My husband needs prayer as well

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
Greater is He who is in us then he who is in the world. I have to keep reminding myself this. Jeremy recently started a new job. It is a great opp for us being that he is making about ten thousand more a year. We have been significantly blessed!

He is training with an ex coworker, who is now a current co worker....yes this guy left the old company and went to the new one and my husband did the same thing. But anyhow, this job gives a blackberry telephone, laptop, voice over IP telephone, company vehicle eventually, pays for our internet, is buying us a new printer, a company credit card and we get to travel with him when he goes away as long as we pay for me and the kids. The best part of the job is that once he is trained in, his office is at home. He will have to go in and service some of the areas, but for the most part things are done from home. In the mean time he is working at this guy's house training side by side. Here is where we need the constant prayer....

Al is the guy that Jer works with and Al just recently got married and so his wife and brother in law are all living with him. They have been for some time now. Al knows the truth about Christ and a long time ago he made a confession of Christ, but has since backslidden. He was telling Jeremy that recently Al was speaking wtih Dan about God and Dan said that he had a place reserved for him in hell. Jeremy asked why Dan would say something like that, if it was serious or in jest. Well, Dan who is a 350 pound man and very tall is scared to sleep in his bedroom!!!! He is scared because there is something in there. He has woken up on a couple of occasions to have something he cannot see holding him down. Al said that he would not believe it if he himself has not experianced it.

While I try not to be scared i am a little creeped out. I am going to start to pray for protection while he is there, and then he is praying a cleansing prayer as he gets into the car to leave Al's house. If some of you could hold Jeremy up in prayer I would really appreciate it.

January 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is scary! I will be praying for him.

January 9th, 2007, 09:49 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
scary situation. praying for your dh and the coworker

January 9th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Miss.Tee
Oh my gosh, I'll be praying as well
January 10th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
How are things going?

I will be praying.

This sounds very scary!!

January 10th, 2007, 07:20 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be praying too, for sure. He will be so surrounded by prayer that he will be protected-----don't worry.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

January 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying for all involved. Please keep us posted.

ETA: After responding to this initially, I remembered seeing a daytime talk show cover a similar situation that several people were experiencing. Some thought they'd been abducted, others thought they were possessed, etc. So the show set up cameras in their rooms and then had the videos evaluated by physicians. Turns out that the people were all experiencing a sleep disorder called Sleep Paralysis. Basically, it's a form of narcolepsy where just as the person goes to sleep or just as they wake, they can't make voluntary movement of torso and/or limbs, like someone's holding them down, and have visions (dreams basically) at the same time.

Here are some more links (link above is from Stanford University). Maybe Jer could share some of this info with his co-worker.

Wikipedia

Science News - sounds like what Dan described to his brother.

About.com
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
January 10th, 2007, 08:52 AM
bravojuliet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bravojuliet
I am praying too! Let us know how things are going.

<div align="center"> </div>

January 10th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Veteran
My prayers are with you and your family. As I was reading your post I remembered a verse from my daughter's prayer book... Psalm 4:8 I go to bed and sleep in peace. Lord, only you keep me safe.
January 10th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The first thing I thought of based on your description of him is a health issue. Heart condition, sleep apnea, sleep paralysis, anxiety attacks etc... This man should really see a good Dr. to rule out a medical condition. Anxiety attacks can be extremely scary.

Prayers are with this person.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search