Are you a faithful

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2006, 08:49 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
My family is. We are there every time the doors are open. My husband is the Assoc. Pastor, so even though we want to be there, we also feel like we should be there.

But I have a lot of friends whom I believe are Christians, and they are just Sunday mornging people. I don't judge them. It's up to them how much they attend church. Well, really, it's between them and God.

But I was just wondering how you all felt about attending services on a regular basis.

<div align="center"></div>
August 4th, 2006, 08:54 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup. When I cannot go (like if I am sick) I feel like something is missing from my week - kwim?
August 4th, 2006, 08:57 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh yes, I totally kwym! I don't get sick hardly ever, but I've had to stay home with my kids on occasion. The whole time I'm home, I'm thinking about church and wondering if they had a good service, if anyone got saved, if they had any visitors. I can't wait til DH gets home so I can hear all about the service. And if something really good happened, I feel so left out cause I wasn't there.

August 4th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
we go to SUnday service with out fail, and Wednesday Bible study and a SUnday nite kinship group. It seems though these last few Wed. something keeps coming up where we cannot go.....that is going to stop...lol

August 4th, 2006, 04:32 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
We have recently started going to church on a regular basis....depending on what my schedule might be hopefully I will have the chance to go to weekly night bible study too

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

August 4th, 2006, 06:02 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, we go every Sunday unless someone is sick. Not because we feel we have to, but because we want to.

</div>
August 4th, 2006, 06:56 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
if the doors are open, we are there.
I teach children's church on Sunday mornings, and teach kindergartners on Wednesday nights....
kinda hard to miss church when you have committments

August 4th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
We are, and always have been. Growing up, we went to church twice a day unless we were throwing up!! If I don't go to church, I don't get spiritually refreshed and so much is missing out in my week. Last Sunday, we couldn't find a drive to church (people were on vacation and such) and it felt so bad not to go to church. This week has been a stressful one. Can't wait til Sunday! LOL

In the fall I will be teaching a ladies class with a friend of mine, and also I think that I have been asked to be the JR. choir director, so that will be interesting! And fun!

I think it is important to know that just because you attend church doesn't mean that you are safe and will get into heaven...but it is important for your spiritual life and growth and strength in your Christian walk.

August 5th, 2006, 02:32 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My family also has commitments to teach at church and I'm so thankful for that! It keeps us there all the time. I really enjoy being there now and want my daughter there every chance we get. The only service we don't go to is Sunday Evening because there is no nursery for my daugher---she's to rowdy to keep in the service. On Wednesday nights she goes into the preschool class even though she's only 2. It's small and she really likes the activities.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

August 5th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes we are very faithful to be at church. Wednesday night is a little harder because there is no child care. During the winter my 7 year old will sit in the nursery with my 2 year old. I feel like I have missed something if I have missed church. When I had both my back surgeries last year I missed a lot. The first time in the Spring of 05 I missed 7 weeks of church. At Christmas I had my second back surgery. I was out for 3 1/2 months. That was a hard time. I needed the teaching. I did the best I could finding it on TV or radio.

August 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't like to miss Sundays. Our church is starting a Wednesday morning tot and mom group I am really excited about, I may start singing on the worship team, I work in the tot room sometimes. I would also like to start the women's bible study in September but also our church is starting up a married couples bible study I really want to get involved in with DH. He is a bit difficult with church. I am praying about it to see where God wants me to be. Definitely the tot/mom Wed. morning though!
August 6th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Regular
Hi, I'm new to this particular forum, but it appealed to me.

We are faithful church goers. I just had my baby a month ago and took a couple of weeks off and I couldn't believe how much I missed it. I sing in the choir and my husband is a deacon so we don't take our worship lightly.

August 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM
skinnermom's Avatar Veteran
We. too, are at church every time the door is open (sometimes we even open the doors). I feel as if something is missing if I do not attend.
Andrew - 6 years old
Matthew - 4 years old
August 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are at church pretty well every sunday, I really miss it when I don't go, my week is "off" if I don't go.

I think it's important to go, a lot of people tell me they can be Christians without needing to go to church, but that definetly would not work for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search