Wednesday church services?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2006, 10:28 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
Does your church have a mid week service?
do you attend?

August 30th, 2006, 08:21 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our new church doesn't - the emphasis during the week is small groups. The church is fairly large (with 5 church services during the weekend - 1 Saturday evening, three Sunday morning and 1 Sunday evening), so small groups are important to help keep the church "small" in the sense of building community.

Our last church did not have one either, but Wednesday was a big night for activities - Awana would meet at the church and while the kids were there, the adults would have Home Fellowship groups in nearby homes.

Out here in California that seems to be the trend - no mid-week service, but Wednesday would be a big night for children's programs and adult small group studies/fellowship groups.

DH and I usually would have our study on Wednesday night.
August 30th, 2006, 10:34 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
our church has a mid week service. We also have a prayer meeting..
The children have an activity on wednesdays too. I was teaching the summer class, but have decided not to teach the school year "Master's club"

August 30th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our church doesn't have one but they are starting a Sat. evening service though.
<div align="center"></div>
August 30th, 2006, 04:19 PM
jaylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Our new church doesn't - the emphasis during the week is small groups. The church is fairly large (with 5 church services during the weekend - 1 Saturday evening, three Sunday morning and 1 Sunday evening), so small groups are important to help keep the church "small" in the sense of building community.

Our last church did not have one either, but Wednesday was a big night for activities - Awana would meet at the church and while the kids were there, the adults would have Home Fellowship groups in nearby homes.

Out here in California that seems to be the trend - no mid-week service, but Wednesday would be a big night for children's programs and adult small group studies/fellowship groups.

DH and I usually would have our study on Wednesday night.[/b]
I used to attend a really big church and that's what we had. our church now doesn't have wed services, but we have moms groups and stuff during the week.
Jamie
August 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My church has one and I would love to go but with it being just me and Riley it's hard to get out at night. Acutally come to think of it, I haven't been out at night in months! They do a webcast but I haven't checked it out yet.
August 30th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our church just has children's programs during the school year, on Wednesday nights. Kelsey isn't old enough yet, so we don't go to church on Sundays.

August 30th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
no wednesday services here, but there are a lot of church related things going on then.
August 30th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Super Mommy
Our new church is very large, also with 5 services over the weekend. The emphasis is on small groups. But my 10 year old just started tackle football, and nobody told me their practices are Monday through Friday, from 5 to 7 pm. And I don't think it would be good for him to miss a practice, since they do so much as far as plays go each practice. So I don't know how we're going to join a small group now.

I miss having Sunday evening service, Wednesday bible study at the church, with a kid's program, and Thursday prayer nights. The church I went to when I first got saved was small enough that everyone went to everything at the church, and you could go to something most nights of the week and not miss out on anything.

But God doesn't keep us in our comfort zones for long, does He?

<span style="color:#993399"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Check out my Myspace!
[/i]
August 31st, 2006, 07:38 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do have Wed. evening services at our church and I'm SO thankful for them. We have a full meal, so I don't have to cook (that's NICE) and children's groups for all ages. Also, it's nice b/c it's a more laid-back atmosphere. There are those who send their kids to Wed. night and don't come on Sunday. I'm glad their kids are at least getting churched some of the time. Otherwise, they would have nothing at all.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

August 31st, 2006, 10:12 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
We have Wednesday night services at our church. Every church I've ever been to has had it. Here's how our church does it.

We have a meal there at 6:30. Every week it's a different theme, and you may or may not have to bring anything. It's kind of a rotation thing. Last night was Pasta night, so I brought a Baked Mac n Cheese, and other people brought Spegetti, Pasta Salad, Hamburger Noodle Bake. Some nights we have Salad nights...Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad, Green Salad, Twig Salad, Egg Salad...any kind of Salad you could imagine.

About once a month we order Pizza and then have donuts for dessert, that way noone has to cook anything.

At 7:15 everyone goes to their specific class.

Adults
Kings Kids
Nursery
Teen Guys
Teen Girls

We are usually all finished by around 8:15 - 8:30

Keep in mind though, that at this point, our church was just started 5 months ago, so we're still small. Last night the count was 70 people. So we are expecting it to grow, and things might be changing. That's up from 24 our first Wednesday night.

It will be hard to make the adjustment, if we ever have to stop with Wednesday services, and begin having small groups and more activities during the week...but really I am looking forward to it!

<div align="center"></div>
August 31st, 2006, 12:56 PM
Super Mommy
Mmmm...pasta night...that sounds so good! I can't eat pasta since I'm allergic to wheat, so maybe it's a good thing our church doesn't do that. Oooh...and donuts and pizza. Sounds like torture!

<span style="color:#993399"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Check out my Myspace!
[/i]
September 2nd, 2006, 09:07 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
We don't have a mid week service, but we have a prayer meeting. We don't attend because it is really hard for us where Steve works shift work and Aiden is really bad when he doesn't get to bed by 7:00.
I do really want to attend a small group in the fall, I hope they have one! It is easier in the morning during the week to get together for a study.

September 13th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Sunshine412's Avatar Veteran
Yes, we go on Wednesday nights. It is very important to Nathan and me that Lily grows up having God as a natural part of her life, and we try and participate in as many church activities as possible, including Wednesday night Bible classes. I am taking the summer off teaching, but I usually teach Bible Class on Wednesday nights, which, in addition to being a great experience, helps me to not skip when I don't feel like going. I have found that the times I feel like skipping are the times that I need God and church the most!
September 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Our church has wednesday services and we also have prayer meeting on Thursday evening where the members of the church come to pray for our church, family, friends, neighbors, our nation, etc.

Edited to add: yes, we go every service possible. Sunday School @ 9:30am, Sunday Morning Worship @ 10:30am, Sunday Evening @ 7pm, Wednesday @ 7pm and of course Thursdays, We haven't been to very many thursday nights though although they only last for about 20 minutes.

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search