2014 Chat

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2014, 10:01 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
No worries Chrystal (I'm still learning to type your first name. I had to look at your siggy to spell it right. ) Many times, people call me Nicole cuz they think Aaron is my husband. I'm like Noooooo my name is Aaron Nicole. and they look at me like Worse when they call me or send me a letter with Mr. (insert my last name) and I'm like I"m used to it!

Just got home from preschool assessment class. We had a lot fun!

I'm off to eat my Subway lunch and catch up my shows.

Weird, I'm not glued to the Olympics cuz I prefer summer Olympics and my Michael Phelps! I'm sad Apolo Ohno is not competing!
February 12th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I prefer the winter olympics, but it probably also has to do with being inside to watch tv more in the winter and not wanting to sit inside during summer.

I could take all my kids out shopping just fine.....when I had the older 3, they were always pretty good. Then I had 2 more.......

It's one of those days where I'm doing stuff but it doesn't feel like I"m accomplishing anything.
Countrymom4 and aect-mama like this.
February 12th, 2014, 01:18 PM
The problem is with my son who is almost 3 in few weeks... he HATES to be in the cart. He HAS to walk... or he will scream his head off and say HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME! Ugh He is horrible shopper. He will say I want this I want this I want this and when I say noooo he will scream!
I have fibromyalgia. He is very strong. I get worn out by the time we check out cuz I can't hold his hands cuz he wont let me and I have hard time unloading the stuff cuz he would be all over the store! I can't do it alone. I bring my husband or I leave him home with my husband!

One time, we walked to the bathroom in grocery store... and he was gone in split second when I washed my hands.. I looked everywhere for him in the store and this Angel came to me and asked me if I had a little boy. I said yes and she brought me to him in the fruit area. I literally had a heart attack!
February 12th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Super Mommy
I'm having one of those strangely unproductive days too.

Aaron Nicole, WOW! I wouldn't go shopping with him either. I'm so glad he was found safe and sound.

I'm back from the doctor and feeling releived. Baby is fine. But now I'mexhausted and my back hurts. My kids are getting Mac & cheese from a box tonight. It's all I have the energy for.
~Mother of Miracles

February 12th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Eggs here for supper, fast and easy. Glad baby is OK !!

planning on going Skiing next week with the family. Could be fun Rogan is 4, cohen has never skied and Kyren is trying snowboarding for the first time

But first the girls have figure skating tests tomorrow, Teagan has 3 and Kyren is taking her first test.

Thank You tasha_mae

February 12th, 2014, 09:09 PM
We had Chick a fila for dinner

Round 2 tomorrow morning at preschool assessment.

My bible study was very interesting! We talked about "Reason for everything" by Rick Warren who wrote The Purpose-Driven Life. We are focused on this book right now.
February 13th, 2014, 06:58 AM
I might have to look up that book. I always have a stack of books to read

best get school started so everyone is on time today.
ZaydensMomma likes this.

Thank You tasha_mae

February 13th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Back home from the school. They said they are done with assessment so I should hear in few weeks.

My husband bought me a Valentine's day gift yesterday.. He surprised me! It was from Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Gift Baskets, Cupcakes | Shari's Berries
4 cookies and 6 strawberries dipped in chocolate.

Now I should get him something..... We usually never exchange gifts or surprises...but he got me this because he knew how stressed and sad I had been since I got diagnosed with PCOS.
February 13th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Yay for valentine surprises I have some candies for the kids tomorrow, and we will make heart shaped pancakes. Thankfully i do not have to feed both hire men or that would be a whole pill of pancakes

The girls passed all there skating tests Teagan is now Jr. bronze and Sr. bronze in skills. So happy for her, now if she came only land that axel she has been working on for 2 years.....
#5in2005 and ZaydensMomma like this.

Thank You tasha_mae

February 14th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nice that they passed their tests! I look forward to cheering them on in the 2026 Olympics! Where are you going skiing at? If your boys know how to skate they'll definetly have an advantage learning to ski.

I just picked up my nieces, they're 12 and 10, and are staying here for a week while their parents go on holidays. They're really easy to have.

But first, I will houseclean like a madwoman, so that it's out of the way.
February 14th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Victor got me flowers last night! So beautiful!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!!
#5in2005 likes this.
February 14th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Happy Valentines day !!

We are going skiing either at Hidden valley by Medicine Hat and visiting my Grandmother or just going to Mission Ridge that is only 2 hrs from us.

Thank You tasha_mae

February 14th, 2014, 06:01 PM
That sounds nice, Chrystal!

I was bummed most of places were out of crawfish due to the cold season we had been having. I have been craving boiled crawfish for a long time!
February 18th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
And to think, I've never even had crawfish.

How did the skiing go Crystal? Hope you had fun. My BFF grew up around Medicine Hat and her sister lives in Sask. I always wonder if you two know each other, she has a lot in common with you (ranch etc).

We spent family day at "our" ski hill and it was a beautiful day.

I hope this doesn't make me a bad mom, but after having everyone at home for 4 days I was kinda happy to send them off to school. I have 2 extra's for the week (but minus my oldest, she is in Ottawa for the week) and it's making the house feel very full.
February 18th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Super Mommy
Nope. I don't think that makes you sound like a bad mom at all. Today is one of those days I wish I could send my kids to school and then crawl back into bed. Glad you had a nice day yesturday. Sounds like you're all really enjoying the time with your nieces.

Chrystal, hope you had a fun ski trip!

It's been a rough week here. Leah Hope is sick again (4th time since Christmas) and we had to cancel Mercy Jane's birthday party because of it. My m/s is back with a vengence and homeschooling isn't really getting done. I'm hoping if we all rest and just take it easy today, things will be better tomorrow.
~Mother of Miracles

February 18th, 2014, 12:17 PM
I'm just laying low.... have a lot on my plate.

Audrey, hope your day gets better.
February 18th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope everyone feels better soon!!

I am happy to have a day at home tomorrow, my house is in shambles. LOL, I think I just sad I'm thankful for a day of housecleaning
February 19th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Skiing got held off, due to a beautiful snow storm......
Next week is looking to be colder again so maybe the 1st week in March.

Thank You tasha_mae

February 20th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Now than I'm caught up here since having my son..

Chrystal, yay for your kids doing so well on their tests! Ice skating looks fun. I've never been. Ice is hard to come by in our unseasonably warm temperatures lol. Bummer about the skiing though. I hope the weather cooperates so you and your family can go soon!

We are doing well here. Busy but well. My husband has 8 weeks off and we have so much to do. I'm loving the company. Lily has a cold and we are being sort of germ paranoid here to make sure our son doesn't get it since she had a fever. The fever is gone now, but she still doesn't feel well and has been very crabby and hard to deal with. I'm telling you, my two year old is more needy than my newborn lol.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

February 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope the baby stays well, and it's kind of par for the course for the older child to need a little extra attention after a new baby, it's a big change! How awesome that your dh is home for 8 weeks though.

Crystal, I hope you get to go skiing!! Dh and I are going with some friends the first week of March, I'm really looking forward to it, it's been a few years since we've been. We're going to Banff with the kids during spring break, so that will be fun too.

My house is back in order! And I thought my dishwasher was broken, since monday evening, and I finally talked to the repair man because he was trying to figure out a time to come out, and it turns out we just had the child lock on. Embarassing!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search