Book Bible Study

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Just wondering if any of you would be interested in going through a book Bible study together. We could decide on a book, all purchase the book, and we could start a sticky or a subforum for it. What do you think?

October 25th, 2006, 08:15 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oooooh! I think that's a great idea. I would love to get involved in that.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 25th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Anyone else??

October 26th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Veteran
Hi, I have only recently been reading your forum and would also be very interested.

Great idea!
October 26th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd be interested too!
October 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I would be interested too. I would need atleast 2 weeks ahead of time so I can get the book from the library. I don't buy books

October 27th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I have heard that Beth Moore is wonderful. I'm not saying we have to do her, but it's just a suggestion. I don't know if you already had something in mind, Rusha.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 27th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Veteran
A close friend of mine has also recommended Beth Moore! She's even gone out of town to hear her speak.
October 27th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Hmmm...it must be a Baptist thing, Stephanie. I'm Baptist too! I have heard a lot about her lately and she was just in Salt Lake City. A few ladies from our church went to see her and said she was soooooo good.

~Stacey

October 27th, 2006, 07:09 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
another one who wants to try Beth Moore

October 28th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Beth Moore it is! I must admit, I had never heard of her before, so I had to google her!

I am interested in reading A Heart Like His.

Is everyone okay with this, or is there another title you would like to choose instead?

October 28th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never heard of her either... but I'd be interested too. I'm always looking for new authors.
October 29th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Beth Moore it is! I must admit, I had never heard of her before, so I had to google her!

I am interested in reading A Heart Like His.

Is everyone okay with this, or is there another title you would like to choose instead?[/b]

OKAY by me, but which one? When I went to Amazon.com and simply typed in "A Heart Like His" several titles by her came up.
October 29th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Hmmm...I don't know.
I think it is the book that touches on the life of King David.

October 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
I know I'm more of a lurker since I first posted, but I'd like to join to do a Bible Study.

October 30th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not baptist, but LOVE Beth Moore. This spring we did the fruit of the Spirit, and right now our small group is doing "A heart like His" (funny that it should come up in here). We just finished week 5 tonight, and I am totally loving it, I have learned so much these last few weeks.
It's actually a work book with a video series. (that's how most of her studies are), but I am sure that you could just do the book, but it's a commitment, it has homework 5 days a week, but extremely well worth the effort
October 31st, 2006, 04:01 AM
Veteran
Quote:
I'm not baptist, but LOVE Beth Moore. This spring we did the fruit of the Spirit, and right now our small group is doing "A heart like His" (funny that it should come up in here). We just finished week 5 tonight, and I am totally loving it, I have learned so much these last few weeks.
It's actually a work book with a video series. (that's how most of her studies are), but I am sure that you could just do the book, but it's a commitment, it has homework 5 days a week, but extremely well worth the effort [/b]
Are you planning on participating with us, at least in the forum as we go about it?
October 31st, 2006, 06:39 AM
Oh, yes! Please do join us for the commentary, 5in2005!! It would be great to get your insight! As for the homework part, that will actually be really good for me to keep me in my Bible daily. I am so far ahead in my Revelation study for Sunday School. I don't have anything to do right now.

Yes, Babydust07, please join us!! We need all the input we can get when we start the commentary about what we are learning. I'm getting so excited about this!

~Stacey

October 31st, 2006, 09:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would most definetly participate in the forum! I'm always wanting to hear new perspectives, and learn new things I may not have caught my attention the first time.
November 1st, 2006, 08:37 AM
I am so glad we have so many responses. Let's all go out and buy/borrow the book A Heart Like His by Beth Moore by the 17th of November (that's a little over 2 weeks, I hope this is enough time) and have the first segment read by November 25th. Does this sound alright?

Oh, that's the book:

A Heart Like His: Seeking the Heart of God Through a Study of David by Beth Moore (1996).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search