someone help me understand

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2006, 06:32 PM
duvalbabey904's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to duvalbabey904 Send a message via Yahoo to duvalbabey904
i just got through with the biggest crying fit i've had in a long time. i was hysterical. so my mom just got off the phone with my grandma, and she was telling her about a phrophet (nameably- joel rosenberg) who said that america will be blown up by a nuclear bomb in 3 years (from the middle east of course) and everyone will DIE even before jesus comes back. OH! and since he's jewish, he gets to flee to israel to be safe, and we die. wow. so he tells us this to send us into a panic...or to throw it in our faces that he wont die or something...i dont know. I DONT UNDERSTAND. i just had my son 4 months ago and he is an INNOCENT child. there are so many innocent children who will suffer/die as a result of this. WHAT A MERCIFUL GOD WE SERVE. i'm sorry...i'm just a mess. anyone got anything to say about this??? my faith is definately being tested.

edited because i cant type.
October 26th, 2006, 06:55 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i just got through with the biggest crying fit i've had in a long time. i was hysterical. so my mom just got off the phone with my grandma, and she was telling her about a phrophet (nameably- joel rosenberg) who said that america will be blown up by a nuclear bomb in 3 years (from the middle east of course) and everyone will DIE even before jesus comes back. OH! and since he's jewish, he gets to flee to israel to be safe, and we die. wow. so he tells us this to send us into a panic...or to throw it in our faces that he wont die or something...i dont know. I DONT UNDERSTAND. i just had my son 4 months ago and he is an INNOCENT child. there are so many innocent children who will suffer/die as a result of this. WHAT A MERCIFUL GOD WE SERVE. i'm sorry...i'm just a mess. anyone got anything to say about this??? my faith is definately being tested.

edited because i cant type.[/b]
First of all, as far as I can tell, Joel Rosenburg is not a Prophet. He writes fictional novels about what he things could happen based on the prophesies provided us by the Bible. There is an important difference there.
Second, sure that's possible. If we are Christians hoping that we will have world peace, than we haven't read the Bible. There will never be peace in the middle east and the Bible makes no reference (again, as far as I have read) to a nation that could be America in the end times. Yes, it makes me afraid for my children- horribly afraid for them. All we can do is teach them the love of Jesus, and to teach them to know his Word. ((((hugs)))

</div>
October 26th, 2006, 07:14 PM
duvalbabey904's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to duvalbabey904 Send a message via Yahoo to duvalbabey904
Quote:
Quote:

edited because i cant type.[/b]
First of all, as far as I can tell, Joel Rosenburg is not a Prophet. He writes fictional novels about what he things could happen based on the prophesies provided us by the Bible. There is an important difference there.
Second, sure that's possible. If we are Christians hoping that we will have world peace, than we haven't read the Bible. There will never be peace in the middle east and the Bible makes no reference (again, as far as I have read) to a nation that could be America in the end times. Yes, it makes me afraid for my children- horribly afraid for them. All we can do is teach them the love of Jesus, and to teach them to know his Word. ((((hugs)))
[/b]
thank you so much for your reply. you definately calmed me down a bit. lol. i just feel like its not fair that we are happily and anxiously awaiting the return of our lord and savior, whom we love with all our hearts and serve....but instead, we get blown up. we dont get to experience the second coming. i mean...i guess in the long run it definately doesn't matter....but i just feel like its unfair. and after saying all this....i've realized it doesnt really matter. lol. i mean...we have to get to heaven some way right? i guess it doesn't really matter HOW we get there..just that we will get there. well...i hope rosenberg is wrong, anyway.
October 26th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
we as Christians already know the ending....the Bible is very explicit about those who serve and have accepted Christ are saved, and no where does it say that a bomb will interfere with the coming of Christ. There is going to be a lot of propagnada in these times, and just keep reminding yourself that no matter what, God is bigger than nuclear bombs and terrorists.

October 26th, 2006, 09:47 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I agree that he's not a prophet. Just keep in mind that while some things don't seem fair to us, GOD is in charge, and GOD is a fair judge. We have example after example in the Bible of entire nations being wiped out without them understanding why. Only in hindsight can we know why, and only in our OWN hindsight at the end of time will we know why things happen.

I'm reminded of something our preacher mentioned a week or two ago... for every child, there is a mother. Just as we would have grief for the loss of our own child, the mothers in the middle east do the same for the men they love. He brought up the verse (I don't have my Bible next to me... but it's in one of the Peters, I believe) that says, "God is not slack concerning His promise as some count slackness, but is longsuffering, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." Somewhere, there is a tender heart in need of God's word. If that someone is Bin Laden himself, then praise God. He's patient with all of us. There is still a lot of good in this world. I'm not afraid of death whether it comes from cancer or a bomb. If my death will help save another nation, so be it. I can't read God's mind.
October 27th, 2006, 07:41 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let me tell you something that I always keep in my heart about these kinds of things......no matter what happens in this life, Jesus has a firm hold on us and will take care of us. Now, I'm not saying that our lives will be perfect or that nothing bad will ever happen to us, but no matter what, He will be with us and carry us through. Please don't worry yourself over this. My suggestion would be for you to get into your Bible and learn about what will happen in the end times. We are doing a study of Revelation in Sunday School and I have learned so much from it and it actually comforts me. If we are faithful, God will provide. Let Him figure it all out (He already has, and it's a perfect plan).

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 27th, 2006, 08:11 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Let me tell you something that I always keep in my heart about these kinds of things......no matter what happens in this life, Jesus has a firm hold on us and will take care of us. Now, I'm not saying that our lives will be perfect or that nothing bad will ever happen to us, but no matter what, He will be with us and carry us through. Please don't worry yourself over this. My suggestion would be for you to get into your Bible and learn about what will happen in the end times. We are doing a study of Revelation in Sunday School and I have learned so much from it and it actually comforts me. If we are faithful, God will provide. Let Him figure it all out (He already has, and it's a perfect plan).[/b]

Reading this reminded me of what I often say (I know I've said it here too) to myself when I'm down or my kids (when they complain constantly); We're not in heaven yet! This not only changes my perspective about what ever I'm fretting about, but it also reminds me of the eternal hope we have in Jesus that goes so far beyond whatever goes our way here on earth.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search