Tips

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By ZaydensMomma
  • 1 Post By Countrymom4
  • 1 Post By aect-mama
  • 1 Post By ZaydensMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2014, 09:12 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Hi there!

I am new saved Christian since October 2, 2013.

I am wondering what do you do to keep in relationship with God on daily basis? Do you go to church... bible study or just between you and God?

What tools do you use to learn about Him?

What books have you read or currently reading?

I tend go to the Bible study every Wednesday with the deaf group with a deaf teacher who teach us different lessons about the Bible.

Pretty soon, the church's Pastor will have Sunday nights lesson about the Revelation for a month or so. I can't wait to learn about it!

On March 1, group of deaf ladies and I are going to 5th Annual Liberty Deaf Women Fellowship. We are excited! It will be my first time!
Countrymom4 and aect-mama like this.
February 9th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I try to read the bible everyday(this I really need to get better at). We do attend Church, I help with the youth group and the youth bible studies and also help at Club through the church.

The books I am reading right now are A woman's walk with GOD _ growing in the fruit of the spirit, Choosing to see, and You can't make me - but I can be persuaded ( a parenting book). So far I am not loving these. I have just started Choosing to see.

I also watch a couple churches on you tube. speakers I really like.
ZaydensMomma likes this.

February 9th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Super Mommy
I am wondering what do you do to keep in relationship with God on daily basis? Do you go to church... bible study or just between you and God? I do attend church every week (or watch a service online if someone's sick) but I don't attend a bible study or small group right now. What I do just between me and God is mostly a lot of prayer and reading. I pray all the time and I also keep a prayer journal and say the rosary every day. (I was born Catholic.)

What tools do you use to learn about Him? I do a devotional every day. Sometimes it's something I find online or a devotional book and sometimes it's something from my church.
I make a point to meditate over the Sunday sermon throughout the whole week. There are usually "Reflection Questions" or "Thoughts for further study" printed in the buliten. I keep these in my prayer journal.
I also study the classic hymns. I read and meditate on them like poetry. I've started doing this with my oldest as part of our homeschooling and it's become one of our favorite parts of the week.
Another tool I have is that as a family we follow the liturgical calendar. We celebrate the seasons of our faith like Advent, Lent, Ordinary Time and other seemingly "minor" holidays like All Saints Day. Maybe it's the Catholic in me but the ritual and tradition in those celebrations is really helpful to me in understanding God's unchanging character. Even in all that repetition and familiarity, I'm always learning something new about who God really is. He is constantly revealing more of His love for me.

What books have you read or currently reading? I just finished reading "Love Does" by Bob Goff. That was a fun and encouraging read. There are tons of other books I could recommend but I don't want to overwhelm you. A couple of authors I've really loved are C.S. Lewis and Max Lucado. (He also has several wonderful children's books) Oh... Another great author is Walter Wangerin Jr. I started reading his books in high school and I've re-read most of them at least once.

That's probably a much longer answer than you were looking for. Sorry. I tend to ramble when I have insomnia. Oh the joys of pregnancy.
ZaydensMomma likes this.
~Mother of Miracles

February 10th, 2014, 10:24 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Audrey, ohhhh bless your heart. Please elaborate more if you want to! I love love reading people's advice and their words. Please don't refrain from giving me the list of your fave reads. I love to read! I go to the Library to rent Christian movies or books. My library has many books that I don't know where to start!

I am really trying to train myself to read the Bible at least one chapter per night. I need to start practicing this!
aect-mama likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search