I am so relieved and excited!!!

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took my daughter to the pediatrician today because I thought she may have strep-throat. My sister, my niece, and my mom all have it and they really only had a cough. It's really been going around here bad. Well, anyways, my daughter has asthma, although the peds won't call it that until she's 5 because there are no tests for toddlers to see if they really have it. She has had a cough for over a month. It was so bad last night. She coughed all night long. Her asthma doesn't show up as wheezing.....it is only a cough (mainly at night and when she runs around). Well, the doctor we saw today said she had the exact same kind when she was a kid and remembers how horrible it can be. She said these kids get overlooked and misdiagnosed all too often. The persistent cough really is wheezing, but you just can't hear it. She said she had it all her life and it was never diagnosed until she was 16 years old. How aweful is that?? Well anyways, up until now, we have just used a nebulizer to give my daughter breathing treatments, but we were having to use it way too much last winter. Since my daughter is now 2, the doctor said we can now try Singulair (which is a daily tablet to regulate it better). I am so so glad. I was having to take her in to the doctor about once every month and a half last winter to get her meds for the nebulizer refilled because we had to use them so much. They are very expensive too! This is going to be so much better. Say a prayer that it works. This will make our lives so much better. We have been through everthing before they finally figured out what was wrong with her. They told us it was just a cold first, then walking pneumonia, (with 2 rounds of antibiotics) before they got it right. Hallelujia!!!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 8th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
that is great news!!!!
November 9th, 2006, 07:08 AM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
That is great news. It's nice to know what is causing the problems.

November 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
great news. glad you found out the cause

November 10th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great Dr. Good for you.
<div align="center"></div>
November 15th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
AWESOME! I am so glad for you, that is so wonderful. Is it working well so far?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search