Asking for intercessory prayer

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some of you probably know what I have already written about my sister. She is pregnant, had some bleeding, and then everything seems to be fine. This is not what my prayer request is about. A couple of months back, I wrote to you guys about my sister getting saved. The pastor and his wife went over to her house and she told them that she didn't think that her conversion experience when she was a child was for real. They prayed with her to make her salvation sure and everyone was so excited. She was coming to church and Wednesday nights and seemed to be making a change. She went on a trip with her husband, my mom, and step-dad to go see a football game out of town. Before she left, the pastor had the baptistry filled up and wanted to baptize her that Sunday. She told him she would be out of town and he said, well, okay, the next week then. She agreed (this conversation took place before we ate our Wednesday night meal). At the Wednesday night service, he brought her forward and had her tell what had happened to her and he said, "she's going out of town, but we'll talk when she gets back and see about getting her baptized". This is what my husband said he said and also the pastor said he said, but I don't remember that. Anways, she went on the trip and the following Sunday, she shows up to be baptized and he says, "be sure and call me when you want to be baptized." as we're walking in to the service. She stood there with a stunned look on her face and said, "I thought I was getting baptized today." He said, "no, I told you to call me". It was akward to say the least. We went and sat down and my sister started crying. Since then, she hasn't stepped foot in the church. Needless to say, she is mad and hurt and won't take the pastor's phone calls. I tried to talk to her about it right after it happened and explain to her that it was just a misunderstanding, but she's not having it. This all happened a couple of months ago and I don't know what to do, other than pray for her. I know that Satan LOVES for these things to happen and helps them along. When my husband called the pastor to talk to him about it, he said the same thing.

You ladies know that I just lost a baby. It is so weird, but I am having a harder time with this situation than I did after I lost my baby. I have so much peace about that. I know that my baby is with Jesus and he will be okay. On the other hand, I really don't know what's going to happen with my sister. I just can't understand why she would come to Christ after all this time and then he would let her slip away. I know that she has free-will and can choose her path, but this is so hard for me to take. My mom says I should leave her alone about it (my mom isn't a regular church-attender), and I kind of think that's best too. I don't want to badger her into coming back to church, but I really want her to be there too. The one time I tried to talk to her about it, I asked her, "don't you think you need to be baptized?" She said yes, but she didn't know if she still wanted to go to that church. I happen to know that if she doesn't come there, she won't go anywhere. My sister is not the type of person who will walk into a church with a bunch of people she doesn't know and start shaking people's hands. I pray for her all the time and I know this is a spiritual war. I just thought maybe you guys could help me out. I know it's God's will for her to be in church, so I'll just keep praying.

Thanks, girls.....I know this is kind of a ramble, but I had to get it all out and wanted to see if you would pray for her too.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 23rd, 2006, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
*Hugs* I'll keep her in my prayers... I know stuff like this can be tough. It's even harder when it's a family member we love so much.
October 23rd, 2006, 10:28 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
((HUGS))

keeping your sister in my prayers

October 24th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I am so sorry to hear that your sister is going through this. Sometimes misunderstandings can hurt, especially ones like this. I hope and pray that things will change. xoxox

October 26th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You are not rambling. I am sorry this happened. I can actually relate a little to her aversion after the pastor did that. That is weird to me, but maybe she can get over the hurt and move forward. Maybe the pastor can write her a letter??

I will pray that you find peace and that she finds her way to forgive and move forward with the Lord.
<div align="center"></div>
October 27th, 2006, 07:24 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great idea about the letter, Lynne!! I will have to give him the idea. I think that's fantastic.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search