2014 Chat

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Sounds like you're making a lot of progres, Chrystal! How much more is there to be done? Is the end in sight?

5 in 2005- we have missions all over Southern California. I had to do a research paper on the missions and their histories for one of my college classes in the one semester of college I've ever done. DH (fiancé at the time) took me to the oldest mission in California, down in San Diego, and also saw other missions around the area, then we did an impromptu trip to SeaWorld already being in the area and all. Very fun trip. I hope to do something like that with my kids when they're old enough to appreciate historical stuff like that.

Right now, we are very busy but very happy. No big plans right now, but still super busy with a lot of littler stuff. DH goes back to work not tomorrow, but the following Monday. I guess I'm ready for him to go back, I'm sure I can manage, but it's been so nice having all this extra time together the last 7 weeks. I'm gonna miss having him around so much.

Edit- lol I'm an idiot. 5 in 2005 you said mission and El Paso and I'm thinking Spanish Missions lol not a mission trip. Safe travels to your husband. 12 days may seem like a long time, but it will fly by I'm sure.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Last edited by SkyBaby; April 1st, 2014 at 10:15 AM.
March 31st, 2014, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I said I'd elaborate on the mission trip, but I don't really know a whole lot of specifics. This is the first time the trip is going to El Paso TX, so I am not entirely sure what exactly they will do. They're going to do a vacation bible school type of thing. The bus left at 6 this morning, and I'm feeling like 12 days is very long right now, but I am very excited about dh going. I just don't like that he's gone.

It's -15 and snowing.

I have been going on about 12 days of non stop activity, so it's good that my next few days are fairly clear, for one I need to give my house some serious attention, but I really need some downtime. It's been very busy both with stuff that needed to get done and brain space with getting ready for this mission trip to happen.
April 2nd, 2014, 09:25 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Sorry ladies I need help to keep this board going.

April 3rd, 2014, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We can all only do so much Crystal, no worries.
April 16th, 2014, 02:57 PM
House is done!!! Maybe going to be above freezing ....... We got our sheep and bought a milk cow.

What is everyone else up to ?
#5in2005 and SkyBaby like this.

April 18th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I are planning on getting new flooring in the kitchen, living room, and hallway this summer! I just priced out the different options based on our square footage and it's entirely doable! Can't wait to get started!

My son is 2 and a half months old! I can't believe how fast time is going. I'm sad I never got the time to sit down and take formal newborn portraits of him like I did my daughter. I have a shoot for the kids planned for Easter, so I'm looking forward to that.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

April 18th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Ya for pictures !!

I was just looking at our family picture tonight thinking we need it updated. Rogan was so small. It will also be oir last family pic as 6......

April 20th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Say WHAT!?!?!?! Are you saying what I think you're saying? How about some details!!!!!! Wahoo!!!

Yay for new flooring!!

Well, dh and #2 are back from their mission trip and it was not perfect but still a very good trip, they both learned a lot. The kids have had no school since thursday, and I've had things to do but a decent amount of home time inbetween so it's been great, plus we've had some nice weather at last. Dh and I went to see God's not dead the other night and it was a little cheesy in a few parts, but still a very good movie, the theater was packed so that was awesome.

Ok, so my brother and his fiance have a son that was born early september last year, and now she is due with twins in august. Awesome and yikes all at the same time!
April 22nd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Yes I am Due in Dec !!
#5in2005, ZaydensMomma and SkyBaby like this.

April 22nd, 2014, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay!! That's great news Chrystal!! Congratulations!!

April 23rd, 2014, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! 5 is an excellent number How are you feeling? When are you telling the kids?

It's rainy and yucky here today. I was supposed to go and get my teeth cleaned but it's been a year since dh has gone since he kept cancelling his 6 mo appt so I sent him instead.

Works out great because I'm signed up for this webinar on sunday school curriculum and it's eastern time so I would have missed the beginning.
April 23rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
Its raining here too, kind of nice though to wash off everything.

I don't really know when we will tell the kids. DH sister is coming home the middle of May. So thinking before we tell the family. I never knew morning sickness was day sickness . I was never sick with the others so this sucks

April 24th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We were supposed to get rain Tuesday and Wednesday, but just a few clouds. I love rain and California is still in a drought.

My morning sickness with my daughter lasted all day and all night and made me lose 15 pounds by week 10, so I can totally relate, Chrystal. Didn't taper off until 20 weeks and I'd still puke sometimes until the day I had her. My son was much easier. I was only sick the first trimester then felt fine, aside from the half a dozen stomach bugs I had in my third trimester. Those were truly awful.

Try candied ginger root, ginger ale, saltine crackers, fruit, gatorade (any electrolytes drink), ice water with fresh squeezed lemon juice, and anything you're craving. I always found eating foods I craved to stay down when nothing else would. Don't let your stomach get empty, either. An empty stomach always made me feel worse, something about the build up of stomach acid that sits there eating your lining because there's nothing in your stomach. There are also several anti nausea prescription medicines safe to take while pregnant, too. Hope this helps you!!

April 25th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the tips !! I have never even been nauseous with the other kids. I find a empty stomach the worst, but the thought of eating kills me.

Big week for us, we empty the feedlot so 20 plus semi in our yard. Praying for a dry yard, or those semis will trash the roads.

April 26th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That IS a big week. Hope there's not that much mud. Dh drives truck and his work has slowed down because people want to wait for the mud to be gone.

DD #2 turned 15 yesterday, and she went on a rugby tournament. I did not like having my baby gone on her birthday, but she herself thought it was just fine to spend her birthday staying in a hotel with her rugby team.
April 27th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Nope going to be a whole lot of mud. It rained and snowed for the last 2 days......I have the fewling there will be a couple semis stuck tomorrow.

April 28th, 2014, 01:03 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Hey I'm back from being MIA for almost 2 months! I was going through tough situation. I'm back with a positive attitude! But I would like for this group to pray for my husband and I.

Congrats Chrystal! That's exciting!
April 28th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Yes I will be praying for you and ypur husband.
ZaydensMomma likes this.

May 1st, 2014, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be praying, too!

May 9th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope everyone works out!

I went away for a week, to Ontario to attend a few weddings and visit some family and friends. It was great, but OY, there's a lot to catch up on and so much going on. The 7 of us are going in 7 different directions....madness.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search