Totally confused...

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2006, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am totally confused. Over the past few years, I have felt that God was leading me in a certain direction--to lead a class about financial management. We moved to a new area last year and got involved in a nice bigger church and I thought that the time was almost right. Then I got pregnant (several times) and miscarried (several times) so the time didn't seem right just then. But after my last miscarriage, I was convinced the time was FINALLY right. So I talked to my pastor, and he agreed to help get everything rolling. I even got DH on board with me and we were going to lead it together. But today, the church secretary called me and said that my class was cancelled. I don't get it--I finally get my stuff together to do this, and it gets shot down right in front of me. I'm sure God is trying to teach me something, but I don't know what.

I guess I'm just trying to find meaning in all the random disappointments of this past year, but I really don't know what to think.

August 1st, 2006, 12:50 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I know the frustration and disappointment when you feel like you are doing EXACTLY what God would have you do, and then all of the doors seem to just get slammed in your face.

That happened to my family the beginning of the year. My husband was doing what God called him to do, and things were going good. Then BAM, everything changed. It was hard not to question God, and His purposes for what was going on. And just believe that He would carry us through. But in the end, God's way was made clear, and there was a reason for Him asking my DH to do this thing (put his name in as candidate for our church). Although in the end, for many different reasons, we left our church of 11 years and started a new church. It wasn't what we thought God had in mind, but the peace that we have now couldn't come from anyone other than my Lord. And the Lord has given me a desire to serve Him more than I ever thought possible. I was just happy sitting on the pew when the doors were open. But now I want to work for Him.

Just keep following Christ, and doind what He tells you to do. He might want you to do this class, but Our time is not His time.

"In His time. In His time. He makes all things beautiful, In His time. Lord please show me everyday, as You're teaching me Your way. That You do just what You say. In Your time."

"In Your time. In Your time. You make all things beautiful in your time. Lord my life to You I bring, may each song I have to sing. Be to You a lovely thing. In Your time."

<div align="center"></div>
August 1st, 2006, 01:35 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just because it happened doesnt always mean god did it- i just know the running interference of satan is always alive and present, and isnt he just the lovely author of confusion! looks like a possible answer

August 1st, 2006, 04:46 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did the church sec. say why it was cancelled???? I agree tha tthis could be God changing your direction, or Satan trying to keep you from doing God's work. If you didn't get a reason, I would call first thing tomorrow and get one, then discuss possible options ((((hugs))))

</div>
August 1st, 2006, 05:13 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
(((HUGS))))
the other ladies have given some good advice

August 1st, 2006, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much for the support--I like to have everything all predictable and laid out, and this year, with the miscarriages and this class and a bunch of other things that came out of nowhere has been pretty rough for me.

The church secretary mentioned that the "budget committee" didn't like my idea. I guess they thought the church was going to have to pay for the class, but the participants in the class were actually going to buy their own materials and DH and I were going to pay for or try to raise money for anything else that we needed to buy. I also think it might be because our church has a lot of older members--probably the budget committee is all older members. We were talking to one older man on Sunday about the class, and he said "Well, I don't need a class on managing money. I'm old and already made all my mistakes." So that kind of attitude may have been a part of it too. I will find out the whole story from the pastor one day, but he's out of town right now.

I hope it was God trying to change my direction, or teach me patience and perseverance, or something. It would be really sad if Satan has a say on our church budget committee, but I guess anything's possible!

August 2nd, 2006, 03:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry this happened, and I think we have all been there, wondering why something good did not take off.

That's why it's called faith, trusting and believing God's will, even when it doesn't make any sense to us.

I hope your class takes off at a later time.
August 2nd, 2006, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Thanks so much for the support--I like to have everything all predictable and laid out, and this year, with the miscarriages and this class and a bunch of other things that came out of nowhere has been pretty rough for me.

The church secretary mentioned that the "budget committee" didn't like my idea. I guess they thought the church was going to have to pay for the class, but the participants in the class were actually going to buy their own materials and DH and I were going to pay for or try to raise money for anything else that we needed to buy. I also think it might be because our church has a lot of older members--probably the budget committee is all older members. We were talking to one older man on Sunday about the class, and he said "Well, I don't need a class on managing money. I'm old and already made all my mistakes." So that kind of attitude may have been a part of it too. I will find out the whole story from the pastor one day, but he's out of town right now.

I hope it was God trying to change my direction, or teach me patience and perseverance, or something. It would be really sad if Satan has a say on our church budget committee, but I guess anything's possible![/b]

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))) I understand your frustration. I used to be that person who needed everything laid out before me before I made a decision; all my ducks in a row. We too suffered a "miscarriage" (it was late, and hate that it's still called that), then after that we had a preemie, which I couldn't be more thankful for, but i has certainly brought us a lot of challenges; some life long. Just when I thought I could handle all of THOSE issues, said daughter was daignosed with mass on her spine just 1 day before we were to up and move to VA (where I had never been before!). You know what though, God has taken care of us, and provided for us. I used to (and still do some) have a lot of fear when I wasn't in control (aLOT of fear), then I realized that I needed to take a spet in faith knowing that God is in control (Satan is never in control of us!), and relying on him completely is all I need to do. I'm sorry there has been an obstacle in this; but perhaps the timing isn't quite God's yet. I'm praying for you.

</div>
August 2nd, 2006, 07:10 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
You know, I could really benefit from your class? Wanna teach it here? Hehe, just kidding.

I agree with much of what the other wonderful ladies here have said. Sometimes we don't know why God closes doors, or why He allows things like miscarriages to happen. There are so many disapointments in life.

Trusting in God through our disappointments is really hard - because we always wonder WHY God allowed these things to happen in our lives. But God doesn't have to answer us. Everything will be revealed in His time. His time really is perfect, even though we may think it isn't!!

I really hope and pray that your class will take off soon. Maybe not at this church, but somewhere else. Perhaps you should see if you can host your class at the church but make it open to the public? There are a lot of people out there suffering through bad finances, and I know they could use the help. Just a thought.

Anyways, I will be praying for you. Trust God! He knows best! xoxoxoxo

August 2nd, 2006, 09:56 AM
Quote:
You know, I could really benefit from your class? Wanna teach it here? Hehe, just kidding.

I agree with much of what the other wonderful ladies here have said. Sometimes we don't know why God closes doors, or why He allows things like miscarriages to happen. There are so many disapointments in life.

Trusting in God through our disappointments is really hard - because we always wonder WHY God allowed these things to happen in our lives. But God doesn't have to answer us. Everything will be revealed in His time. His time really is perfect, even though we may think it isn't!!

I really hope and pray that your class will take off soon. Maybe not at this church, but somewhere else. Perhaps you should see if you can host your class at the church but make it open to the public? There are a lot of people out there suffering through bad finances, and I know they could use the help. Just a thought.

Anyways, I will be praying for you. Trust God! He knows best! xoxoxoxo[/b]

Reading this reminded me of something I often tell my 6 year old daughter, who complains about things that are unfair- or things that just aren't going her way: "This isn't heaven". If the world we live in were like heaven; getting everything we want, no poverty, or hate, and everything being perfect- what would we need God for? Someday, we will get to be WITH Him in a perfect place, but for now, we have to be flexible and deal with the world and it's sin & imperfection. Not sure if it helps, but it sure makes me feel better getting through our daily struggles.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search