singing to children?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
What songs do you sing to your children for fun times? For times when they are sad?

Just curious...

August 24th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
When Ayden was in the NICU I would sing to him Father I adore You, and I made up a song for him using his name bc I wanted him to get to know his name, "Ayden Bayden oh sweet bayden, Ayden bayden, momma loves you" and even to this day these 2 songs will calm him down super fast.

We have started to sing scripture verses as well nowdays and he is memorizing scripture this way it is a great learning tool, as he is only 2 years old.

and he likes to sing happy birthday to Jesus (his kid Bible uses that as an exercise when learn of Jesus' birth) and then the Jesus loves His little children song, he jams away to that one too.....in our house we are generally singing to one another...

August 24th, 2006, 11:15 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When Tyrael was an infant, I use to sing "You are my Sunshine" almost every time I put her to sleep. Needless to say, it was the first song she learned to sing. I would also sing "I Love You Lord" to her because it is such a calming and worshipful song. Now she loves to sing Zaccheaus, Winnie the Pooh, The ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, and most recently "Halleluia, Praise the Lord!" (She was singing that at the top of her lungs in the library bathroom yesterday, only it sounded like, "How-a-woo-ya, pwaise the ward......" over and over again) I thought it was hilarious!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

August 24th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I made up a song for Aiden too...it is to the tune of the Java Jive and it goes like this: "I love Aiden, yes I do...oh, I really love my smoochie poo. Aiden and me...well, he's my baby! A loop e doop e doop e doop...aaa loop e doop e doop e doooooooop...I love my Aiden Peter very much!" He loves it!!

To calm him down, though, he likes the song It Is Well with My Soul.

August 24th, 2006, 04:15 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is well with my Soul is my all-time favorite hymn! I especially love how it sounds in a church with LOTS of voices!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search