Come one, Come ALL !!!!

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Orangebrittainy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
And tell me about your summer
Too long, Too hot.....

Thank You tasha_mae

September 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My summer was less than fantastic. The high light was finding out the gender of this baby is a boy. DH's great grandmother passed away over the summer and for a few weeks there, things were hard. We are ok now though. We miss her. A lot. I've also just been kind of boxed in and lonely. People i know from church are too busy to hang out. In a town like this, there isn't a lot to do unless you know people. Since the school year started and with that, week day bible studies and MOPs (moms of preschoolers play group) begins as well. I finally feel like I can really recharge my engines.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

September 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Boxed in and lonely. Yes. Except, we were out and about a lot. I don't actually enjoy that. And most of our social engagements were with acquaintances that I don't feel "safe" with yet. I can spill my guts on the internet to 100 strangers, but not, apparently, someone right in front of me that I don't know very well. And there was a lot of need to spill my guts this summer. It has mounted. Anyway, running around also interferes with the lifestyle I'm trying desperately to live and instill in my kids and it was tough to keep up with my house and constructive free time for the kids as well as a few days of homeschool attendance to record before our 12 months ran out.

Because of all the rain, my garden was eaten by crabgrass. We did go visit relatives I haven't seen in six years; that was nice and although three kids and myself in a sedan might sound nightmarish, they were awesome! I guess that was our highlight. I'm enjoying the return of the world to school, too. I do need some mommy-to-mommy time, but playdates aren't really going to help that. They fill something, but not what's really needed.
September 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the less than wonderful summers

I can't lie, my summer was fantastic. We were able to go on a big trip (something I've dreamt of doing for years with my family) and went to northern CA and worked our way up the Oregon Coast and then spent a few days with dh's brother and family. We managed to do a few other camping trips too. It's definetly one for the books, I don't think we'll be able to manage a summer like this ever again, especially with the kids getting bigger and jobs etc so I'm really thankful we were able to do this.
September 17th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I must say my summer has been GREAT !!!

The girls and I went on a trip to Europe. My garden is awesome and full. We were not super busy but just really had a fun time !

Thank You tasha_mae

September 18th, 2013, 08:15 AM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
This summer, actually, wasn't too bad. We had some cooler weather and a little rain, which is very odd for this time of year. Texas is in a severe drought, so we are thankful for every drop!

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

September 21st, 2013, 08:57 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I feel bad we really didn't get to do anything this summer. My pregnancy is very high risk and all of our money went to the doc's appts that were 2 hours away and my really expensive medicine.
Countrymom4 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search