2014 Chat

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love to have chickens some day. Fresh eggs are so so so good.

I got some cleaning done over the last couple days thanks to a very helpful hubby. I'm going to do more today. I got good sleep last night and feel reasonably rested. Let's just hope my back and hips hold out so I can get the last bit done.

DD has been sneezy all day yesterday and today and has a runny nose. Not feeling great, the poor kid. I'm crossing my fingers this is only allergies. I really don't want to deliver sick.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

January 30th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope she feels better!

I am so excited....I am going to have 2 cambodian kids and their chaperone stay her tomorrow night. They are touring doing traditional cambodian dances. I get to have another guest, this totally awesome older lady who at 70ish decided that she would start orphanages in Cambodia. It's set up really well, the "house mothers" are widowed ladies that would otherwise be homeless. I'm honored to have her be a guest in my house, she is so amazing at 83.

Better keep cleaning...........
ZaydensMomma and Countrymom4 like this.
January 30th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
That is exciting !!! Tell us how it went

I draw the line at chickens....I hate birds, But love fresh eggs. So luck for me my friend has some. I just picked up 4 dozen today at skating.

February 5th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I have been trying for ever to make homemade bread that was not like a brick. Today I finally made one that is not bad....still a bit heavy but much better !! Yay Yay doing a dance. This has been one thing I would love to be able to make. I can make great buns, even mastered lactose free butter
SkyBaby likes this.

February 5th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't bake anything truly made from scratch worth beans. I'm only ok with the pilsbury stuff lol. I love food and cooking though. The food world and the baking world are two very different ball games. I want to learn baking eventually. When we get a house with a bigger kitchen and my dream, double ovens, maybe I'll learn.

Today is our little man's due date and official countdown to eviction. Physically, I am so ready to be done but emotionally not ready because there's so much left to do and honestly I'm kind of scared of having a newborn around again. Those first couple months with Lily were really hard. I am so uncomfortable and in a lot of pain this time around. I was perfectly fine with my daughter at the end. I hope my discomfort this time means my body will work for me and I don't need a repeat csection.
Countrymom4 likes this.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

February 6th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Praying for you Kira. I so want another baby

February 9th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Yesterday was a sad day. We went out to the barn to trim the horses and donkeys hoofs and found one of our mini donkeys dead. Not really sure what happened. DD#2 is taking it harder than the rest.

February 9th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Super Mommy
That's so sad Chrystal. I'm sorry. I'll be praying for your dd.

I finally finished planning our lessons for the week and I should go to bed but my mind is racing.
~Mother of Miracles

February 10th, 2014, 11:28 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Chrystal that is so sad about your mini donkey! I cry when ANY kind of animal dies!

Today is a blah monday. I am trying to stay positive for my sake. I'm dealing with personal stuff and being 18 hours away from my family really makes me sad.

How is everything, Kira?
February 10th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Spent the whole day in town running errands and getting groceries ( do we have a boo ?) Dh and I went in with two vehicles so I could get the car looked at again for insurance, mouse damage and he could get a weigh scale to weigh some cattle. So we split the children some with me some with him....I think I got the noise ones

February 11th, 2014, 10:16 AM
I stopped taking my son to grocery shopping. He's worse when we go out! You know terrible 2!

We have speech therapy meeting today so I'm looking forward to some adult talk!
February 11th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I always say terrible twos and attitude threes

Off to the rink......I an so looking forward to the rink closing for the year. Well at least for 3 kids. Teagan usually skates year round.
ZaydensMomma likes this.

February 11th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Oh yeah attitude threes is here! He's wearing my patience thin!

Have fun at the rink!

Just done with the speech therapy and meeting.

I am trying to figure out what to fix for supper. Hmmmm
February 11th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Super Mommy
If only it stopped at 3.... Nathaniel is right in the middle of the frustrating fours.
Maybe it's a boy thing. I don't remember Mercy being this way. Then again, maybe she was and I just blocked it out of my memory.

Supper tonight is whatever my husband makes. I am not cooking.

Mercy Jane has just now informed me that she'd like to have a few friends over for her birthday party.... On Sunday. I was really looking forward to a nice, quiet family celebration.
Countrymom4 likes this.
~Mother of Miracles

February 11th, 2014, 03:21 PM
It's DEFINITELY a boy thing! My son is almost 3 next month. He's a monkey! Please don't tell me there's "frustrating fours"!!!!!

I'm making spaghetti and green beans with garlic bread. Yummy! It's raining/snowing outside now. :s
February 11th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Love frustrating fours Hate to break it you ya ladies but fives have their own fun. Cohen has been testing everything I say and ask of he. Not DH, just me....

Are you just starting speech Nichole ? So far DD32 went through speech and DS#1 has, but only for a couple months.
ZaydensMomma likes this.

February 11th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymom4 View Post
Love frustrating fours Hate to break it you ya ladies but fives have their own fun. Cohen has been testing everything I say and ask of he. Not DH, just me....

Are you just starting speech Nichole ? So far DD32 went through speech and DS#1 has, but only for a couple months.
Oh great.... fun five! I'm so looking forward to that... Zayden ALWAYS tests me.... JUST ME! Ugh He's an angel to others but not to me. Is that normal?

Please call me Aaron Nicole (That's my name... yep my mama named me after a boy name I'm special )

Zayden started speech therapy in May 2013. Starting tomorrow I have to take him to elementary school for 3 days for assessment in a big classroom. Should be intersting.
February 12th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I keep forgetting to check in here, but anyways, I'm all caught up now.

I can't stop watching olympics, definetly exciting to be Canadian! It's not like I don't have anything else that I should be doing, but anyways.

I didn't take my younger 2 shopping for years, they would not behave. And it's just quicker to do it on my own.
ZaydensMomma and Countrymom4 like this.
February 12th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
My kids are fine when we go out. It's at home that they give me trouble.

I have an ultrasound today. I'm nervous.
ZaydensMomma likes this.
~Mother of Miracles

February 12th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Sorry Aaron Nicole

Us to Linda the kids are glued to the TV for Olympics. Teagan being a figure skate and has skated with Rudi and Paige and has meet Tessa she has more of a connection this year.

Good Luck Audrey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search