It's time again for....

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2006, 09:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I need a refresher on everyone, it seems like there are all these new "faces". So go ahead and tell us a bit about yourself.

I'll start.......

My name is Linda, and I am 30. Dh and I are celebrating our 11th anniversary soon, and we have 5 daughters, they are 9,7,6,4 and 1, and we have a dairy farm. I'm a hairdresser by trade. In our church I teach sunday school, and do junior choir, and dh leads the boys group. That's about all I can come up with for now.
November 1st, 2006, 03:28 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Krista, 27 year old stay at home/homeschooler. We just recently moved to Virginial from Southern California where we were all born and raised, though we've thankfully already found a home church. I also run a Christian playgroup here. My children are Madison- 6, Anika- 4 and Corbin-2.

</div>
November 1st, 2006, 06:50 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I'm Chrystal - 30 - Ben is almost 1 year old. Dh is agnostic. We've been married 4 years. I'm a WAHM (virtual assistant ... mostly editing). I grew up in the church of Christ and was baptized at 15. We attend twice on sunday, ladies' class on tuesday, and bible study on wed night. We also have monthly small group meetings. (Dh doesn't come with us.) I used to teach children's Bible classes on Sunday/Wed whenever it was my turn in the teacher rotation. Since I'm coming to church alone with Ben, that's been put on hold. He'll be starting class at 18 mos (next summer), so I can go back to teaching then.
November 1st, 2006, 07:05 AM
Veteran
I am Stephanie, 33, an RN who works 6 evenings a month. My husband is Lodie, 34, an attorney. We've been married 5 years. Mollie is 17 months old and a sweet, precious, easy going toddler. We are also expecting #2 in June 2007.

Although saved as a child, I am a new christian, just learning all the basics of the Bible. We searched for a church to call our own when newly married, couldn't settle, I wasn't comfortable but then when Mollie was born we began attending the church my husband grew up in and we LOVE it. I am currently attending a women's Bible study that began at Genesis 1:1 and we are just going chapter to chapter, that's what I need. I have been amazed the the Bible is actually readable and that SO many, what we would call, "wordly" things happened way back then, but at the same time it's God's plan. I feel childish b/c my knowledge base has been virtually nil and all of this is so NEW to me!

Glad to have found your forum!
November 1st, 2006, 08:30 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I'm Jerusha, 24 (tomorrow), SAHM to Aiden who will be one on Saturday. I am married to Steve, he's a great hubby. I am a cohost here at Christian parenting!!

November 1st, 2006, 09:05 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Quote:
I am currently attending a women's Bible study that began at Genesis 1:1 and we are just going chapter to chapter, that's what I need.[/b]
Ask your church if they have "The ABC Curriculum" in their library. It's what our church uses. It's a cover-to-cover chronological study of the Bible in 3 years. Every class studies the same thing at the same time, but on an age-appropriate level, and there's a reading program at home as well. That way families can study together to prepare for the classes they'll attend at services.
November 1st, 2006, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm Lynne, 36, SAHM. Married for 9 years, son Owen is 2. We have an angel in heaven Macy, and a baby on the way due in June.
I attend women's bible study on Tuesdays and I am on our Worship team and help in the toddler room.
I have some MAJOR morning sickness and my son just cracks me up all day long.

I am a JM post a holic.
<div align="center"></div>
November 1st, 2006, 10:00 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I am Jaime, 28 yrs old, and married for 8.5 yrs old...
I have 2 kids, 2 cats, and 1 dog. I live in Ohio and am a baptist.LOL
I was saved as a teenager. I have been saved for almost 13 years.
I teach 4/5 year olds in children's church.

November 1st, 2006, 12:53 PM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
My name is Barb and I'm 32 years old. I'm a SAHM. Dh (Chris) and I have been married for 6 years. We have three angels in heaven and 1 on earth. Her name is Michelle and she is 17 months old. We have been trying for baby #2 for 14 months off and on. Dh and I host a Bible Study on thursdays and I work in the Toddler room. I also am on the Steering team for MOPS.

November 1st, 2006, 01:55 PM
excitednewmom's Avatar Super Mommy
my name is brandy (23) and dh is brian (26 almost 27). We met last summer, got engaged on Chrismas of last year, married Feb. 11, 2006 and got pregnant with our first in April!!! our little girl is due on Jan. 3, 2007. It has been a whirlwind year, but we are so incredibly blessed and could not be happier!!!!!

November 1st, 2006, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
my name is Jessica, I am 24 years old. My hubby's name is Jeremy and we have been married for 5 years. We have two boys, Ayden who is 2 1/2 years old, and Landyn who is 5 weeks old. I am a SAHM and also am working on making jewelery to sell. I am plugging away little by little to get a stash so I can start going around town here at craft sales and go to shops and adopt some counter space. We are working really hard at bringing our boys up to be mighty warriors for God, so I consider myself as having a "fulltime ministry" right here at home, lol, we have recently started to do memory verses with Ayden and daily bible studies.

November 1st, 2006, 02:59 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Stacey. I'm 27, have been married to Wes for 5 years, and we have a 2 1/2 year old little girl named Tyrael. She's soooo much fun and I love that I get to stay home with her while my husband works. I taught 4-6 grade Sunday School, but took a break this year. I also taught VBS this year (same age of kids). I take a rotation during worship service in the nursery. That is my only duty this year. We just lost a baby a month ago. We will start trying to get pregnant again as soon as my first AF comes.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I have got to remember to come here. I was so used to just going to my PR for over a year, that I don't think to come here everyday too.

Anyways, I'm Heather, 23. I've been married to DH 26, for 5 1/2 years. We have Trevor who is 4 1/2 and Jalynn who turned 1 on Oct. 10.

I've been saved for 11 years. I accepted Christ as my Savior on Sept. 17, 1995, and have never regretted the decision to follow Him!

My DH was saved in his early teens and was called to preach when he was 16. He has been preaching the word ever since. He goes into the Boot Camps and DYS as well as the Prisons. And of course any church that would have him come.

He is the Associate Pastor of a new church pioneered in March of this year. We've gone from just 24 our first service to running about 70 now on Sundays, and in the 50's on Wednesdays.

The Lord is blessing!

I teach the Teen Girls each Wednesday night. Origianl Girls for Christ (OGC)! I head up the Praise Team, and do other things when I'm asked. I think that it's so awesome to have a desire to serve HIM! For so many years after getting saved, and even after I was an adult and was married, I didn't have really a desire to work for the Lord. I just went to church and sat on the pew. But now, I just love doing things for His Glory and Honor.

<div align="center"></div>
November 1st, 2006, 08:09 PM
Veteran
"Ask your church if they have "The ABC Curriculum" in their library. It's what our church uses. It's a cover-to-cover chronological study of the Bible in 3 years. Every class studies the same thing at the same time, but on an age-appropriate level, and there's a reading program at home as well. That way families can study together to prepare for the classes they'll attend at services.
[/quote]

Thanks Bens Mom for the recommendation! I'll check in to it.

Stephanie
November 1st, 2006, 08:17 PM
Veteran
Quote:
my name is Jessica, I am 24 years old. My hubby's name is Jeremy and we have been married for 5 years. We have two boys, Ayden who is 2 1/2 years old, and Landyn who is 5 weeks old. I am a SAHM and also am working on making jewelery to sell. I am plugging away little by little to get a stash so I can start going around town here at craft sales and go to shops and adopt some counter space. We are working really hard at bringing our boys up to be mighty warriors for God, so I consider myself as having a "fulltime ministry" right here at home, lol, we have recently started to do memory verses with Ayden and daily bible studies.[/b]

Hey Jessica, I thought I'd share with you one idea and 2 web sites. I stared making Sterling Silver bracelets as a hobby and found a very affordable (free shipping on ALL orders) website artbeads.com. AND, I taught myself how to make soy candles.... from info on the internet. I taught a friend of mine how to make them too and she also makes jewelery.....well she does craft shows and sells WAY MORE candles than jewelery. (not to say YOU couldn't do well with jewelery!) The candle supply site I use is naturesgarden.com. If you are interested for any further info, feel free to let me know (the website, well both of them, may be a little overwhelming at first!).

Stephanie
November 2nd, 2006, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm Michelle. I'm 28. DH and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary in September. We've been together for 7 years. We have a beautiful daughter, Ally. I was raised baptist but at this point I'm not quite sure which denomination fits me best. I'm currently seeking a new church. I was baptized 2 years ago. I have been staying at home since May but will begin looking for a new job next month. My degree is in business administration. I'm really going to miss being at home with Ally. Oh, and my DH was raised baptist but has recently declared himself Agnostic.
November 6th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
Im Jeni, married to Rob for 9 years. Im 34, he is almost 32. We have 3 girls, Grace 6, Lily 3, and Felicity 1. We live in NC. I stay home with the girls and homeschool my oldest, and babysit a 2 yr old several days a week.

I was raised Catholic, but did not understand the importance of the idea of covenant and making that promise to follow Christ while in the church I grew up in. I got saved at a Petra concert in 1994. I have taught Sunday school, and have led the elementary grade choir at our church, but right now Im in adult choir and on the worship team. My husband has taken a few terms off teaching while working on his Masters at RTS seminary, but will be co-teaching a class about Christian worldview over the winter quarter at our church. We attend a Presbyterian PCA church.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search