Why?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2006, 08:35 AM
thepburn's Avatar Veteran
Why!!! I just got off of the phone with my mom. If it's not one thing it's another. She said that I sounded "tired" and needed to get rest. She then proceeded to tell me that I needed to stop going to church so much. What?!? If anything, that is where I need to be more. Work is making me tired, not serving the Lord!! Why? I'm sorry, I'm just venting. Please continue to pray for my family (meaning my husband, Sarah and myself). My family seems to cause more stress than anything else.

Turkessa
September 6th, 2006, 09:13 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your mom attend church? If she doesn't, maybe that's why she doesn't want you there either. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. It's hard when it's your own family causing you grief!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM
thepburn's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Does your mom attend church? If she doesn't, maybe that's why she doesn't want you there either. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. It's hard when it's your own family causing you grief![/b]

She and my dad both "attend" church. It's the topical type of attending. They are there almost every Sunday morning and that's it. Nothing else during the week. I am trying not to let the devil steal my joy that I had today, but it's quite difficult. I grew up in a home in which bibles were never opened unless it was Sunday morning (while sitting in a pew at church). We didn't pray together as a family or anything like that. I REFUSE to have my daughter relive that at all. I want her to know that her mother loves the Lord and that Jesus's love fills me. I want her to see my involved in church (not to the point of utter exhaustion or anything). I want her to see me reading the Word and praying each day. I desire things to be different with my own family and with the help of the Lord, it will be.
September 6th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about your mom's comment. But you've got the right attitude. In our house we read the bible after our meals, and we prayed before and after our meals (silent prayer), and I do things much differently than that. But then my parents really didn't know how to go about it a different way.
My dad goes to church too, but thinks us kids should prioritize more (that means work more so you can make more money), but we just ignore him.
September 6th, 2006, 12:35 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I want all of the same things you talked about!!!

I want my kids to see me living a Victorious Christian Life...not just at church...ALL THE TIME!!!

I am VERY involved in my church..here's just a little bit of what I do.

~~Monthly Newsletter
~~Prayer Chain Organizer and caller
~~Teacher for Teen Girls on Wed. nights (OGC - Original Girls for Christ)
~~Praise Team Coordinater and singer
~~Piano Player Fill-In
~~Assoc. Pastors wife (which means people call me all the time with their problems..not for advice, just to gripe)
~~Church Cleaner

Okay so my list is FULL and sometimes it does get tiring, but not to the point that I want to quit! I've realized though that I don't want to add anything else to my list. I feel contentment with where I'm at and what I'm doing now. I don't want to overload myself so much and lose my joy.

I was asked to be the Choir Piano Player and I said No! I'm happy doing what I'm doing and I have joy in it all. But if you start doing too much you can lose your joy and just be doing!

KWIM?

So anyways, don't listen to your mom...you need to be at church as much as the Lord wants you there. It's good to be involved. If you are involved in church you'll more likely be more faithful to church because you are contributing to the growth, and you want to be a part of everything!

The Lord will give you strength!!!

*hugs*

<div align="center"></div>
September 6th, 2006, 12:47 PM
jaylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's tough when your parents don't support your faith. My parents, especially my mother, constantly antagonize me about church. I'm like you though, I want my kids to see dh and i living for christ. Prayers and hugs.
Jamie
September 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good for you not to let your mom get to you. I know it's hard but it's times like this that she needs your prayers. I commend you for wanting to teach the Lord to your children and not just as a go to church because it's Easter or Christmas.

Quote:
I am VERY involved in my church..here's just a little bit of what I do.

~~Monthly Newsletter
~~Prayer Chain Organizer and caller
~~Teacher for Teen Girls on Wed. nights (OGC - Original Girls for Christ)
~~Praise Team Coordinater and singer
~~Piano Player Fill-In
~~Assoc. Pastors wife (which means people call me all the time with their problems..not for advice, just to gripe)
~~Church Cleaner

*hugs*[/b]
Wow, and here I am thinking that juggling worship team and toddler room is hard. You go girl. Now I will stop complaining and start learning my songs for this week! Thanks

How do you do it all? What do you do with your kids?
September 7th, 2006, 10:08 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
(((HUGS)))

September 15th, 2006, 09:13 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
I am sorry that your mom feels that way. You know, I think that the coming of Christ is so close that Satan is in overtime and it's sad that he'll use anyone he can find to bring you down. I will keep you in my prayers =)

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

September 16th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I am sorry that you are having such a hard time with your mom right now. I know from personal experience that moms can be hard on you -- but I know that mine just does it out of love for me.

However, I don't think it is right that she tell you it is time to stop going to church as much. I think that going to church throughout the week is an excellent thing to do. I don't go to Wed. services because later in my pregnancy I was in bedrest and now with Aiden's bedtime at 7 (he needs to stick to a bedtime or I deal with screaming and crying all day!) and Steve doing shift work all the time it makes it hard to get out. But this year they are doing small groups and I think it would be great to be able to have one in our home, that way we can do it while Aiden is sleeping. They are also starting a ladies Bible study this Thursday that will be in the morning and there will be babysitting for all the kiddos, so that is really great and I am looking forward to it. I also teach a ladies sunday school and lead the jr. choir, so I try to be active in church. Here's why:

I know that going to church alone doens't make you a good person, or even a christian. It's all about the heart condition and how you are with the Lord, and only you can know whether or not you are truly saved. BUT I think that when you are a christian, you WANT to do things like actively participating in church activities and being there for services because it is glorifying to God.

KWIM?

Anyways, that said I have to get off JM fairly soon and start working on my SS lesson AND pick out songs for my JR. CHOIR practice on Tues!

September 16th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried inviting your mom to church with you?

Maybe she is jealous of the time you spend there and wants more of you for herself and taking her w/you to church after explaining how much you would like it if she came with you of course would make her feel better.

I am just thinking about this based on my relationship w/my mom.

Sorry for the run on sentence.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search