I know a family that could

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
Please pray for the Evans family. My husband's family, and the Evans family are very close. The kids are all like brothers and sisters.

Carl and Dean Evans live in FL. They are head of the Rock of Ages prison ministry in Florida. They have two teenage sons who live with them. Their hometown is GA, and when they moved, their daughter who is now 25, stayed there. She had her own life going on. Not married yet, and no children. She was just doing her own thing, and didn't move with them.

Mrs. Dean got a phone call from a church friend in Georgia yesterday. Their daughter, Chris Leigh, was killed in a car accident. While on her way to work, she was text messaging a friend, and ran a stop sign. A log truck was unable to stop. And Chris Leigh was killed instantly.

The Evans then had to drive to Georgia, with the death of their daughter on their mind.

It's just horrible!

My husband, who is not an emotional person, he cries everytime we talk about it. Please pray for him, he is a pallbearer and will be driving to GA tomorrow.

I'm reminded of the verse James 4:14 - Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

I know that it's not for us to question why God has allowed this to happen. But you can't help but think that it's just not fair! I can't stop crying. It's just so sad!

Caleb, their son, emailed me today and said that Bro. Carl is taking it so hard. He said "he lost his baby girl"

I just cannot imagine!

Please pray for the Evans family. Thank You

<div align="center"></div>
October 3rd, 2006, 07:17 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
how sad.
praying for the family

October 3rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
lcp2005mlc
I'll be praying for them!
October 4th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Barbi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Barbi
I will be praying for them.

October 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You got it.
October 4th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I will be praying for the family during this time of tragedy.

xoxoxox

And for your family, too.

October 5th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They're in my prayers also...
October 5th, 2006, 10:59 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
My DH left out yesterday to be at the viewing last night, and the funeral today. He is a pallbearer. He called me yesterday after he saw Chris, and he said that she looked like herself. I'm glad about that. A lot of times the morticians make them to look like someone they are not. Chris was a beautiful girl. I'll post a picture for you. She loved to be outside in the sun. They even have her sunglasses on top of her head, while in the casket. The funeral begins in 5 minutes. I wish I was there. Thank you all for your prayers!

Here she is. It's just unbelievable. A beautiful, only 25 year old girl is gone.

October 5th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I am so sorry for thier loss. She is so beautiful. xoxoxoxox

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search