Remembering the sabbath

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2006, 10:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What do you do on sundays? Do you go shopping? Do you do housework? Do you keep it a day of rest?

And I am not asking so I can judge anyone, this is not a salvation issue, but I am curious.
November 1st, 2006, 03:31 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
What do you do on sundays? Do you go shopping? Do you do housework? Do you keep it a day of rest?

And I am not asking so I can judge anyone, this is not a salvation issue, but I am curious.[/b]

Sundays are our days to regroup as a family. Dh works everyday of the week, for now, so he goes to work at 3 pm. We usually go to church Sunday morning from 9:30-12:30. Then we come home and have a big lunch and just hang out. There has been a time or two that I just didn't get a chance to go shopping during the week and I've gone on Sunday, but not often. I do all my cleaning during the week so that I don't have to worry about it on the weekend, but I of course clean up after our meals and such. I don't know how a Mom ever gets a day of "rest" lol, but we try and keep the day centered our Christ and being together.

</div>
November 1st, 2006, 06:47 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
The sabbath (saturday) was an old testament command, so we don't do anything in particular to remember it. Sunday (the Lord's day) is a day for Ben and I to attend services (twice), I get to take a nap because dh is home to watch Ben, and then I go back to work after Ben goes to bed that night.
November 1st, 2006, 06:56 AM
Veteran
We attend church in the AM and the PM but in the meantime it tends to be a kind of laid back family day. B/C my husband works a lot he often works on his at home "projects" for a bit on Sundays. My MIL would like to have a BIG family lunch on Sundays but b/c we go to an early service than them and then Mollie naps when we get home, it hasn't been successful lately.
November 1st, 2006, 10:03 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
We attend both morning and evening services. We usually take a nap.
I don't cook.LOL This is our day to eat out and my day of rest from being a SAHM.
I really try not to clean the house or do laundry on Sundays. Unless we really need something, I don't go grocery shopping...

November 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
We go to Sunday School and the Service. We sometimes order in or sometimes go out. I usually take a nap. Dh is home to watch Michelle. We don't have any pm service. Wish we did. We usually just stay home. Dh did have to work some Sundays due to overtime. It's nice to have him to go to Church with us.

November 1st, 2006, 08:02 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
We go to Sunday School and Sunday Morning Service. Our church currently does not have PM service on Sunday, but when we start, we'll be there. Also every 2nd and 4th Sunday night we go to the Rescue Mission and do a service there.

And the "day of rest", man, I sure don't feel rested on Sundays. It's probably the busiest day of the week for me. But it is definately a day, that as a family, we have set aside to go to the Lords House and worship Him.

I can't really "preach" against no working on Sundays, because we somtimes go eat to out after church, or go to the store. And if I was totally against working on Sundays at all, then I would be just as much sinning as the people that are working at the stores because I'm their to eat/shop.

In todays world people have to make so many sacrifices. Used to be shops closed on Sundays so people could attend church. Now, you can't hardly find a job that will let you off on Sundays, unless it's just an Office that's open Mon-Friday.

I think that if you're a Christian, and you HAVE to work at a job on Sundays, that you need to take some other time during the week and devote completely to the Lord.

<div align="center"></div>
November 2nd, 2006, 09:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
To me, it's each to their own, but I am surrounded by some people that have some pretty strong opinions both ways.

But I really think it is a great thing for us, to take a day of rest (although us moms never really get a day off). I am relieved that we don't work on sundays, because then hubby would be working all day every day. So it's great to have a day together no matter how busy he is, and to make time for our families.
November 5th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH works hard so Sunday I try to let him do what he wants.
We always go to church, this morning, we are being lazy at home and going to the 11am service, I don't have to work in the tot room or do worship team, so it's just church. We go with my DH's brothers family so we will probably go to lunch after church then come home.

After that, who knows.

No work though, probably nap and football for dh on TV.
<div align="center"></div>
November 6th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
we do try to not shop or go out to eat on sundays. I try to have a crockpot meal ready or we eat soup and sandwiches or easy stuff. After small group on sunday nights, we usually cook something together because we like to cook together.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search