New and needing some prayers and guidence

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
Hello everyone,

I'm Cindy and decided it was time to step up introduce myself as well as ask for prayers and guidence. My story is this...........I've always been faithful person, always turning to the lord when I felt there was no way out. He has done wonders in my life and I know he will continue too. My life has been a rough one from the time I can remember, the baby of a family of 3 a father who was a police officer working graveyards and a mother who worked during the day. I was constantly fighing with my mother, to the point we have i hate love relationship even to this day. The same relationship that she had with her own mother and my grandmother had with her mother and so on for generations and generations. I was a depressed preteen and teen and have spurts of depression now as an adult. which has only gotten worse when I found out I was Pregnant. Since my dating started I have been with men who are nothing but abusive....mainly emotionally, I even married a man who 6 months after we started dating cheated on me more times then i breath in a day, but I still married him in hopes of him changing. It didn't happen, he left me one nite and never returned leaving me with a pile of debt, and no roof over my head. Since the divorce I had gotten smart at choosing them men I dated.....thus leading to where I am now. after about 2 years of dating different men here and there my eyes got opened up to a man i had been friends with and shared not only past times in common and other things of the sort but his veiw of the lord was the same as mine....I was aww struck it was something i could never find a man who put his heart and trust into the lord like I did. I'm a firm believer in the footprints poem........when I am unable to do something I know the lord will help carry me thru it!! So he and I took our friendship to the next level.....only to find out after a month of dating I was carrying his child.....both he and I were/are amazed I tried for years with my Ex hubby to get pregnant with no sucess, and my DBF now had done the same with another women he was with before me, so we both figured we were unable to. well SUPRISE!!!! We were both nervous to tell our families as we are seen as the losers in the family. The ones that are nothing but trouble and going to be worhtless their whole lives. I told my family when a debt from my ex hubby caught up to me and got me thrown into jail for a weekend....long horriable story there.....I had just found out I was Preggers only 4 weeks along, and I had to call my parents for help. My parents didn't talk to me for months after I told them. We waited until I was 8 weeks along to tell his parents and they actually took it way better then we had thought. Anyway, After my Divorce I moved in with my grandfather in his 2 bedroom condo, which is where I am currently living. I've been trying to find a place more suitable for the baby and me as well as DBF. His job is horriable and he only works a few hours every couple of weeks and my income isn't enough to get a place. I make good money so I don't quilify for any kind of help. This is just one of my issues but my fingers and my carpel tunnel is killing me so to sum it all up.....I've seem to have lost my faith, I can't seem to stop worring about housing as well as a vehicle the fact that my family has sunned me and barely talk to, and that He's trying to get a better job so he can help but not really having any luck. I feel as if I'm alone in this and that I won't beable to make it. So I figured I was ask for your guys prayers so I can get my faith back and for any guidence you all might have for me. I'm terrified that I'm not going to make it and that my poor child is going to not get what she needs.

I need help.....Please lord help me!

October 4th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs, blessings and most of all, prayers to you and your baby.
Talk to Jesus. Ask him to take your life in his hands. Ask him to guide you and to make you his humble servant. He loves you and wants what is best for you. If you let him lead you, he will lead you.
<div align="center"></div>
October 4th, 2006, 07:43 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
first of all, (((HUGS)))
welcome to CP!

You need to confess and make God number 1 in your life. He will not answer your prayers or you will not receive blessings unless you are in a daily walk with Him. You need to read your Bible and pray thru out the day...
Ask God to help you with your faith...
I will pray for you

October 5th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I too will pray for you.

I agree with the others... pray and pull out your Bible. I always find comfort in it when I'm having a hard time and I seem to be loosing faith or I'm worried about something.

These are some of the ones I read the most...

Matthew 6:19-34
Psalms 27,37 139
Romans 8:1-30

And this verse I say a lot to myself when I'm really worried about something...

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteious fall." -Psalm 55:22
October 5th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have anything else to add to what the others already said, but I just wanted to say welcome.
October 6th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Thank you all for your prayers and guidence. It's really helped me as far as feeling better goes. I now know again that I will be ok! I've started reading my bible more, praying more often and mostly thanking the lord for what he has given me.....a job, a temporay home, SO's family for their support, and most of all a darling little girl growing inside of me.

Again thank you! and I can't wait till I can tell her all about the glory of god

October 6th, 2006, 01:11 PM
excitednewmom's Avatar Super Mommy
i just wanted to share my all time favorite verse with you. it's helped me through alot, and i pray you will also find comfort in it.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

While you may not see a way out of this, you can trust that God does! and it is through these really hard times, that we really learn who God is and how much He truly cares for us. He is always in control, and you are never out of his hands. You can also trust that as much as He loves you, He loves that beautiful baby you are carrying. I am also pregnant and whenever i catch myself worrying about her or our circumstance, i remind myself that God loves her as much as He loves me and He will take care of her and do what is best for her and me. I know He will do the same for you.
lots of (((hugs))), and welcome. you are in my prayers.....

October 6th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Quote:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11[/b]

Thank you!! it's the perfect reminder for me right now!!

October 9th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I agree with what the other ladies have said. If you want to recieve blessings from God, you need to actively seek out a relationship with him.

James 4:8, "Draw near to God and he will draw near to you."

Welcome to CP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search