New here!

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2006, 07:39 AM
lcp2005mlc
Hello ladies! My name is Misty and I'm 19 years old. I've been married to my husband, Chad, since July 30th, 2006 and we have one son, Rylin Edward, who was born on January 19th, 2006 - his daddy's 21st birthday! We've been going to church for a while now and yesterday we were saved!! We were going to get baptised last night but it was such a short notice that none of our family was going to be able to attend so we rescheduled it for next Sunday. I hope to be around your board more often!!
September 25th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
THAT'S WONDERFUL! This is such great news! Welcome to this board. The ladies are wonderful and very supportive!
September 25th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
HOW WONDERFUL! This is such awesome news. I was feeling kinda down today until I read this!!

My name is Jerusha, I am one of the hosts here. I hope that you post often, this board is getting more and more active every day and there are lots of nice ladies here!

September 25th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is really wonderful. Welcome and how joyful you must feel.
Blessings to you!
<div align="center"></div>
September 25th, 2006, 11:42 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
welcome to the family of God!
Your life will never be the same again. Slowly, your life will change. Your decisions will be different and just the way you think will be totally different!

welcome to CP

September 25th, 2006, 01:55 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I LOVE hearing when people get saved!!!! Tell us more about it!

I'm Heather, wife to Michael of 5 1/2 years. Mother to Trevor who is 4 1/2, and Jalynn who will be 1 next month.

Last Sunday, Sept. 17 was 11 years since I got saved! I promise you...you will never regret it!

Welcome to this board, and to our Family!

<div align="center"></div>
September 25th, 2006, 03:59 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Misty! We're so glad to have you here and now a part of our family! I'm Stacey.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 28th, 2006, 05:48 AM
lcp2005mlc
Quote:
THAT'S WONDERFUL! This is such great news! Welcome to this board. The ladies are wonderful and very supportive![/b]
Thank you! I'm excited to get to know everybody!!

Quote:
HOW WONDERFUL! This is such awesome news. I was feeling kinda down today until I read this!! My name is Jerusha, I am one of the hosts here. I hope that you post often, this board is getting more and more active every day and there are lots of nice ladies here! [/b]
Thanks! I believe I've seen you around JM on a couple of the other forums

Quote:
That is really wonderful. Welcome and how joyful you must feel.
Blessings to you![/b]
Thank you!!

Quote:
welcome to the family of God!
Your life will never be the same again. Slowly, your life will change. Your decisions will be different and just the way you think will be totally different! welcome to CP [/b]
Thank you!! I cant wait for everything to change and become so much better!!

Quote:
I LOVE hearing when people get saved!!!! Tell us more about it! I'm Heather, wife to Michael of 5 1/2 years. Mother to Trevor who is 4 1/2, and Jalynn who will be 1 next month. Last Sunday, Sept. 17 was 11 years since I got saved! I promise you...you will never regret it! Welcome to this board, and to our Family![/b]
Thanks! Congratulations on having been saved for 11 years! That's AWESOME!!

Let's see...

I went to church with my two older sisters when I was little but never with my parents. We moved around a lot and we didnt really go to church then. I got back into church when I was in 7th grade, I believe. I went to a Pentacostal Church with some of my cousins for close to a year but eventually quit. In high school, probably 11th & 12th grades [I graduated in 2005] my friends would always invite me to church with them but I never went. I met my DH, Chad, in 11th grade and we started dating. I wanted to go to church and we talked about it - just never did it. So, one day after Rylin was born he finally asked me if I wanted to start going to the church he went to with his mamaw when he was little and I jumped on the chance! The people there are really nice and I like the church a lot! The two of us have been wanting to get saved and baptised for a while now but I guess we were kinda scared. I dont know why... I guess it just wasnt our time, if that makes sense. Every Sunday after church though, the Preacher's wife would always be like "I wish you would be baptised..." and I would just kinda smile and turn my head. I wasnt meaning to be rude, but I felt like she was trying to push us into it when it wasnt her place. I understand being a light for somebody but not just saying the same thing over and over when you talk and making that person feel bad. So, anyway. Saturday night laying in bed, we were talking about how Sunday was going to be 2 and a half years since we'd been together. We got quiet and I got to thinking that it'd be awesome if we got saved that day and so I asked Chad if he wanted to and he said 'If you want to, then yeah!' So we were all excited and couldnt wait. We went to church and the whole time we were just waiting for them to sing the last song, which was the Invitation. As soon as they started singing, we got out of the pew and walked up to the front of the church to be with the Preacher. So, they stopped singing and the Preacher was talking to us and the Church members. He asked us if we believed if Jesus died for us and then had us repeat after him. Afterwards, he told us to stand there and let all the Church members come up and talk to us so everybody was telling us congratulations and they were proud of us. Afterwards, they showed us how to walk to the bapistry [I think I spelled that wrong] and hold onto his arms and stuff b/c we thought we were going to baptised that day - but turns out, we had to reschedule b/c it was too soon of a notice for our family to come & we REALLY want them to be there. So we told our families and my oldest sister started to cry saying "Praise the Lord!" b/c she's been praying for all of us for a long time b/c she's been saved & baptised for a little over 2 years. And, yeah. That's our story! I'm so excited to get stronger and for me and Chad to bring Rylin up right!

Quote:
Welcome Misty! We're so glad to have you here and now a part of our family! I'm Stacey.[/b]
Thank you!!
September 29th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search