Presbyterian church (we're Lutheran) the sermon was on "Watching your tongue". And, how so often times we are apt to gossip, talk about other people, say and do things against God, in ways that we don't even ACT like we're Christian. Are we proud of ourselves? That made me think.... I so many times am quick to judge someone else, act non-Christlike, say and do things that I shouldn't. I'm no ashamed of God, so why do I act this way? I should be acting in his image and doing and saying things as if he were at my side, visably, for the world to see.

</div>
July 31st, 2006, 05:32 PM
Veteran
I do too, I was actually thinking about that this afternoon. A friend of mine and I are both participating in a (non Christian) parenting class together and i was thinking how last week she was saying some things about how she feels about her kids being an answer from God and that anyone to listen to her would know she's a Christian and how even though i am too, most of the people in the class wouldn't know it from that one time meeting the way they would about my friend. It's not that I'm ashamed, I guess I'm just not as open about it when I'm speaking to people, but I should be, people should be able to know that I am just from meeting me!

August 4th, 2006, 08:21 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not ashamed at all!

But I don't "spread the gospel" like I should or "witness" as much as I think I need to.

I'm not a very outgoing person so it's hard for me to just tell people about my beliefs and about God.

Also I understand that when witnessing to someone, and they don't want to hear it, I know they are not rejecting me, they are rejecting Christ. But I take things WAY too personal, and usually get my feelings hurt if people are rude about it.

So I guess because of my own personal issues, I am far from the person God is molding me into.

<div align="center"></div>
August 4th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Quote:
I'm not ashamed at all!

But I don't "spread the gospel" like I should or "witness" as much as I think I need to.

I'm not a very outgoing person so it's hard for me to just tell people about my beliefs and about God.

Also I understand that when witnessing to someone, and they don't want to hear it, I know they are not rejecting me, they are rejecting Christ. But I take things WAY too personal, and usually get my feelings hurt if people are rude about it.

So I guess because of my own personal issues, I am far from the person God is molding me into.[/b]

I know exactly what you mean. These words could have come straight from me!

I have a friend, Sam, who is a huge evangelical. He is very bold with his faith and beliefs to the point where he will stand downtown on the street with all the bars with a huge whiteboard and preach to all the bar goers. He will also tell people outright that they are going to hell and it really turns people off. I don't know, I just feel like this is not the way to witness all the time. I am the type of person who would rather witness through my life choices and the things that I do - a silent witness. The other way, like Sam's style...just isn't me! Although he has helped to win many souls.

August 4th, 2006, 07:17 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I am not ashamed but not really good about sharing the gospel... I am getting better but I am still timid around unsaved loved ones

August 4th, 2006, 08:59 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't say I am ahshamed - I don't hide my beliefs, but I am not a bold preacher either. I too am more comfortable trying to be a silent witness - through my actions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search