Qoft

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Countrymom4
  • 2 Post By #5in2005
  • 1 Post By aect-mama
  • 2 Post By aect-mama
  • 1 Post By ZaydensMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Can you be a Christian and NOT go to church ?
ZaydensMomma likes this.

February 11th, 2014, 08:21 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Yes.

I'm a Christian and do not go to church on Sundays.. Only on Wednesdays.
I go to Church on Sunday once in a while.

If it's gas or some personal factor, they can watch a sermon online or on tv instead of going to church.
February 12th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If it's a yes or no answer then I would say that yes you can.

But I do I believe that it is important to be a part of the body of believers and going to church on Sunday.
Countrymom4 and aect-mama like this.
February 12th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Super Mommy
The short answer is yes. You can be a Christian and not go to church. After my mama's funeral, I didn't go to church at all for almost 5 years. But I never stopped believing.

I do think it is much harder to live your faith without a community around you to support you and hold you accountable. And it's not what God wants for us. He designed us to be in community with one another. That's what church is supposed to be for.
Spottts likes this.
~Mother of Miracles

February 12th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Ok here is my reasoning. We had this talk at Church and the paster said no because....

In the bible it talks about in communion so everything is to be talken / done together as a family of God. Also it talks about going out and spreading the word ( this of course does not need to be at a Church). So in short a gathering is to take place for Christians to be together as one.

Thoughts ???

February 12th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I will ask this question at my bible study class tonight and will share the discussion afterwards. I'm very curious!
February 12th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Super Mommy
I guess it depends on how you define "church".

The bible says "wherever two or more are gathered in My (Jesus) name, I am there also." So if you consider the church to be the universal church, the worldwide body of believers, then technically we are "going to church" every time we pray for each other or study the word of God together on this forum or when we meet with friends over coffee to do a devotional.

Don't get me wrong, I think going to worship services and practicing the sacraments is important. It's part of connecting to God,reminding us of His holiness and our need for him. But if we limit our understanding of church to a specific building at a specific time with specific people then we're really missing out on something. Jesus never wanted the rules to get in the way of our relationship with him.

I could pull out a bunch of scripture to support this but I'm too tired and my kids are hungry. Maybe tomorrow.

Aaron Nicole, I'm curious to know what your bible study thinks.
Countrymom4 and Spottts like this.
~Mother of Miracles

February 12th, 2014, 06:11 PM
I totally agree with you Audrey !!

February 12th, 2014, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry I did not have chance to ask this question during bible study due to time. I will discuss this next week! Sorry!

I am excited my bible study teacher told us that the Pastor will start 12 weeks lesson/sermon on Revelation starting February 23 til May!
Countrymom4 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search