What cartoons do your tots watch that you think are appropriate?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Blue's Clues, Dora & Go Diego Go

Those three Owen loves. I have no problem those.

He also likes Jay Jay the Jet Plane. The voices are SO annoying but I don't have a problem with that one either.
<div align="center"></div>
September 16th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids watch Dora and Diago. And now on Saturday's I just noticed today that they've started showing Veggie Tales and 321 Penguins on NBC. ( I was kind of shocked) We missed Veggie Tales but Xander got to see half of the Penguines
September 16th, 2006, 08:03 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we also watched the new cartoons on NBC. DH told me this was going to happen awhile ago. I think it's great!

Tyrael likes anything on Noggin and I actually think those cartoons are fine for her. She also loves Dora and Diego. She's also been into Winnie the Pooh lately~I like The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and watch it with her. It's not educational, but it teaches her about loving others and it's funny too!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 16th, 2006, 09:07 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
what's funny is, I don't have kids yet, but I love the backyardigans and dora the explorer! I really do need kids!!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

September 17th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Cartoons that Aiden watches that are okay with me are Curious George (I love it!), Arthur, Winnie the Pooh, Little Einsteins, and Clifford the Big Red Dog.

Cartoons that Aiden doesn't watch because I don't approve of are Cailou (I just think he is a big brat who has lots of temper tantrums, it may have changed but I haven't seen in for a few years) and anything that promotes violence, or any that are just for older kids or adults like Simpsons, etc.

September 18th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea, Caillou is a big ol brat.

I didn't know about VT on NBC. I will look into that.

Kudos for NOT having the TV on and listening to worship music and singing.

I actually almost NEVER have the tv on during the afternoon. I actually can't stand it. I like the peace of no tv or music.

Thanks for all the ideas.
September 18th, 2006, 10:52 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I LOVE Bob the Builder...it teaches Team work and that's good. I like Veggietales as well.

September 20th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Super Mommy
I don't have a tot, just a baby and two bigger kids, but one show that I really love is Little Bear. It is just so innocent and cute!

<span style="color:#993399"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Check out my Myspace!
[/i]
September 20th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What is little bear? what channel?
October 3rd, 2006, 11:28 AM
Barbi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Barbi
Quote:
What is little bear? what channel?[/b]
Little Bear is on Noggin. My daughter watching that one.

Have any parents watched the Veggie Tales cartoon series on NBC? I read somewhere, cannot remember where that the creator was unhappy because NBC was trying to "remove God" from the VT series. I haven't seen when it is on to be sure. My daughter loves the movies and would hate it if this was true.

October 8th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
I don't have any kids yet , but i LOVE veggietales and arthur.
I used to like spongebob , but it seems to have a lot of weird humour and innuendo.

October 8th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just saw v Tales on NBC sat. morning. Didn't see any God references on the episode I saw.
October 8th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Super Mommy
I think the original owners sold out to a secular company, so maybe that's why they've taken the secular route. Kinda sad, I really like Veggie Tales.

Little Bear is an awesome cartoon about a bear that lives with his mom and dad in the woods (they live in a real house, and have modern conveniences). He has friends that live in the woods, like owl and duck. They play and learn, and there's never really any major conflict or problems, it's just good-natured fun. I think it used to be on Nickelodeon, but I haven't seen it on tv in a long time. The author is Maurice Sendak, who is a famous children's author.

<span style="color:#993399"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Check out my Myspace!
[/i]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search