Update on Amy and Baby

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
For the past two weeks, I have been asking for prayer for a 17 year old girl in my church and her newborn son Damien. She gave birth to him 2 weeks ago this Monday coming, and he was rushed to the IWK hospital for children in NS (next province over) with a bowel obstruction. The last I heard, he is doing okay but will not be able to go home to live with her. He comes back this Saturday to Fredericton but will be going to the hospital here.

We are praying that this time away from her baby (she is not with him) will allow her to rethink her decision to keep little Damien. She is not in the position to raise a child by herself. She is a very immature girl, and her mother is a chain smoker and is on welfare and disability and is in no position to help.

We are praying that she will realize that because her baby seems to have some health problems, it needs to go to a home where it will be cared for. She doesn't have extra money for things like prescriptions and she really needs to realize that her baby is suffering.

Please continue to pray for Amy and Damien. Thanks!

August 5th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Super Mommy
I will keep them in my prayers.
August 5th, 2006, 05:01 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
That just breaks my heart! I hope that God's will is done in this situation, whether it's staying with the mom or not.

<div align="center"></div>
August 5th, 2006, 09:38 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
still praying for Amy and the baby

August 6th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
This morning Amy was at church and she was telling me that she is going to go to Halifax today and visit Damien. She says that hopefully he will be home this week...but he won't be able to go straight home, he will need to go to the hospital and stay there for a bit. Keep praying for the little one. So far he is doing well!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search