Church Attire

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What We Wear Before the King
I usually dress up, skirt blouse etc. 9 26.47%
Most of the time I go casual dressy. 13 38.24%
I wear casual clothes, sometimes even jeans. 12 35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
What do all of you lovely ladies wear t church?

August 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I wear dresses/skirts on Sundays, but on Wednesdays I'm more casual. I will even wear jeans sometimes on Wednesdays.

<div align="center"></div>
August 5th, 2006, 08:09 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
on Sundays, I either wear a nice skirt, or a long dressy looking jean skirt. On Wednesdays, I wear either jeans or capris...

August 5th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will either wear dresses/skirts or capri's or pants on Sunday. Wednesday it is prayer night and I will wear jeans or shorts.

August 6th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I am pretty much the same. Sometimes I will wear dressy pants to church because I am running low on skirts that fit! To small group, I wear jeans and capris.

August 6th, 2006, 02:25 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I personally like going to church in something casual dressy...however, my church and my dh's family believe in going pretty dressy so that is what I do...I don't mind it, but sometimes those heels hurt.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

August 6th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some Sundays I work in the tot room (1 ~ 2yrs.) so I try wash and wear because I tend to get yanked on and drooled upon. (: Not really skirt appropriate either.

Sundays I don't work in the tot room it's dressy casual. I actually wore jeans last Sunday because I was happy I fit back into them. After our loss of our little angel I have held onto the last 6 lbs. and it just now seems to be coming off (slowly). I like to be a little dressy because I am always t-shirt and sweats all week.
<div align="center"></div>
August 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I usually wear a skirt, occasionally dress pants, but I am always dressed up, I won't wear jeans or capri's or shorts. All my girls wear dresses or skirts.

I know in the end it does not matter what you wear to church, but if you have nice clothes you may as well wear them to church.

When I was growing up I was not allowed to wear pants on sunday lol.
August 10th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Veteran
I usually am dressed casual or "in character". I work in the Children's ministry and part of my job is planning and doing Children's church of nearly 200 children. (w/help of others, of course) So, we have themed units and depending on what our theme is depends on what I wear. Example, our last unit was on a cruise ship so I got to wear white capris and a hawiaian shirt. The unit that we just started is in the ER of a hospital, so I am in scrubs or a Doctors jacket. Sounds like lots of fun, Huh? I bet that just makes you all want to serve in children's ministry, right?

For the most part though, we have people that dress is all ways. Some come all dressed up and others in jeans. I think that the important part is that they came to worship not what they decided to wear that morning, ya know?

<iframe src = "http://w78.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstamp&featurena me=Kids&pa=/j100/busymomof3/" height = 405 width = 390 border='0' frameborder='0' ></iframe>

~~~ Stacy ~~~
Wife to Keven & mommy to
Brittany, Kaitlyn, KJ, and our newest addition, Breanna
August 16th, 2006, 08:05 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
our church is totally casual...the pastor even wears jeans! every Sunday
August 17th, 2006, 12:45 PM
ladybgg
Quote:
our church is totally casual...the pastor even wears jeans! every Sunday[/b]

I love the worship song "Come Just As You Are"

IMO, as long as you are in true worship and proudly before The King, who cares what you're wearing! kwim?

ETA: He doesn't wear jeans EVERY Sunday... but alot of the time. The congregation normally wears casual dress to casual clothes. We have a couple bikers that wear their biker clothes!
August 19th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been wearing Jeans lately b/c thats all that I have that fits right now - I still have 20 pounds of baby weight to lose. No one seems to care - it is a pretty casual church. Most of the older people are pretty dressed but not so much the younger ones. I also wear a nice top so I look a little better. I would rather wear a dress or skirt though - I'm just having the worst luck finding dressy clothes that aren't either too sexy for church or else look like old lady clothes
August 20th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I usually wear dressy casual... a skirt or dress, but with sandals not heels. Everyone at my church dresses so casually that I would feel out of place if I wore a dressy dress or suit and heels. I love to dress up, but I wouldn't want to make someone that was new in church feel uncomfortable because their attire wasn't "appropriate" for church. I think Lord is looking at our spiritual "garments", like praise, holiness and righteousness not the clothes we put on our backs.
August 22nd, 2006, 10:59 PM
jaylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wear jeans or capris. I might wear dress clothes if I had them, but my church doesn't care at all how you dress, as long as your heart is there!
Jamie
August 27th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
Quote:
Quote:
our church is totally casual...the pastor even wears jeans! every Sunday[/b]

I love the worship song "Come Just As You Are"

IMO, as long as you are in true worship and proudly before The King, who cares what you're wearing! kwim?
[/b]
to the church being casual, and I also love the song 'come as you are'!!

I usually wear ;
jeans
tee shirt
sneakers.

August 29th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Super Mommy
I still have quite a bit of my baby weight to lose, so I wear whatever fits. I like to wear skirts, but sometimes it ends up being khaki pants with a nice shirt. My church is huge, so there are a lot of very casual dressers, but I just can't bring myself to wear jeans on Sunday. Dressing up, if only a little, makes Sunday seem special. Also, I don't have a *paying* job, so it's my one opportunity to dress up during the week.

<span style="color:#993399"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Check out my Myspace!
[/i]
August 31st, 2006, 06:53 AM
brybaby2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually wear casual dressy. Sometimes I wear a pant suit....just depends on my mood & how early we get up Sunday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search