a question

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
proudmomto4boys!'s Avatar no clue what I am doing!
I have been raised in a christian family my grandparents were pastors of a church(they are now retired). I have been raised that God is and always first place in your life. You bring everything to God in prayer and He is always guiding you. my husband is saved (has Jesus in his heart) but doesnt really see the importance of church or having God in every area of your life (well at least he doesnt act like he does). So if I dont take the spiritual role of being head of the house then there would be no one to do it. and He knew how I felt and how I wanted our kids raised and how I wanted our relationship to be together before he married me. I cant even get him to pray with me over situations in our life that needs to be agreed upon and stand in Faith together. I do it all by myself. I have and am praying about this. I am happy with my husband and love him very much we get along great we never argue but spiritually I am very disappointed in our relationship. does anyone else have this problem and what do you do or have done for his hunger for God to grow or at least for him to see how important this is to you. oh by the way names Melinda (26) been married 5 yrs to John(29) have 2 boys Isaiah Nathaniel(5yrs old) and Jeremiah David (2yrs old)

Isaiah 9yrs old,
Jeremiah 6yrs old,
Abraham 3yrs old,
Samuel 21mos old
January 3rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Welcome to Christian Parenting! So glad you have joined us.

I am sorry that you are going through this with your husband. I don't have any real advice except to pray for your husband. It is amazing what prayer can do. I reccomend Stormie Omartin's book Power of a Praying Wife. It's phenomenal! God hears our prayers and the desires of our heart. Pray for your husband, pray for change in him.

xoxoxoxo

Oh, yeah! I am Jerusha, married to Steve for two years and we have a one year old son Aiden.

January 3rd, 2007, 07:40 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
welcome to CP!
((HUGS)) I am sorry you have this problem in your marriage. The only advice I have is to really pray for your husband. Only God can change his heart.

January 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, glad to have you here.

Though my husband is a christian as well I can relate to how you feel, this is something we've been working on. My husband is a very easygoing guy and that's not exactly made him a leader in our spiritual life. To get us as a couple to bring God more into our relationship we have been doing a devotional together, it's called "nightlights for couples" by dr james dobson and his wife shirley, and it's been great.
But of course, pray pray pray, but this is just to offer something more tangilble.
January 3rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there! It's nice to see you down here! I hope to see more posts from you. I'm Stacey--been married for 5 1/2 years to Wes and we have a 2 1/2 year old daughter named Tyrael. We also have a baby in heaven that we lost in October. I hope to get to know you better!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

January 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
My husband is NOT a Christian, so I completely understand playing the role of both a father and a mother when it comes to spiritual matters. Pray, pray, pray. Be the example! Even if he doesn't come around, your children will look back one day and appreciate how hard you worked for them.
January 4th, 2007, 09:15 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My husband is NOT a Christian, so I completely understand playing the role of both a father and a mother when it comes to spiritual matters. Pray, pray, pray. Be the example! Even if he doesn't come around, your children will look back one day and appreciate how hard you worked for them. [/b]
My dh is not christian either, in fact he's not even in the home right now. We're temporarily seperated. But I know how you feel and I agree w/the girls PRAYER! Its the answer. I know in my heart, that some day my dh will come to know Christ.
I'm Dina btw, mommy to 3. Glad you joined and I cant wait to get to know you better.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

January 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
Welcome to the board. I totally agree with everyone that you need to take this to God. I also agree 100% in the Power of the Praying Wife book bc I was dealing with a similar situation with my husband when we first married and that book helped me to learn my authority as his wife and where I stand when I stand in teh gap for him in prayer.

The other thing theNightlights for Couples, I have never gone through that one, but I want to really bad bc Dobson is really good and I respect what he has to say.

January 4th, 2007, 01:16 PM
thanks ladies for the warm welcome. I have thought about getting him to pick a church for us to go to so that he will be more willing to go since he doesnt like the church I go to because he never goes. and maybe suggesting reading a daily devotional I will get him to pick that out too so it will be something he likes and more willing to read with me.

Isaiah 9yrs old,
Jeremiah 6yrs old,
Abraham 3yrs old,
Samuel 21mos old
January 4th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and I agree with all the ladies and especially about the two books suggested. Don't forget about the bible either, open that up to anywhere and you can find answers.
I'm gald you are here.
<div align="center"></div>
January 6th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
These women have offered you wonderful advice. When you do not know whatelse to do pray. Continue to be a living example to your husband. In the situations like yours that I have know it is often the children that reach dad. Also, find a scripture and claim it and pray it daily for your husband.

Also pray for other Christian men to come into his life.

By the way I am Denise. I used to be here long time ago. Welcome!

January 8th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Sunshine412's Avatar Veteran
That book "The Power of A Praying Wife" that Rusha mentioned is AMAZING. I definitely recommend it.
January 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM
thanks ladies for all the advice. I think i will check into all the books yall recommended.

Isaiah 9yrs old,
Jeremiah 6yrs old,
Abraham 3yrs old,
Samuel 21mos old

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search