New Here

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2006, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! And congrats on your pregnancy!

I never realised this was a big debate myself until someone said something about it in my PR and got chewed out. I personally don't have a problem with people talking about it but because it's such a heated issue you have to watch what you say.

I have looked into it a little bit. I recently read 'The vaccine guide : making an informed choice' by Randall Neustaedter which was an easy read and had good info. I was also recommended The vaccine guide, What your dr may not tell you about child hood vaccines by Stephanie Cave but i haven't read it yet. Definitely read up on it and make your decision from there. I have heard that its' perfectly ok to stop mid-schedule.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
August 31st, 2006, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I vaccinate and will continue to do so. Maybe I am uninformed but we have 2 Dr.'s that are close friends and a bunch of nurses in our family and I trust all of them and they believe in vaccinating.
I also trust my Pediatrician and one vaccination she told me wasn't exactly neccesary (sorry, can't remember which one but it has to do with living in the southwest) so I turned that one down and she supported the decision.

I hope you find the information you need.
<div align="center"></div>
August 31st, 2006, 10:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is a HUGE debate. Go to the Attachement parenting board with your question and they will lead you to many sites against vaccinating for sure.

My cousin actually goes to a church where no one vaccinates their children (thier belief is that it interferes with God's will). Last year their school shut down for over 2 months because half the children got sick from something they could have been immunized against. (I think the mumps).

I have immunized all my children and will continue to do so, every doctor and health nurse I have ever come across recommends it, and they have done their homework on the topic.

I always wonder how far people would take this, because some people don't immunize and others take that kind of thinking further by not going to doctors and getting treatment because that is interfering with God's will.

I think the vaccination that is not absolutely necessary is the chicken pox maybe?

Oh and congrats on your pregnancy, I have an all girls family too
September 1st, 2006, 09:17 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to Christian Parenting! I'm sorry....I really have nothing to say about your immunization problem. I chose to immunize my daughter, but we had to get all the shots b/c she will be going to school. I think I actually would have had her immunized even if she wasn't going to school, though. I just wanted to welcome you here and tell you to jump right in and start posting!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 1st, 2006, 08:29 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
welcome to CP

I personally vaccinated my children...
I won't debate but won't too. LOL

September 1st, 2006, 10:56 PM
Super Mommy
My daughter got her shots yesterday and the poor babie screamed so hard!! I hate having to watch it.

As far as the debate on immunizing-I haven't really researched it, so I don't know what kind of reasoning there is for not doing it. All I know is that our country used to be plagued by all kinds of life threatening diseases like diptheria and polio, and they are gone now. Because of vaccinations. I, for one, don't want them back!

How many mothers who lost their children to polio or adults who lost use of their limbs wished that there was a polio vaccine back in their day?

<span style="color:#993399"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Check out my Myspace!
[/i]
September 2nd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
WELCOME! Glad you found us.

I have no clue about vaccinations, lol. I don't follow the debate because I can't stand fighting! Hehe

I do vaccinate Aiden, but I live in Canada so it is free.

September 2nd, 2006, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
WELCOME! Glad you found us.

I have no clue about vaccinations, lol. I don't follow the debate because I can't stand fighting! Hehe

I do vaccinate Aiden, but I live in Canada so it is free.[/b]
There are free shot clinics for children here in the states too, so that issue should not come up. It probably does though.

My MIL got polio and does have a significant paralysis in one of her legs.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search