Asking for your prayers

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2006, 12:16 PM
HannahG's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HannahG Send a message via MSN to HannahG
How's it going everyone? I'm popping in from the Feb DDC. So things have really sucked lateley for DH and I the past couple months. It seems like everytime we take a step forward and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it caves in and we're forced to take 6 steps backwards. We are a young couple, I'm 20 and DH is 24. We have been married for almost 2 years and are expecting our little boy soon.

Back in the beginning of August, DH was mugged right after cashing his paycheck and so we were out about $2000 that we'll never see again. We didn't give up after that though, we kept trying and trying, we were living with some friends in an apartment and looking for a place of our own. My mom saw an ad in her HERO (Happily Educating R Own) newsletter that get gets, saying that this homeschool family had a nice 3bd 2ba house for $900/month no credit check or anything so we go look at the house and fell in love with it. It's was perfect.

We didn't have all the money to move in all at once so DH's boss and DH worked out a deal where his boss would loan us $1800 to move in and he would take $250 out of my hubby's paychecks every two weeks. The agreement was that we would sign the title of our car over to him so that way, if we didn't pay him back by such and such a time, he could keep our car.

The day before we were supposed to move in, DH and I go outside to go to my appointment at my new OB and our car is gone. Someone stole it. That was about 3 weeks ago and they still haven't found it. So we've accepted that we're going to have to get a new vehicle at some point before this baby comes but we just can't afford it right now. We are living paycheck and paycheck and we're driving one of my parents cars for the time being.

My husband called me on Thursday when I was on my way home from work and told me that his boss fired him and is refusing to give him his last paycheck because we owe him money. My husband worked his rear end off for this guy, he even went in all this week when he was sick with the flu and I made him stay home on Wednesday cause I was really worried about his health. He had over 60 hours from last week alone!! And his boss says he's not going to see a dime of that money!! I couldn't believe it! We're currently working on taking him to court because he cannot legally keep his money cause the loan was personal and based on collateral but that's another story.

DH was supposed to start work for a landscaping company on Monday but the guy called him up today and said that he won't be needing him for another 2 weeks. We only have my paycheck to live off of for now and it's not nearly enough to pay rent and utilities and doctors fees (I don't have insurance and don't qualify for state help) and food. I just don't know what we're going to do. I keep telling myself "5 barley loaves and 2 fishes" but it's just so hard to have faith that everything will all work out when every time I turn around something else happens.

Can you guys please pray that DH would find a good job that pays enough to cover everything we have to pay for and that a safe reliable vehicle comes around before our baby is born? As it is, I've stopped going to the doctor for my prenatal care because I can no longer afford it. Please pray that something for once works out, or a nice family comes along that can adopt my baby? Not for my sake or for my husband's sake but for this little one that I have inside of me? He doesn't deserve to live like this. Thanks.
September 30th, 2006, 12:40 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
How's it going everyone? I'm popping in from the Feb DDC. So things have really sucked lateley for DH and I the past couple months. It seems like everytime we take a step forward and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it caves in and we're forced to take 6 steps backwards. We are a young couple, I'm 20 and DH is 24. We have been married for almost 2 years and are expecting our little boy soon.

Back in the beginning of August, DH was mugged right after cashing his paycheck and so we were out about $2000 that we'll never see again. We didn't give up after that though, we kept trying and trying, we were living with some friends in an apartment and looking for a place of our own. My mom saw an ad in her HERO (Happily Educating R Own) newsletter that get gets, saying that this homeschool family had a nice 3bd 2ba house for $900/month no credit check or anything so we go look at the house and fell in love with it. It's was perfect.

We didn't have all the money to move in all at once so DH's boss and DH worked out a deal where his boss would loan us $1800 to move in and he would take $250 out of my hubby's paychecks every two weeks. The agreement was that we would sign the title of our car over to him so that way, if we didn't pay him back by such and such a time, he could keep our car.

The day before we were supposed to move in, DH and I go outside to go to my appointment at my new OB and our car is gone. Someone stole it. That was about 3 weeks ago and they still haven't found it. So we've accepted that we're going to have to get a new vehicle at some point before this baby comes but we just can't afford it right now. We are living paycheck and paycheck and we're driving one of my parents cars for the time being.

My husband called me on Thursday when I was on my way home from work and told me that his boss fired him and is refusing to give him his last paycheck because we owe him money. My husband worked his rear end off for this guy, he even went in all this week when he was sick with the flu and I made him stay home on Wednesday cause I was really worried about his health. He had over 60 hours from last week alone!! And his boss says he's not going to see a dime of that money!! I couldn't believe it! We're currently working on taking him to court because he cannot legally keep his money cause the loan was personal and based on collateral but that's another story.

DH was supposed to start work for a landscaping company on Monday but the guy called him up today and said that he won't be needing him for another 2 weeks. We only have my paycheck to live off of for now and it's not nearly enough to pay rent and utilities and doctors fees (I don't have insurance and don't qualify for state help) and food. I just don't know what we're going to do. I keep telling myself "5 barley loaves and 2 fishes" but it's just so hard to have faith that everything will all work out when every time I turn around something else happens.

Can you guys please pray that DH would find a good job that pays enough to cover everything we have to pay for and that a safe reliable vehicle comes around before our baby is born? As it is, I've stopped going to the doctor for my prenatal care because I can no longer afford it. Please pray that something for once works out, or a nice family comes along that can adopt my baby? Not for my sake or for my husband's sake but for this little one that I have inside of me? He doesn't deserve to live like this. Thanks.[/b]
I don't even know where to start. If you literally can't afford rent, food, prenatal visits, etc. you should qualify for assistance. What type of assistance were you denied? Also, call you local WIC office and get on that, they will help you with food, prenatal, and help you get plugged into other assitance programs that you certainly qualify for. I'm praying that you and your dh will get back on your feet and not need such programs quickly.

</div>
September 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I don't qualify for health insurance because i make $215 over the limit and I can't get my hours cut cause I need that money. I really appreciate your prayers
September 30th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you sit down with your DH and really pray to God to offer you guidance and comfort through this situation? He WILL come through for you if you let him and he will answer you.

You should be eligible for some type of assistance if your money is that low. At least, you should be able to come up with assistance or a payment plan so you can keep up with your prenatal appts. Have you spoken with your Dr.s office about this?

Call your parents or his parents. You need to keep going to your prenatal appts. That is so important. You can ask your church for guidance as well. If you don't belong to a church, ask a friend or relative and go to their church, or walk into a Christian church in your area. There are people there who will pray with you and help you.

May God give you peace, comfort and guidance through this difficult time in your lives. May he show you his mercy and his grace to help you and your unborn baby.

Blessings.
<div align="center"></div>
October 1st, 2006, 12:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sooo, sooo sorry you have to go through this. The month before Xander was born my husband was laid off. Times were really, really hard for us. I remember at church during that time our pastor gave a sermon on peaks and valleys. It was exactly what we needed. It reminded us that these hard times aren't around to stay. And there's always an end of the valley. Remember that God is with you... He'll take care of you. He did with us. I know what you're going through if you need to just talk or whatever give me a PM. I would look into WIC. Also talk to your landlords... maybe they can be a little understanding on the rent.

Know that you're in my prayers and we're all here to give you support.
October 1st, 2006, 05:26 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I will be praying. I know how hard it is to have limited income and to live paycheck to paycheck because that is where we are right now. We don't own a car because it was just costing us way too much and we were getting stressed and in the hole and we decided it wasn'ta godly use of our money. We do it with a 11 month old, and when we sold the car he was 4 months. It's possible...not fun, but it can be done.

xoxoxoxo

October 2nd, 2006, 09:13 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
first off, now that your dh lost his job and such. you should atleast be able to quailfy for WIC. I would make sure this week to go back and see what they can help you with....
please don't stop your appointments. your health is at risk along with your baby....
(((HUGS)))
praying for you

October 3rd, 2006, 12:59 PM
ladybgg
You should definately qualify for WIC- at least. I would try to talk to your OB about your situation. If it is a good doctor, they will work this out with you. In the meantime, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY! Christ is the ONLY way to get you out of these holes....believe me- I know. I AM praying for you. Please know that.
October 4th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Just wanted to come back and give you gals an update. His boss called him on Monday morning and told him that he can come and pick up his paycheck (his dad is a lawyer and told him that legally he can't keep his wages) and they worked out a deal with paying him back for the loan. Also, yesterday, he had an interview at my dad's work as a maintenence guy and they hired him on the spot! He starts tomorrow morning. I found a health care program that works on a sliding scale factor and I have an appointment with them tomorrow to see if we can work out something that is affordable. Thank you all for your prayers, God is good
October 4th, 2006, 10:51 AM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
god works wonders. he is so so amazing. i read all of the posts before i got to the last one and just really prayed for you, and look what happened. how amazing is that? i am not going directly what you are going through but you have opened my eyes even more to see the wonderful powers of the lord.

</div><div align="center">

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search