Back to Teaching Children the Bible.

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Today is the first day of school, and with it, I am starting our daily study together.

I found a Children's Bible Study on John. Its really just a reading break down that takes like 40 days or so to complete. Its made for 3rd grade to I don't remember what grade, but I think Will would be able to read it out loud with some help.

So My plan is for him to have a little free play either outside or in his room after school. Followed by Bible Study at 4. We'll pray together, and he will do the reading for John for the day. We will talk about words/concepts he may not know. And when he is done I will ask a few comprehension questions. Then I will pick a verse for him to write out. I will also pick 1 memory verse a week. (From something already read and probably a verse he started to write out) Then he will listen to the Keys devotion on the computer. I am hoping this takes no more than 30 minutes.

What do you think?

What are your routines like?

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

August 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm new here, but I hope I can jump in!

I just read the Bible over breakfast. We started in Genesis reading one chapter of Old Testament and one section of New Testament a day (or most days, anyway). I did the Gospels first: Luke, John, Matthew, Mark. Now we're on Acts and I'll go straight through from there. We're in Judges at the moment in the Old Testament. On good days I throw in a chapter of Proverbs and I just started in Psalms. Those two probably get two or three days a week though, if we're very lucky.

The idea with all of that is to introduce them to the whole Bible. Then hopefully as they hear about things at church, or I refer to things at home, there will be something in their mind already to build on. We used to do Scripture memory and character qualities after breakfast, but haven't for several months. We homeschool, though, for what it's worth. If misbehavior slows down our reading, it doesn't wreck the day. Our afternoons would be harder to manage.

I sometimes toy with doing a Bible study. I have a couple for their age group; I just haven't done anything with them yet. But my youngest is 3, so maybe in a year or two it would be a good time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search