dr appt today

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2006, 10:13 AM
excitednewmom's Avatar Super Mommy
okay, so i haven't mentioned this before, but seeing as though it seems to be getting worse, and i am seeing my dr. today, i thought i would let you ladies in on what's going on....

PAIN! LOTS OF PAIN!! down low, feels like it's my pubic bone/cervix, or something. it's always uncomfortable, but when i stand, sit, put more weight on one leg (eg. putting on pants, getting in the car), walk excessively, climb stairs, roll over in bed, etc... it feels like someone is jabbing a knife through my pubic pone and into my hoo-ha. there are times the pain radiates to my hips and lower back. sometimes it is so bad, it stops me in my tracks.

i've done some "googling", and i think it is just the hormones that causes the muscles and joints to relax just overdoing their job. i've not mentioned it before, b/c i just associated with normal pregnancy discomforts, but like i said before, the past few days it seems to be getting worse. i am not worried about maggie, i don't think it is affecting her at all (if judging by her movement ), but i am interested to see what my doc has to say about it and if there is anything she can do, or if i just have to "grin and bear it"......i know it's not the biggest deal, but any positive thoughts and prayers sent this way would definitely be appreciated.

i go in at 2:50, and i won't be back to work until the morning. if i get a chance at home, i will let you know what she says, if not, i will update in the morning.....

thanks ladies......

October 26th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like my niece. She felt like the baby was going to come out at any moment. She ended up being induced because she was 8 days late!!!!

I hope everything goes ok for you and it is nothing to worry about.
<div align="center"></div>
October 26th, 2006, 12:06 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
((HUGS))
sorry you are in such pain.
hope everything goes well at the appointment

October 27th, 2006, 07:32 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Sorry about all the pain!! That sounds horrible. I hope you have a good appt. Keep us updated.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 27th, 2006, 09:42 AM
excitednewmom's Avatar Super Mommy
update:
okay, so i was right. all the pain is caused by my hormones doing their job just a little too well. it has caused the muscle between my pelvic bones to loosen up too much and therefore causes my pelvic bones to move. they move and rub on the muscle which then causes it to become inflammed, hince all of the intense PAIN! there is really nothing i can do about it, other than try to keep everything as lined up as possible (pillow inbetween legs when laying down, pillow under tummy, sitting up as straight as possible...etc...), so i keep my pelvic bones as still as possible. but when even walking makes them move, it is hard to keep them still.....so needless to say the next 9-10 weeks are going to be long ones, but i know in the end it will all be worth it. thanks ladies for all the prayers and positive thoughts hope everyone is doing well

October 27th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ick... that must be really uncomfortable. I'll keep you in my prayers to help you get through these next few weeks. It'll all be over soon and you'll be able to hold her in your arms. Just think of that and it'll help you get through these weeks
October 27th, 2006, 02:16 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww....you poor thing! That must be aweful. I hope the pain will subside somewhat.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 28th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Ooo, I had that problem too.

Do you have one of those big exercise balls? I used to call them "birthing balls." Anyways, when I was about as far along as you are I needed to buy one. I sat on it constantly and it provided me SO MUCH RELIEF. I reccomend one so much, I hope you can get one you will feel so much better.

xoxoxooxox

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search