PPD update.

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
So I went to my chiropractor on Friday who is also a Christian homeopathic doctor. I think that is the term, homeopathic...there is nothing new age, just natural remedies vs medication.

We discussed a lot of different things after he adjusted me, and we determined that my gut is not working. About 6 years ago, shortly after Jeremy and I got together I got over an eating disorder, I would binge and starve. I totally screwed my metabolism doing this. Jeremy found out what I was doing and he was totally not okay with it and started to help me get over it. Well....because of my starving for many years, my body decided that it was going to store up everything it got just in case, and I gained 100 pounds in a matter of 6 months. I was devastated. I went from a size 8 to a size 22-24 almost overnite. I was not over eating, for the most part i am a healthy eater. I started to get sick and I have little to no energy. I have gained about 30 more pounds since then and have maintained. I have done a ton of things to lose the weight but nothing has ever worked. Just before I got pregnant with Landyn I was working out and was on a rigid eating plan from a dietician and I lost 20 pounds, but after those 20 I started to gain it back, there were literally no changes in my diet or my exercise.

So anyhow, the dr did some tests on Friday, 3 out of 26 that I need to take. He found out that I am deficent in many different minerals that our bodies need to digest and break down foods and fat. He said while some of the responsibility is mine because I do sometimes go out for fast food or during the holidays have a few too many cookies, but other than what is normal for most people, I gain the weight eating the same thing that many of you would not gain from. I am essentially gaining from everything, I mean EVERYTHING that I am eating, healthy or not. My body is not producing enough hydrochloric acid to digest the food and so on.

I discussed my PPD with him and he gave me a diet to follow and told me and my hubby that I need to have at least 25 minutes every single day to get on my treadmill and go as fast as I can for those 25 minutes. He said that because of the deficiencies in my body, not only has my metabolism stopped, but my body has very few neuro transmitters to tell me to be happy. I have a few obviously because I can still feel joy, but not enough to get me through the day. By exercising and cutting sugar and a few other things, I am going to start replacing those and get back on track.

So the Wednesday after Christmas, I am going to have the rest of my tests done and get on a plan...He said that I should be able to watch weight just fall off of me at that point as long as I am committed to get better bc my metabolism will kick start. My PPD should start to get better within the week he said with the regular exercise and cut in sugar. I guess that sugar increases depression! What an attack Satan has lying in wait for us! What do we generally turn to when we feel a little down? Sugary foods, ice cream cookies so on...it only increases our depression!

Any how I had to share my good news, I am really excited. I am so glad that finally someone is hearing me. I have been to many MD doctors, and they keep telling me it is all in my head and that if I was truly tired of being fat that i would do something about it. I have done everything that I can think of other than what my chiro is telling me, and the surgeries, which btw were the next stop for me becasue I am tired of being a thin person trapped in a fat body. So YAY me!!!!

Okay well, I went and had my tests done. It has been a grueling couple of weeks with the no sugar thing....it is like coming off of drugs. I was throwing up, had the shakes, sweats, major mood swings and headaches. So the dr did the tests and part of hte tests is a questionairre that you have to fill out. It is a huge one. There was a Toxicity sheet that I had to fill out. 100 points is considered danger level and he has only ever had one person score above 100 so he told me not to worry so much because I should not score up there....lol I scored 118!!!!!!!!!! He was shocked and told me that no wonder i feel like crap. I am full of poisons esstentially. So I am on a detox diet. It consists of 2 shakes a day and a strict diet. But the diet is doable. I can still have meat, just has to be like chicken and fish and then I can have tons of veggies and still have fruit. I am even allowed to eat nuts and stuff on here. But I should not feel hungry I was told.

My poor hubby though...I told him that I could not have my trigger foods in the house anymore. I told him that there was no soda, no candy, chocolate, cookies sweets of any kind allowed in this house for now. He threw a big fit at first and I told him that if I was an alcoholic he certainly would not allow me to be around alcohol! Why is it any different here. Well he did not understand that it is the same thing and this is killing me. So I have been praying that God soften his heart because I was going insane with all the stuff in my house that I could not touch. I could not even open my fridge without looking at some goodie he brought home from work. Well the dr without any of my prompting took Jeremy and kind of reamed him out and told him that he needs to support me by purging the house of all this stuff. THat it was certainly not benefiting Jeremy and it was making it too difficult on me. He told him the alcoholic analogy and everything....it sounded like me coming out of a male voice...lol So Jeremy finally realized that this was serious. I purged my house last nite....3 boxes of stuff!!!!!!! Jeremy does not do well with change and when he came around the corner and saw the stuff in the boxes he about died right there....he turned white and said he had to go sit down....lol

So anyhow the shake is nasty and thick...it is taking me hours to try and get it all down....lol but I will do it...and get used to it....but come hell or high water I will do this....If I can have you ladies hold me up in prayer I would appreciate it. This is going to be tough. He told me to expect in about 3 days to feel like I have the flu, fever and all. It is something to expect and it is a good thing. It means that my body is purging itself of the poisons. Then I will feel better in a day or two after that. I will be on it for a month and then go back in for reevaluation.....

December 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
what a great update! I pray that it works and you start feeling like yourself again!!!!

December 18th, 2006, 04:44 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, thats awesome! I've just started a plan myself, I'm currently 50-60lbs over weight and need to get it off. So I'll pray for willpower and strength for us both.. Keep us updated on your progress.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

December 18th, 2006, 07:32 PM
bravojuliet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bravojuliet
This is great to hear!! I cut sugar and white flour out of my diet years ago and feel so much better!! I do cheat and then I feel horrible. I get headaches and do tend to feel down... I use Stevia which is a herbal sweetener and I love it! It has also been known to help with moods... Let us know how you are doing, and good for you for taking steps to be more healthy! By the way just cutting those two things out of my diet, I lost 26 pounds in no time.

<div align="center"> </div>

December 19th, 2006, 08:17 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is wonderful news, Jessica!! I am so glad to hear that they found the problem. You will have to keep us updated on how it is going.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

January 6th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
bump

January 6th, 2007, 02:13 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that sounds like it is going to help you a lot! You will definitely be in my prayers.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

January 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a yucky drink but you seem determined to make a positive change so suck it down sister! Good for you to be helping yourself like this. I am sure you will feel so much better and I'm sure that your next round of tests will show much healthier results.

I hope dh comes around too and gives you the support you need.
<div align="center"></div>
January 6th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope this really works for you, I am excited for you!! Keep us updated!
January 6th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jeremy is now on board. We purged the house and brought the stuff over to the neighbors house and he has accepted this. I am proud of him. lol he just does not do well with change and kind of bucks it while he does not mean to be a dork about it...lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search