Do you pray with your toddlers?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you make them say prayers before bedtime?

I'm not sure at just over 2 that he grasps the concept and I'm not that good at it but if I put him to sleep then I say prayers and he listens and sometimes will say amen when I am done.
<div align="center"></div>
September 16th, 2006, 05:22 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Do you make them say prayers before bedtime?

I'm not sure at just over 2 that he grasps the concept and I'm not that good at it but if I put him to sleep then I say prayers and he listens and sometimes will say amen when I am done.[/b]
Bedtime has been really hectic and we haven't gotten to do what we call, "Family Time" much, so diner time is when all the kids pray. They take turns, I always serve the food hot so that it's not too cold by the time they are done praying and we can eat

</div>
September 16th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Right now Xander is just starting to catch the grasp of it. Like when he gets hurt we ask God to make him feel better. Or at night when it's bed time we pray for everyone in our family and ask that God take care of him in the dark. Xander just recently got this fear of the dark and the praying about it with him seemed to help. And I also told him that God created the dark so we have nothing to fear from it. It's amazing how this little three year old mind can grasp something like that.
September 16th, 2006, 08:06 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We also pray at meals and before bed with Ty. Like Jenny said, it has helped her fear of the dark. We pray for Jesus to help her have good dreams and help her not to be scared. If I happen to forget the part about not being scared, she sure reminds me! We also ask God to bless our family and thank Him for what we have. I think it's NEVER too soon to start teaching them to pray.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 17th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Aiden is not quite 1 but we always pray with him at bedtime. He actually won't settle unless we pray with him. Which is nice, I think. When my parents were here a few weeks ago, they would pray with him before meals but that is something that I never thought of. Probably because he will scream and cry and fuss if there is food in front of him and he can't eat it!!

September 17th, 2006, 09:24 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
We pray with Trevor all of the time. He prays most of the time over our meals. He will think about people during the day and want to pray for them.

With Jalynn, I'm not very consisten with praying with her before I feed her...I know I should be though. If we start them young, then it will be a normal thing for her. I don't want to start when she turns 4.

I want my kids to see me praying as well. Not just over the food, or at bedtime.

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search