Where is everybody?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since this poor board has been so slow, let's try to see what everyone is doing out there...
I hope everyone is doing well and counting blessings and thanking God for his grace and comfort.

I'm still posting away. Not too much morning sickness yet. Pretty tired but enjoying pg so far.
Still reading Philippians and trying to finish up Romans.

I want to start on the book of Esther but I want to finish one task before I tackle more...

Got my hair cut pretty short today. Love it! Feels so much better. So many ladies in church go to this gal.
I asked her if she has visited our church yet. She said, no, but if I did go to church, I would probably go there. I'll get to her!!! lol
<div align="center"></div>
October 11th, 2006, 09:01 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're right! This board has been soooooo slow lately! I think we need to liven it up somehow.....get some thought provoking questions going or something.

I've been doing really well. Everything is over with I think and I'm really glad to get back to normal. I took Ty to story time at the library yesterday and to her gymnastics class today. She loves it, but she's a wild child!! I hope she calms down soon and can listen to her teachers better soon. We went to church tonight but it was business meeting. We are going through the book of Revelation in Sunday School right now. I LOVE it! I'm actually ahead in my workbook b/c I can't wait to see what is coming next. It has been very interesting. We are pretty much taking it line by line. Tyrael and I are going to the park tomorrow with some other people and kids from church, so that should be fun. I hope the weather stays nice. It's been sunny the last couple of days, but it's definitely getting colder. No more short sleeves, I'm afraid.

I'm really looking forward to reading how the rest of you have been doing. I'm glad your pregnancy is going so well so far, Lynne. Wow, I can't believe you're actually already 6 weeks along.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 11th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
So nice to hear from you ladies! The board HAS been slow these past few days.

This past weekend was Thanksgiving here in Canada, and then Monday was our anniversary. We've been married for 2 years, yay! Steve and I took off after our family dinner and left Aiden with his grandparents. We went to a local shop where you can paint clay bisques - I did a mug and Steve did a Christmas ornament. They were ready early this week but we haven't picked them up yet, haven't had the chance!!

Tuesday was a busy day, and I don't really know why. I was cleaning around the house and played with Aiden for a bit. Then in the evening we had junior choir and then I was off to a Creative Memories meeting until about 10 p.m.

Today was the same, cleaning and cooking a meal for a lady in my church who just had a baby boy last week. When Steve got home from work we went shopping for a baby shower gift, and some Christmas gifts as well. We like to beat the Christmas rush as much as possible. Then we took Aiden out for his first dining out experience...McDonalds. Not something we are proud of, but we ordered him a grilled cheese with apple slices and milk, so at least it was a bit healthier than a cheeseburger and fries. We were ALL starved. We missed the bus because we didn't want to rush Aiden through his meal. By the time he was done, he was soaked from his milk running down his face and onto his clothes...so we went to the store and bought him a new outifit because we would now be walking home and it was starting to get chilly. We had a blanket under the stroller in the little compartment, so after he was changed into his cute new duds we wrapped him in a little blanket and it didn't take long before he was asleep. Steve and I had a nice chat on the way home...it was about an hour walk. Then we came home, watched a movie and he is asleep now. I can't sleep though, don't know why.

Tomorrow is bible study in the morning, can't wait to go. We are studying 1 John and it is really nice. We don't have babysitting services tomorrow, so it should be interesting. We have a girl who is in university who comes in between classes, but it is midterm week so she is going to be quite busy this week. So we will see how the study goes with the kids running around!

Sunday school class is going well. We are on to the 6th chapter already - bearing one another's burdens. I love the ladies in the class, they are all so open to sharing and down to earth so it really makes the study go smoothly. I love taking time to sit down and do the study each week before Sunday!

Wow, that is a big update...sorry!

October 11th, 2006, 10:36 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh, I hate it when I can't come on here often.

My life has been incredibly crazy lately.

With the loss of a dear friend of the family, and my DH going out of town for the funeral. And then my MIL who babysits for my SIL also went out of town for the funeral. So I had my niece and nephew for two days. Then on Friday my grandparents came in for Jalynns party and they stayed at our house. Then the party was Saturday, so I was busy busy busy. Of course Sunday was church. Which by the way was AWESOME! My SIL, who had been saved when she was 12, she was still in church, but one of those people who live like the devil during the week, and then come to church with a christian like attitude. It seriously drove me up the wall.

BUT, our pastor preached out of Hosea chapter 4. It was so good! He was talking about the sins of Israel, and how they had backslid, and how in verse 17 the bible says :Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.

Well, right then my SIL who was sitting next to me starts bawling. Then the pastor goes onto further into the book of Hosea, and talks about how the people came back to God, and they were forgiven.

As soon as invitation started, my SIL went to the alter with my MIL, and was just crying. She said, "I don't want God to leave me alone" She said she was tired of playing games, and so on. It was awesome! After church she went to my DH, her brother, and hugged him and was crying and saying how sorry she is for the stuff that she put us through last year.

Last year, she was really bad into drinking and partying. She neglected her kids a lot, and many times, we were stuck keeping them.

Now, all she talks about is God, and how much she wants to serve Him.

It's so exciting!

So that's what has been going on. Now, this Sunday afternoon, I'm doing a baby shower for my other SIL, and then I'm on the organizing committee for our church fall festival, which is Oct. 28th!

Yeah, It's crazy, but I love it!

<div align="center"></div>
October 12th, 2006, 10:43 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I have been really busy these past couple of weeks.
My ds currently has chicken pox. We are doing all of his school work during the day.
nothing planned this weekend because of ds.
Next week is going to be really busy. Soccer tournaments start next weekend. Then my sunday school class is going to a play about the judgement. Fall festivals at school, etc......

personally, things are going great at home. Just doing the basic housecleaning/sahm duties...
sorry I haven't been posting on the board lately. Just really busy...

October 12th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
These past two weeks just haven't been the greatest for me and I haven't really wanted to go on the boards much. I've been feeling really burned out lately. I feel like I'm taking on too much sometimes. Homeschooling Xander has been taking up most of my time. I didn't realize the sheer work it would take me to do it the way I want to do it. Not to mention keeping the house in order. Mark has been great... helping me out when he gets a chance. Which these past two weeks he has had a lot of time as work is slow. Just another stressful thing in my life... money has been tight. And we have to start looking for a new house this month because our lease is almost up. That means... I'll have to deal with a move on top of everything else. Not to mention I'm scared out of my mind that I'm pregnant. It's only been about 2 and a half months since Aiden has been born. My body and mind can't deal with that right now. Not to mention I've been trying to loose a little weight. (Well on that front... I did loose 5lbs this last week). Not to mention about a million other worries going though my head, that I just don't want to talk about now.

Sorry if that was all over the place... it felt good to get some of it out.
October 12th, 2006, 03:37 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, Jenny, you poor thing! Take a break if you need to! You just had a baby for heaven's sake. I know how it is to be overwhelmed, but I only have one child and you have 3! I hope things settle down for you soon. You will definitely be in my prayers. Are you late on your cycle? Is that why you think you might be pregnant? Man, I hope everything works out for you. I know it will.....you are God's special child and remember, you are in his hands. Keep us updated, okay.....and let us know if we can help you in any way.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 13th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your prayers Stacey.

Might be tmi... sorry in advance
To answer the whole pregnant question. I'm breastfeeding and haven't started my cycle yet. But with Xander and Lucas I didn't get a break from having my period. I had maybe a month off at the most. So about a week ago I started getting symtoms that I was getting it. I was having cravings for chocolate, I was a little moody and I was starting to cramp a little. I was kind of happy cuz I didn't have to worry anymore if I was pregnant. Well last thursday I spotted a little and I figured hey its here. Well that's all it was... was spotting. That's exactly how I found out I was pregnant with Lucas. I thought I got my period but it was just spotting. I also spotted slightly on Monday... but that's it. And now I've started feeling a little queezy at times. I'm just hoping it's my body just getting back in order.

I could really use all the prayers I can get ladies. Things still haven't calmed down for me really. However the DH has a full work week next week so that's on the plus side.

I'll keep you guys posted!
October 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
aww, sound like you have a lot going on right now!!

My life is just normal busy right now. I am starting Junior Choir on the 23rd, and on our monday night bible study we are doing a Beth Moore book called "a heart like His" (about David). I am learning a lot, and really enjoying it. We missed last monday because of thanksgiving, so I am looking forward to going again on monday. I am also helping in the planning and organizing our sunday school christmas program.
I got a new washer and dryer yesterday, and dh hooked them up this morning and I LOVE IT. It's a huge front load one, just the thing I need with the volume of laundry I have with 7 people.
Things are pretty terrific here right now,there's little things that happen but we are so very blessed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search