I am kinda struggling right now......

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2004, 08:06 PM
alyssasmommy2001
I am really struggling with some things. I just don't see any compassion in the Christian community around here, and the only thing you see on TV is the extreme radical Christians, KWIM? Is there really any compassion left???? It really makes me sad to think there isn't. I try to be as compassionate as I can to others, and the ppl I know that are Christians say that it is incorrect for me to be so soft with ppl, and that is why the world is the way it is today. I totally believe in speaking the truth, but I think it should be done in a loving caring manner, not a "you're an evil rotten worthless sinner" manner. I just don't know anymore. I hear the Christian community preach and preach about God's love, but rarely do I see it exhibited. It is like they forget that God loves everyone, not just those who believe in him. The Bible teaches that when Jesus came here he was a humble servant. He didn't come down with a sword and spew anger at everyone and force them to live the way he wanted, so why is it that so many Christians do just that? They speak anger towards people, and want to force ppl to live by their beliefs. IMO, JESUS didn't do that when he was here, so how, me being just a human, do I have any right to do those things? But when I try to talk to other Christians about this, they just get angry with me and tell me that I shouldn't question. I just want some answers.
September 27th, 2004, 09:20 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
(((HUGS))) and prayers to you....

not everyone is like that...

I think the answers can be found in prayer and bible reading before trying to find it "worldly"...

Prayer should be the first step not the last step..
It is so hard to pray first sometimes. We are human and just want to try to fix it and pray last.

There are compassionate people out in this world... Find a loving, bible preaching church... I so wish you lived closer to me. You would love my church... such loving and caring individuals that would help others and go without....

I will pray for you...
All Christians go through the ups and downs of walking this path of the road..

Just know that if you need me, just pm or email me. I am here to lend a ear and listen... give advice if asked for it.

God bless you

September 27th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally agree with you. My husband even did a sermon not too long ago about speaking the truth sternly, but with love, like you said. There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling people that they are living wrong or sinning, but it should be done in love. That is how Jesus did it. He was not tolerant of sin, but he also did not condemn. It should also not be done with a high and mighty, I am better than you attitude. After all, we have all sinned. I personally think that we should use our own sinful experiences to teach others. I, personally, had pre-marital sex. I know I sinned, so how could I ever condemn someone else? I cannot condone their sin though. We should not let ourselves as Christians get so worried about offending people that we compromise our beliefs. I can let them know it is wrong, but I should also share my experience with them so they know they are not alone, tell them how it made me feel. Those are my feelings on this subject anyway. Personally, I go to a very compassionate church. I feel my church has a great balance. We do not submit to the world or compromise our beliefs, but we treat others with compassion. My church has its problems, but luckily, this is not one of them. I don't know if that helps or not, but that is how I feel.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search