TOPIC OF THE WEEK!!!!!

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2004, 12:18 PM
alyssasmommy2001
This weeks topic: end times prophecy

Do you think we are living in the end times foretold in the Bible? What makes you believe the way you do on this subject?
September 29th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Personally, yes. There are just too many signs foretold in the Bible to ignore. Do I believe Jesus is coming tomorrow, not particularly, although we never know. It very well could be. I believe maybe within the next 20 years or so. Just my opinion, and of course, I don't pretend to know when the Lord is coming back. Only the Father knows that. I am just going by the signs.

September 29th, 2004, 04:28 PM
alyssasmommy2001
Yes, I personally believe that it is coming soon. Not soon in the sense that I think it will be tomorrow, but like you said, i can't say when it will be. I believe that the signs are indeed very evident.

The first evidence is the regathering of the Jewish ppl to Israel.

link

Obviously, for Antichrist to form a seven year covenant with Israel, it needs to be prominantly Jewish. The Bible talks about how the Jews will return to Israel twice. It talks about the second gathering in Isaiah 11:11-12;

11 In that day the Lord will bring back a remnant of his people for the second time, returning them to the land of Israel from Assyria, Lower Egypt, Upper Egypt, Ethiopia, Elam, Babylonia, Hamath, and all the distant coastlands.
12 He will raise a flag among the nations for Israel to rally around. He will gather the scattered people of Judah from the ends of the earth.

***Edited to add**** Sorry. Wasn't specific enough with the above statement. The Bible verse above, I believe anyway, talks of the second regathering at the end of the Great Tribulation. It specifically says that this verse is talking about the second regathering, so obviously, for there to be a second regathering, there has to be a first. I believe that the above link shows evidence that the first regathering has been taking place for quite some time, and is still taking place to this day. The reason I believe that Israel will have to be predominently Jewish for Antichrist to form the seven year covenant is b/c of the controversy over the Temple Mount. Antichrist, I believe anyway, will solve the problem of the Temple Mount, thus bringing peace to Israel. So basically, if the Jewish community was not going back to Israel, I don't think it would be an issue, and therefore no need for the covenant. That is why I think this factor is so important and must take place in order for Antichrist to set up the seven year covenant with Israel. Sorry for any confusion about me not explaining this more clearly. It was a lot of info to gather and type!*****

Another evidence of fulfilled prophecy is the EU (Europe United). In 476 A.D. the Roman Empire was divided up into the nations that now make up Europe. The Bible predicts in Daniel 2 and 7 that the Roman empire will be re-established.And the Antichrist will rise to power and control within the newly formed Roman empire.

Another factor is Iraq. Since the Bible talks about how Babylon will be prominent in the end times, and Antichrist will use it as his economic hub, I don't think it is coincidence that Saddam had started rebuilding anciant Babylon, and that they are the world's second largest supplier of oil.

Another factor is the move towards globalism. Leaders strive to unite the globe all the time, and it only takes common sense to know that global unity is the perfect way for Antichrist to take over.

Another very obvious factor is the apostasy of the church. Anyone here who reads Biblical prophesy of the end times knows that this is mentioned SEVERAL times in prophecy. Enough said.

Sorry I have babbled on forever, but this is why I believe that the end times are near, and they may just be closer than anyone thinks. You never know when it will happen. JMO.
September 30th, 2004, 05:19 AM
zonapellucida
Yes--to start they talk about a global society which we are now trying to create. This is such a large question to answer. would it be better to take two-THREE chapters at a time? I would love to reread and discuss Revelations.
September 30th, 2004, 07:35 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida@Sep 30 2004, 09:19 AM
Yes--to start they talk about a global society which we are now trying to create. This is such a large question to answer. would it be better to take two-THREE chapters at a time? I would love to reread and discuss Revelations.
me too. I would love to do a study on Revelations.

I have never read it all the way through yet....

September 30th, 2004, 08:33 AM
alyssasmommy2001
I highly suggest the book, "Are We Living In The End Times?" by Tim LaHaye. It really walks you through scripture about end times prophecy, and explains it in detail. Mark Hitchcock also has some good mini books about the end times, and the Antichrist. Most Christian bookstores have an end times prophecy section in them, and usually have studies specifically on the book of Revelation.

BTW, has anyone read the Left Behind Series??? If you like reading about end times prophecy and you like fiction, then they are great books to read.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search