Can I get your help here???

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
ladybgg
I have been trying to witness to my in-laws. They are atheist. I am trying to think of a starting point. Where do I start with my witnessing? They don't believe anything!

I am also trying to research and study different religions, to prepare myself. I want to be prepared when I am witnessing. If anyone has any links/ resources for me to read up on, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks!
August 2nd, 2006, 11:20 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

We learned this in a Witnessing class at our church. They use the Ten Commandments. I hope this will be helpful.

Just skip the intro and then click on the number 1 box....it's really good. And you can use this with anyone!

<div align="center"></div>
August 2nd, 2006, 04:54 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
the way of the master is a good tool.
what about using the Roman's Road?
I would also suggest going to your local Christian bookstore or looking online. You could find some excellent witnessing tools that are not do not cost alot of money
((HUGS))

August 3rd, 2006, 05:10 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I have nothing to add. I know that this is going to be a long hard road. I am a grief counsellor and once I had to counsel an athiest couple who lost their 4 year old daughter to cancer. I was so depressed at the end of it because we just kept butting heads and I wasn't helping them. xoxox Try what these others ladies have suggested I will be praying for you.

August 3rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
You know, I think that the best way to witness to them is to show them your faith through every aspect of your life. You can preach to them, teach them, and so forth, but they will not come to a decision until the Spirit leads them to do so.

If you study Luke 10, Jesus talks about the importance of establishing a relationship with someone and then going from there. I know of many people who will go out and hand out tracts and so forth, but according to Luke 10 we are to set up a relationship, speak peace upon them, pray for them etc....show them why they HAVE to have the faith you do.

Show them your first love, show them that Chrisitianity is not a set of rules, and it is certainly not a religion, it is a relationship with the living Christ who takes them where they are dirty torn down, weak and unable to do it on their own. Often times, if you go about this without the Lord's prompting, the door will be closed.....just speaking from personal experiance.

Pray about it and ask the Lord to open the doors for you, and constantly pray for the people you are witnessing to, because there will be a barage of attacks on thiers and your lives as you lead them in the direction of salvation. Satan will fight for them tooth and nail.

August 6th, 2006, 01:52 PM
ladybgg
Thank you ladies. All of your words are a huge help! We have been establishing a relationship for several years now. We will see where the Lord has us go next...
August 6th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all, I love your picture of your babies! They are beautiful.

I am not good at the witness thing. Most of my friends are very liberal and athiest. I try to talk to them w/out sounding preachy or anything, and I can tell they don't want to hear it. I agree with praying for them and reaching out to them in other ways.
I just finished a study guide from our church on the book of John that I loved. I just don't know how you can get through that book and not believe that Jesus Christ is anything but our Lord and Saviour.

God bless you with your mission. I hope this helps.
<div align="center"></div>
August 7th, 2006, 11:24 AM
ladybgg
Quote:
First of all, I love your picture of your babies! They are beautiful.[/b]

Thank you...
August 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM
GirLStaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to GirLStaR
I just wanted to say good luck. I know some atehists and I think its almost impossible to convince them that God exists. They usually want scientific proof for everything and since theres no scientific way to proove that God exists, they don't believe it. My experience is anything you say they ask "how do you know it was God?" "how can you prove it was God?" "with all the scientific evidence i'm giving you, you still choose to believe in God?" and stuff like that. I gave up. I hope you have better luck than me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search